Fit Control Add-On (Commercial)

Comments

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

crash issues here, too.   adding fit control morphs to a couple pieces of arki outfit on g8f crashed the new studio beta for me thismorning.

i can't remember whether the beta crashed immediately before or immediately after displaying the 'fit control morphs have been added' popup.  but it was right around then.

i'll try again later today, and if i get another crash, i'll send you my logfile. 

:)

j

• ECILAECILA Posts: 3

Hi, I bought Fit Control for Genesis 8 as well as the Add-on for Genesis 3 & 8 Female. The problem is with the add-on, I can't load it on the genesis 8 figure. It's says you have to load a genesis 3 figure. There also are no gen 8 icons. 

Is there something I'm missing? Sorry, I'm quite new to Daz.....work with macOS Catalina 10.15.3

200304-fitcontroladdon-01.png
    1226 x 842 - 78K
    200304-fitcontroladdon-02.png
    962 x 812 - 100K
  • me too. when I look for 8, all i find is a script graphic. when i click the icon, it sends me here to this thread, page 5

• QuantDQuantD Posts: 0

same for me .... in fact it is an "addon". It took me a while to find out since the product page (https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-add-on-for-genesis-3--8-female) is a bit confusing here ... which is quite annoying. Now I spend money on a product I cannot use without spending more money to buy the base product. Well done this is how business works indecision. In the end it is my fault since there is a clear statement concerning the required product ...

•    I'm having the same problem. I have both the Fit Control and the add-on, however, when I try to use the add-on, there are no scripts for the G8 female. Only the G3. Please fix this now or give me my money back!

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited June 2020
    Please look at the product requirements. Do you have Fit Control for Genesis 8 Female? This is an add-on for the base products, and they are required.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Also unable to load the add-on to G8 - instead I get a prompt asking to select G3

fit-control-error.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 701K
    edited June 2020

Also unable to load the add-on to G8 - instead I get a prompt asking to select G3

Please look at what version you are using. The script is asking for Genesis 3 Male, you have Genesis 8 Male selected. You are trying to run the Genesis 3 script of the product on Genesis 8.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2020

OK let me make this clearer.

If you want to use this

https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-add-on-for-genesis-3--8-male

on Genesis 3 Male then you need this

https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-3-male-s

And if you use it on Genesis 8 Male you need this

https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-8-males

Same structure for females.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • If you bought both base product and add-on. Check if the base product is installed. Today I checked and realized the base product was not installed, DazCentral doesn't recognize my base product. I have to use DIM to install it.

• My background in IT has allowed me an understanding of the differences between 'G3' and 'G8'. The problem is that no G8 script shows up for the Add-on. Here are screenshots of Fit Control - which loads fine for both G8M and G8F - as well as screens of the Add-on, which do not.

I'm now running 4.12.1.118 Win10

fit-control.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 459K
    fit-control 2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 340K
    addon.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 430K
    addon-2.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 340K
    addon-G8F.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 353K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited July 2020

@princeperry you might try the main thread for Fit Control to see if Zev0 can help with your issue there. That thread has been a lot more active lately, and this thread gets pushed down. Also, notifications may have gone wonky with all the forum changes lately.

Main thread is https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/192541/fit-control-for-genesis-8-commercial/#latest

As I understand it, the Add-on doesn't have an extra script called "add-on" or anything like that; it adds options that you use by calling the main script. Try this to see if it works:
    1) Put clothing onto G8M. For this test, it doesn't matter what .
    2) Select G8M
    3) Run Fit Control with G8M selected. A popup should appear where you select the specific item of clothing. Check that box, then click OK. Fit Control will tell you when it's done.
    4) Select the item of clothing.
    5) Go to the Parameters Tab.
    6) Expand the section called "Actor".
    7) Expand the section under "Actor" called "Fit Control". If the addon is installed, and everything is functioning correctly, you should see a section called "Add-ons". That means that the Fit Control Add-On is installed correctly, since those options would not be present if it wasn't.

See the attached image for what I'm talking about.

