Matt Castle does some stuff

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,333

This is an update of a piece I did in March 2020.

"Whisky" was originally expected to be a fairly throw-away character (I'm not that interested in large breasts), but she proved to be too interesting to use only once, and got refined and turned into a permanent member of my cast.

However, with those refinements (and improvements in my skin materials), the original version now doesn't look much like her any more, so I decided I wanted to re-render with the current version of her model.

~~~~~

Wrong Size (2022 Update)

A hellish universe in which clothes do not automatically adjust to your body shape.

Gallery Link

edited June 2022

This week's prompt on the Daz3D Slackers (unofficial) Discord was to base a render on a famous scene, photo or painting, either as a faithful reconstruction, or in your own style - and that ended up going centaur themed for me, somewhat by chance. (Although yes, I do do a fair amount with centaurs).

My initial comment about doing a centaur version of "Basic Instinct" was supposed to be a facetious one. However, the comments I got in response about how it wouldn't be possible made it sound far too interesting to not try.

Gallery Link

My actual plan was to do a fairly sensible version of "28 Days Later", given that some time ago I made up a set for Westminster Bridge, but this also ended up centaur themed on another member's suggestion/request:

Gallery Link

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Night Watch

Someone's got to keep their eyes open on the long haul trips.

Gallery Link

I've not uploaded anything here for a whole, but back to the oddities of school classes in a fantasy world:

Gallery Link

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

I'm loving your centuars with cloths and mind boogled at how you did it !!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I have often wondered how you got clothes on the centaurs as well?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,122
    edited July 2022

The same way I got these pants on a centaur: Marvelous Designer.

Centaurpants 3.png
    2400 x 2400 - 7M
    Post edited by Gordig on

@Gordig - Strictly, no. I don't even own Marvelous Designer.

@Carrie58 & @SaphireWild - There's three main approaches.

The simplest is when it's an existing dForce skirt or dress that can be fitted to the human waist and then simulated into place using my centaur dForce aids freebie, which provides a couple of options for how to fold the centaur body out of the way at the start of a timeline simulation, then pull it back into place to push the skirt/dress/coat/cape out of the way.

In some cases, like this full body swimsuit, it's assets I've custom made in Blender. (In this case, I did actually start from a rough mesh I'd started to put together for the standard G8F sometime last year, but later abandoned as I found a product that I liked enough to save me the time. However, it was a good starting point here).

That was the general case until this post here, which is where I figured out a broadly viable approach to fit existing G8F clothes to the centaur. It's similiar in concept to auto-fit, although unfortunately I haven't yet been able to make a conventional auto-fit clone where you can just try to fit the item and have it ask whether you want to fit it. It involves a scene file in which a morphed G8F is used to adapt the clothes to a shape that matches the centaur body, then that new mesh is reimported and fitted to the centaur. In theory, that method is shareable, but it's user-unfriendly enough and requires enough manual work that I'm not sure it's actually much of a help to people.

Beyond that, there's a rare few cases where I've used a roundabout method via Blender to get Horse 2 assets to work on the centaur, given that the centaur is indeed based on the Horse 2 mesh and rigging, albeit with some annoying differences that need addressing.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Which means I'll leave the full clothing of the centuars to the master and stick to tops and shirts ..........laugh

edited August 2022

Angel dads can't do proper piggyback rides, but it helps to know a centaur.

Gallery Link

edited September 2023

I've been in something of a rut lately, and decided I needed to do a rapid fire photoshoot series.

However, it would however have to be a silly series. So I decided to try updating my centaur clothing fit tools and convert over some underwear sets.

This one is actually my own custom underwear set combined with socks converted from an old Horse 2 pack by Karth:

Gallery Link

Herschel Hoffmeyer's Mystique set:

Gallery Link

A mix of Danie/Marforno's Fit N' Sexy, OutOfTouch's Active Lingerie and Anna Benjamin's/Barbard Brundon's Ballet Practice. (The briefs and socks from the Fit N' Sexy set didn't transfer well).

Gallery Link

xtrart-3d's Crow Lace Lingerie:

Gallery Link

1920s Boudoir set by Barbara Brundon/Moonscape Graphics/Sade:

Gallery Link

And OutOfTouch's Tessa Lingerie:

Gallery Link

I've not yet run out of underwear sets or enthusiasm, so a few more along those lines:

Angels Secrets Wool Edition and Mythos Outfit:

Gallery Link

Show Your Bra 3:

Gallery Link

Frolic Dress Add-ons

Gallery Link

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,893

Matt_Castle said:

Suffice to say that this one gave my VRAM a bit of a workout (3060 12 GB), even exploiting Nvidia's feature to let me shove all of DS's OpenGL rendering onto my secondary 1650, but it was eventually all rendered in one pass.

Vivid Imagination

Gallery Link

I love this soooo much! heart

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

i was about to ask how much memory your computer has installed but then I saw your signiture. lol

Getting back to fitting things to centaurs that weren't meant to be fitted to centaurs:

A combination of Universe Explorer and the Dog 8 Spacesuit:

Gallery Link

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

You really do an amazing job on fitting your garmets on the centaurs!!!

Saphirewild said:

You really do an amazing job on fitting your garmets on the centaurs!!!

It owes a lot to the morph transfer technology in DS; I had to spend time making... well, essentially auto-fit clones, but my process has to work a little differently, but I can now run through most outfits *fairly* quickly, assuming their "silhouette" can be warped to fit a centaur.

