Revisting Carrara's powerful NPR renderer

2»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    Vyusur said:

Stunning architectural renders, Veronika!

Beautiful characters, Andrew.  

My only current contribution is to make sure that NPR-render-engine newbies are aware that the mesh density of objects in an NPR scene affects the render.  Here, I inserted a simple vertex cube and duplicated it.  The mushy-looking cube is just one polygon per face.  The sharper looking cube has a higher mesh density because I subdivided mid-edge to center several times.  The NPR settings include the default brush for diffuse, shadow, etc., but no outline.  I did reduce randomness and minimum brush size.  The UV maps and the shaders for the cubes are the same.

Thank you, Dart! I ment uploading custom brushes to Carrara for NPR, not to forum thread.

blush Sorry blush

I thought I once knew how to import my own custom brushes into the 3D Paint system... but I no longer remember how blush

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

you need to save an image the exact size as the others and edit one of the accompanying files to go with it in notepad and also add it in the main file that lists them

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    Vyusur said:

Thank you Andrew! I like your Pinocchio (aka Buratino). I attached one Buratino example. How do you upload your custom brushes?

Veronika,

you can copy your cbr or png image brushes to the folder Carrara/Presets/PaintBrushes/yourfolderchoice

here's some more info that may help you  wink

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/58760/convert-custom-png-brushes-to-cbr

we both looked for links

I had done it just examining the wizard and other files in notepad though and it worked 

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

hey great info Diomede, thanks - and Veronika that's a lovely Buratino! sorry didn't see your question - been busy sewing holes in wetsuits (fixing them :) )

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited March 2019

Thank you all for the quick and useful responces! Here is what I came up with.

Doc12.png
    1000 x 1300 - 799K
    Doc13.png
    1000 x 1300 - 732K
    Doc32.png
    1000 x 1300 - 719K
    Doc12.png
    1000 x 1300 - 799K
    Doc25.png
    1000 x 1300 - 771K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

That's a really cool effect!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

That's a really cool effect!

+1

Vyusur said:

Thank you all for the quick and useful responces! Here is what I came up with.

lots of interesting textures going on !

pretty and gruesome yes

pretty and gruesome yes

a lot like us ;)

edited March 2019

Dart, Ted, Andrew, Wendy, thank you guys for your nice comments! I really appreciate.

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Vyusur said:

Dart, Ted, Andrew, Wendy, thank you guys for your nice comments! I really appreciate.

Add me to the "very nice render" list !

Thank you Bunyip!smiley