Fit Control Addon

fitcontroladdon.jpg
    1896 x 884 - 198K
    Post edited by vwrangler on
  • boopaterboopater Posts: 21
    edited September 2020

i have the base product installed v1.2 and when i select a genesis 8 female the product tells me to select a genesis 3 female. am i missing something? v1.2 crashes and the add-on askes me to select a genesis 3 figure. i'm lost.

Post edited by boopater on

There is a huge difference between crashing and closing. If it is asking you to select a Genesis 3 figure the you are using the Genesis 3 version and not the one designed for Genesis 8. The product icons are marked with a 8 or a 3. Can I see a screenshot of what icon you are clicking on?

• v1.2 of Fit Control for Genesis 8 Females crashes all of the daz program as soon as i apply it. i'm hoping v1.3 will fix this.

A seperate issue is when i use Fit Control for Genesis 3 and 8 Females it says to select a genesis 3 character.

Annotation 2020-09-03 121909.png
    562 x 229 - 59K
    edited September 2020

Your screenshot shows you are browsing the addon. The addon has an added Genesis 3 UI (user interface) version to match the appearance of the Genesis 8 version since the original G3 version was outdated. We would have loved to update the source G3 versions but caused way to much conflicts so we added the UI version in the addon as a bonus. So if you look at your content you will see on Genesis 3 in clothing directory there will be Fit Control and Fit Control UI.

To use the addon morphs for Genesis 8 you use the original Fit Control v1.2 product for Genesis 8. The addon does not have a new script interface for Genesis 8 since it uses the source product. And yes V1.3 resolves the crashing some users experienced. We had to re-write the entire process.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • so do i need the v1.3 to make the add-on work? why does it ask for a genesis 3 character? i'm very confused.

"why does it ask for a genesis 3 character? i'm very confused."

Because you are clicking on the wrong script. You are using Genesis 8, you are clicking on Genesis 3 script Icons. They have numbers on them. Script icons will show Fit Control 3 and Fit Control 8.

Also you do not need V1.3 (which is still to be released) to get the addon to work. The crashing only happens with SOME users. Most have no issues with V1.2

To use the addon morphs on Genesis 8 simply use the original Fit Control Product for Genesis 8. It has been updated to V1.2 which recognises the Addon Morphs.

• as you can see in the image i posted there are no seperate scripts for G3 and G8, just scripts. four to be exact. aplly, remove, delete, and zero

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,187
    boopater said:

as you can see in the image i posted there are no seperate scripts for G3 and G8, just scripts. four to be exact. aplly, remove, delete, and zero

Zev0 already addressed this: you are trying to apply the add-on, not the actual Fit Control. Applying the add-on only works to add morphs to items that already have Fit Control morphs.

• so you are saying that i need to get the fit control for genesis 8 females to work first? i did not hear her say that. i heard her talk about scripts buttons that do not exist.

The base products are a requirement in order to use the addon. They are listed as a requirement on the addon store page. The addon package is just morphs..You cannot access them on Genesis 8 without using the base product. Your initial issue is using this for genesis 8.

So for genesis 8 you need to use this

https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-8-female-s

Then only can you use this

https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-add-on-for-genesis-3--8-female

• i understand i think. so, i need to apply fit control first then i can apply the add-on, yes?

if this is true i need v1.3

edited September 2020
    The addon is already applied when you use Fit Control if you own both. All the addon gives is extra morphs to Fit Control when you use it.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • so i have to get fit control working and then it loads it's and the add-on's morphes all at once. bring on v1.3!

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,487
    boopater said:

so i have to get fit control working and then it loads it's and the add-on's morphes all at once. bring on v1.3!

Do you have = Have you bought the main product https://www.daz3d.com/fit-control-for-genesis-8-female-s ?

• yes. currently v1.2 which crashes Daz.

edited September 2020

Version 1.3 is now live for the G3 UI in addon. We made it work with 4.11 as well. Thank you for your patience.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • AJ2112AJ2112 Posts: 1,416

All your products are awesome Zevo, fit control is amazing !  Great job and thanks smiley