AppLink for 3D-Coat?

2»

Comments

• stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Hi PLahoda.

If Coat does all you need that is fine. But most people who use take the models and use them else where. So depending on what you do with your models,that dictates what other software you need.
    In 3dcoat you do not really have much control of the rendering and lighting.And there is no hair tool.
    These are the two things I use a lot. So I use Carrara because it is easy for me to use ( and understand!) I have flirted with Blender but it is not so user friendly as Carrara.
    I know what you are saying about zbrush too, yes it is absolutely brilliant and you can do amazing things but if you cant "get it" you do not get anywhere.It just annoyed the heck out of me!

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Here are the applink functions from the documentation. I haven't gotten to study or look through them to say oh this doesn't apply. But when we create the new thread then we can dissect what should or shouldn't be attempted. As well as discuss our own coat experiences with and without connection to Carrara.

There are 10 functions for an Applink

o Paint mesh in 3D-Coat using per-pixel painting [ppp]
    o Paint mesh in 3D-Coat using microvertex painting [mv]
    o Paint mesh in 3D-Coat using Ptex [ptex]
    o Perform UV-mapping in 3D-Coat [uv]
    o Drop reference mesh to 3D-Coat [ref]
    o Drop retopo mesh as new layer in 3D-Coat [retopo]
    o Drop mesh in 3D-Coat as voxel object [vox]
    o Drop mesh in 3D-Coat as single voxel object, all objects will be merged together in one volume [voxcombine]
    o Drop mesh in 3D-Coat as new pen alpha [alpha]
    o Drop mesh in 3D-Coat as new merging primitive for voxels [prim]
    o Drop mesh in 3D-Coat as a curve profile [curv]
    o Drop mesh in 3D-Coat for Auto-retopology [autopo]

Update: possibility to drop objects from 3D-Coat to your app directly.