~~~~~

Anyway, no-one's managed to stop me yet, so another series of me wasting my time with that...

French Maid Costume:

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Athletics Outfit:

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Nicole Agent Outfit: (plus custom stockings)

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Cheerleader Outfit:

Gallery Link

~~~~~

Corsican Raider Outfit:

Gallery Link

You definitely have the best dressed centaurs, Matt! smiley

edited April 2023

Apparently I haven't completely abused a vendor's product for a few weeks, so here's me putting Sue Yee's new Bikini on a body type it wasn't designed for.

Gallery Link

Perhaps a slightly lesser abuse of a product!

Super Dog Costume converted into part of a centaur winter outfit (most of the rest of which is Winter Clothing for G8F):

Gallery Link

I may have been involved in a very silly conversation on Discord that eventually ended in combining Clarabelle and Marguerite for maximum cowgirl. (As Centaur 8 is based on Daz Horse 2, morphs and textures are reasonably easy to convert).

Gallery Link

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,122
    edited May 2023

In my experience, there's really no conversion needed. You load Horse 2 into the scene, copy the Coat surface and paste that to Coat on the centaur (and I think torso as well, I haven't done it for a while), then do the same for Hoof, then reapply the centaur opacity map to the torso. I typically use the IDG materials. It just occurred to me that I should have been saving these as material presets for the centaur, because I have a recurring centaur character.

edit: you also need to reset the UV to centaur.

re-edit: I would be very interested to hear about morph conversion, though.

Post edited by Gordig on

I've been a bit short of ideas of late, but I'm going to try to do some stuff with my LGBTQ cast over Pride Month.

~~~~~

While she's living as trans for several years (and has been on puberty blockers for the last couple), Kristin's only recently started using breast prostheses, so there's a bit to get used to.

Gallery Link

Gordig said:

re-edit: I would be very interested to hear about morph conversion, though.

Sorry, completely missed this comment before.

As is, Centaur 7 and 8 are based on the Horse 2 geometry with some Y and Z offset which I'd have to look up, and scaled down by a factor of 1.35. I've got a preset slider for Horse 2 that mostly handles this, as well as also posing/morphing the neck to mostly follow the human torso of the centaur. You can export this shape, and your desired morph to OBJs, and reimport these shapes as a new mesh from which you can transfer the morph.

Note though that you need to export the centaur mesh as a standalone OBJ to transfer to that first (there's morph rigidity on the geografft normally, which stops you transferring the shapes properly). At this stage, you can then transfer to your mesh, and then use that (possibly with some clean up in Blender) to reimport on to the centaur.

I have also transferrd Horse 2 followers too, but they... they definitely vary in difficulty.

And to offset the last one being all deep and sensible, here's a centaur at a rave:

Gallery Link

edited June 2023

Matt_Castle said:

While she's living as trans for several years (and has been on puberty blockers for the last couple), Kristin's only recently started using breast prostheses, so there's a bit to get used to.

Breasts and bras take a lot of getting used to for most girls. Hang in there, Kristin! heart

Post edited by WinterMoon on

WinterMoon said:

Breasts and bras take a lot of getting used to for most girls. Hang in there, Kristin! heart

Many thanks.

I'm glad to say that the response to this one has been positive, apart from one complete clown who decided to break out the kind of arguments that were already tired in the 1970s.

edited July 2023

Matt_Castle said:

the response to this one has been positive, apart from one complete clown

There's always that one person. frown

Post edited by WinterMoon on

Someone on the Daz3D Slackers Discord said their birthday was coming up...

...and my first thought was to have one of my characters doing the whole "Happy Birthday, Mister President" thing, but that would mean I had the hard choice of picking someone less crass than having Kim Kardashian wear the dress.

So, anyway, I put it on a horse.

Gallery Link

(Continuing my habit of dressing up centaurs. In this case, the dress is custom made, with the rhinestones placed by Ultrascatter)

That time the Dragonborn was a horse.

(I took the Dragonsbane outfit for G3M and - as I am wont to do, I decided it'd be funny to convert to Centaur, along with pieces of the Kadis and Cypruss sets).

Gallery Link