Fit Control Add-On (Commercial)

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

OK, that makes sense. It never occurred to me to use it on hair sets, but I can see where that would be very useful. Thanks for explaining why it works that way!

• I'm guessing it would be useful to allow the end user to check or uncheck a box related to scanning the hair, so that those who don't need it to scan the hair can have it ignore the hair, but those who want it to operate on the hair can still do so.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

That is an option..For now we want to solve the issue of the script slowing down studio when certain items are present on the figure.

• Is there any option to adjust for nipples or any plans to add it? I have had so many items that nipples poke through even turning mesh smoothing way up. I own the add on as well as many of your products.
    edited August 2019

Nipple adjustments have been added.

Actor/Fit Control/Breast Adjusters/Nipple Adjust.

Not all add-on morphs went into new catagories. Some add-on morphs were added to the original structure.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,695

Since this has popped back up to the top of the cue, I want to take the opportunity to give a fanboyingly effusive "THANK YOU" to Zev0 for Fit Control, the Add-On, and for implementing my requested morphs in the Add-On!!! Thanks to you and Fit Control, I have absolute confidence whenever I need to drape a conforming item without dForce. I start convinced that Fit Control has the tools to realistically fit clothes to figures. And when I'm finished, my prior convictions are confirmed. Good on ya, mate!

Now, if I only had a glute decrack morph that didn't add a vestigial tail hump.

edited August 2019

You're welcome:) Ye... That decrack morph is kinda hard to get right as a universal solution.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    Zev0 said:

You're welcome:) Ye... That decrack morph is kinda hard to get right as a universal solution.

Your three- or four-tiered method could be the way to go? Top, middle, lower, smoothing?

Suppose it can be revised. At the time it was just a quick addition to the product. I'll see if an update can be made or something when I have some free time.

Thanks for even considering it. Wait a minute! I've never tried using Glute Control's Crease Strength morphs to smooth out the crack. Do you know anything about that? I have a render going at the moment.

edited August 2019
    Can't remember off hand. Not at my pc to check atm. I'm sure a combo of moving the glutes can help. EG maybe the glute rotate sliders. You can also try and dial them in very little so it projects onto clothing and use those hidden projected morphs on the clothing to adjust further without really changing the figures glute shape.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Nipple adjustments have been added.

Actor/Fit Control/Breast Adjusters/Nipple Adjust.

Not all add-on morphs went into new catagories. Some add-on morphs were added to the original structure.

• Thank you I will help that out after my va ratio
  • SupersaiyalinkSupersaiyalink Posts: 3
    edited September 2019

Hi, I purchased the Fit Control Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s), and Fit Control Add-On for Genesis 3 and 8 Bundle. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the package but can't seem to get the controls to appear under utilties for Genesis 8 or 3 male. Please help.

Edit:

Never  mind, ​I found the product under content library. I was looking in smart content.

Post edited by Supersaiyalink on
  • I have purchased fit control for gen8 and the addon, and applied the scripts for the base product with no problem but now the addon is telling me to select a genesis 3 figure, even though it says the addon is compatible with gen8 figures

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    megaworm said:

I have purchased fit control for gen8 and the addon, and applied the scripts for the base product with no problem but now the addon is telling me to select a genesis 3 figure, even though it says the addon is compatible with gen8 figures

Sorry for the delay in verifying this post,  you were caught up in the process we use to weed out spam 

• itzmeitzme Posts: 5

Fit Control for G3F and G3M works nicely, but for G8F and G8M only "add on product support" scripts are provided. The G3 "add morphs to item" scripts do not work with G8 characters and showme an error message.

I tried to re-install the product several times using the Install Manager as well as downloading manually. What am I doing wrong?

• Hi.

I was working with the Desert Raider Belt item (it's a belt + back-skirt), and realized that Fit Control didn't have skirt morphs for G8M.  That's an understandable design decision, and I might be the one person who ran into an exception - so is there any way I could trick the script into loading the G8F skirt morphs into a single G8M item? 

Appreciate the work you've done.

Hi.

I was working with the Desert Raider Belt item (it's a belt + back-skirt), and realized that Fit Control didn't have skirt morphs for G8M.  That's an understandable design decision, and I might be the one person who ran into an exception - so is there any way I could trick the script into loading the G8F skirt morphs into a single G8M item? 

Appreciate the work you've done.

Hi. You can trick it...Load belt on female, add Fit Control so it gets the female morphs, then autofit the belt to male. The female morphs will come over. Just be sure to drag the belt from female figure onto male because If you delete the female and the belt is still on her figure, even if auto-fitted to male, then it will also be deleted.

itzme said:

Fit Control for G3F and G3M works nicely, but for G8F and G8M only "add on product support" scripts are provided. The G3 "add morphs to item" scripts do not work with G8 characters and showme an error message.

I tried to re-install the product several times using the Install Manager as well as downloading manually. What am I doing wrong?

Hi. I am a bit confused here. No G3 scripts work on G8. What Fit Control products do you have? And what figure are you trying to use it on? Can I see a screenshot?

Zev0 said:
    Hi. I am a bit confused here. No G3 scripts work on G8. What Fit Control products do you have? And what figure are you trying to use it on? Can I see a screenshot?

Sorry if my post was not clear, I'm still new to DazStudio. I bought two separate FitControl Bundles: (1) Fit Control for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s) and Male(s) as well as (2) Fit Control Add-On for Genesis 3 and 8 Female and Male.

There is no problem whatsoever using Fit Control on G/G2/G3 figures, since there are icons named "Fit Control Activate Genesis Morphs" / "Fit Control Activate G2M Morphs" / "Fit Control Activate Female Morphs" available in the "Smart Control" tab. I also found a "Fit Control UI" folder in my Content Library under People>Genesis 3 Female (Male)>Clothing, where several "Add Morphs To Item" scripts can be found. But these unfortunately do not turn up in the "Smart Control" tab.

For G8 figures I am still trying to find any scripts/morphs that I can apply. There's a folder named "Fit Control" in my Content Library under People>Genesis 8 Female (Male)>Clothing, but it only contains one script "Add-On Product Support" that contains a link to this forum. That's why I desperately tried to use the G3 scripts on G8 figures.

So basically my question is: Where do I find the "Activate G8 Morphs" or "Add Morph to G8" shapes/scripts that I need to use your product on G8M and G8F figures? I naïvely expected them to turn up in my "Smart Control" tab whenever a G8 figure is active and "Filter by Context" is marked.

• pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 177
    edited November 2019
    itzme said:
    Zev0 said:

Sorry if my post was not clear, I'm still new to DazStudio. I bought two separate FitControl Bundles: (1) Fit Control for Genesis and Genesis 2 Female(s) and Male(s) as well as (2) Fit Control Add-On for Genesis 3 and 8 Female and Male.

I think that's probably your problem right there. You bought the "base product" "Fit Control for G and G2", and the "add-on expansion" for the "Fit Control for G3 and G8" version. You don't have the "base product" "Fit Control for G3 and G8" that is required to use the add-on you bought.

The Add-On - Expansion adds more morph sets to the base product for certain generations. It does not extend functionality to other generations of figures.

In other words, look at this product page: https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-add-on-for-genesis-3-and-8-bundle

Under "Required Products" are all of them marked "(owned)" ?

Post edited by pctech4ny on
    pctech4ny said:
    I think that's probably your problem right there. You bought the "base product" "Fit Control for G and G2", and the "add-on expansion" for the "Fit Control for G3 and G8" version. You don't have the "base product" "Fit Control for G3 and G8" that is required to use the add-on you bought.

The Add-On - Expansion adds more morph sets to the base product for certain generations. It does not extend functionality to other generations of figures.

In other words, look at this product page: https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-add-on-for-genesis-3-and-8-bundle

Under "Required Products" are all of them marked "(owned)" ?

Wow, I would never have figured that I am still missing a product here.

<rant>With all these different generations of models, dforce, iray, confusing add-on products and obscure mutual dependencies DAZ shopping can turn into an expensive adventure sometimes...</rant>

Thank you very much for your help!

• JerifeJerife Posts: 272
    edited December 2019

Hi again Zev, thanks for your gift and your wonderful scripts. I just bought the AddOn and the Fit Control for GF8; G3F I already had. Easy and awesome to use, works fine if I keep all the morphs, but... If I delete the unused morphs I am not able to save the scene or a piece of garment as subset. Daz crashes when I try that. Is it a known issue?

Post edited by Jerife on

Never had a studio crash doing that before. I am able to save subsets with Fit Control morphs on selected items.

I can save with all the morphs in

Can't and crash if I use the "delete unused button morphs" to get rid of the unused morphs. (if it is a panty those from skirts or bras, for instance)

Will do more tries though when I have a little time

I've repeated the process with a base G8F. Loaded a G1 garment, a dress called JSkirt. Load the morphs, put a number (3) in all the skirt and chest morphs. Make a pupeteer mark. Save the pupeteer. Save the dress as scene subset. All works great

Now I use the "delete unused button morphs", morphs unused are deleted successfully. Save the dress again as scene subset and the program crashes.

The bug report windows opens and gives me this information: 

Exception reason: DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:0000000002227344, DzProperty::getOwner()+4 byte(s)

Registers: RAX=0000000000000000  RBX=00000000629F9870
    RCX=0000000057041CD0  RDX=000000000000000D
    RSI=0000000057041CD0  RDI=0000000001FFAEE0
    FLG=00010202          RBP=000000006BCBDE78
    RSP=0000000001FFAA28  RIP=0000000002227344
    CS=0033  DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B  FS=0053  GS=002B

Stack Trace:  Can't copy and paste

Do try again with G8F base, dress is G1 Pusey Designs Low Hip Dress-uv, load the morphs sucuccesfully, save as subset: works. Save as scene: works

Pup saved does not work (different garment, though same morphs? but this time I checked SY template for V4 dresses when fitting so there are 3 more morphs) 

put a number (1) in all the skirt and chest morphs. Aplly the the delete unused morphs. Panty morphs are deleted. Save the scene: Crash

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:0000000002227344, DzProperty::getOwner()+4 byte(s)

RAX=0000000000000000  RBX=00000000D9DEAAE0
    RCX=00000000DB50EAD0  RDX=000000000000000D
    RSI=00000000DB50EAD0  RDI=00000000013FB470
    FLG=00010202          RBP=000000005B4D57F8
    RSP=00000000013FAFB8  RIP=0000000002227344
    CS=0033  DS=002B  SS=002B  ES=002B  FS=0053  GS=002B

At least the problem is consistent. I attach the log file

I can live with this issue but for complex scenes not being able to reduce the morphs is cumbersome

Thanks for your attention

zip
    zip
    log.zip
  • Hello,

I purchased both the base product (for G8 female) and this add-on (which says for G3 and G8).

The base product for G8 works fine but this product only seems to come with applicable scripts for G3 females and so cannot be applied to the G8 that I am working with.

Product description for the add-on says for G8 as well do not sure what I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanks,

DJ

•  

Running the Fit control(g8f) results in an error in the studio.

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\OneDrive\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:000000007BEAE1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

Deletion and reinstallation do not resolve.
    What should I do?

Hi there,

unfortunately i have got the same problem...

When trying to add Morphs from Fit Control Add-On to G8F each time DAZ3d crashes and i got the same error message as per mentioned above. Morphs on Gen3F are working. Even de- an reinstallation does not help (tried new installation with DIM and also with Smart content - No Chance to get the Add On working again..)

System: DAZ 4.12.086 Pro Edition 64Bit on Win10

Installed Products: Fit Control for G3F; Fit Control for G8F; Fit Control for G8M; Fit control Add On for G3F and G8F; Fit Control Add On for G3M and G8M.

Product was working before and i have no clue why it does not work anymore and causes crashes on DAZ3D.

Your help is highly appreciated!