User Galley

FhaloFhalo Posts: 42
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi

Glad to see that the user gallery is now online.

Thanks goto eveyone that help to set it up

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes it is really nice to see the Galleries back

A tip that I have discovered.

As well as selecting Bryce 7 as the software used, add Bryce as a tag. Then when your image is displayed for a user it shows the tags as hyperlinks, so if you click on "bryce" in the tags it then shows you the Bryce images that have been tagged as Bryce.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

Adding the Bryce tag brings up Bryce images, but only one page.

edited November 2013

Horo said:
    Adding the Bryce tag brings up Bryce images, but only one page.

Yes I think we need to flag things like that up as a bug report on the beta.

This is true of all sorts of things, like the "my Likes" tab as well.

The problem is that at the moment the bug system is not allowing multiple input on one bug report, as the old system did.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

I just uploaded my images to my gallery but now can't seem to find any way of editing it.
    Am I missing something?

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited November 2013

StuartB4 said:
    I just uploaded my images to my gallery but now can't seem to find any way of editing it.
    Am I missing something?

I don't see one either. There's a "delete image" button, but that deletes the entire entry and all the tags and stuff too, not just the image. You could always do that and then re-enter everything, but if you spent 15 minutes identifying 2 dozen products, make sure you take a screenshot or write them down first so you can re-enter them all.
    Post edited by sriesch on
    edited December 1969

Just click on the image you want to edit. Or hoover with the mouse over it and you get two icons: a cross to delete it and a pencil to edit it. I spent most of the time editing ...

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@StuartB4, by "edit" did you mean "replace the picture with a different picture" or "modify other attributes associated with the existing picture", and can you get from your gallery's list of all pictures to the screen for a single picture by clicking on it or using the mouse hover icons Horo describes?

edited November 2013

Any sort of editing would be nice. I have nothing at all when hovering over the thumbnail. Clicking to full size image I just get the full size image.
    If I hover over an image all I get is a blue box, the title, my user name, date and the thumbs up symbol.
    There doesn't seem to be any options to upload or delete any images either.

Edit:
    Forgot to mention, there is also no way of adding a description like I see down the right hand side of some usere images.

Another Edit:
    Just noticed something else, the only way to get to my gallery is to type the actual name of an image in the search box.
    Which means it's unreachable by anyone else unless they know the name of at least one of my images.

Thumb.jpg
    323 x 323 - 50K
    Post edited by StuartB on
    edited November 2013

Typing your name into the search box for artist should also work, but brings up only 4 images, how many have you uploaded?

Edited to add, you do all the adding of links etc from this screen, can you get this screen up?

categories_for_gallery_3.jpg
    718 x 658 - 209K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    edited December 1969

You can edit from My Account > Gallery, I don't know if you can edit from the Gallery page itself.

edited December 1969

Thanks very very much Chohole and fixmypcmike.
    That was just what I needed.
    @Chohole: I uploaded 49 and they all seem to be there.

I think it's just me, I'm not all there at the minute, wifes in hospital with salmonella
    so other things on my mind.

Thanks again.

edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    Thanks very very much Chohole and fixmypcmike.
    That was just what I needed.
    @Chohole: I uploaded 49 and they all seem to be there.

I think it's just me, I'm not all there at the minute, wifes in hospital with salmonella
    so other things on my mind.

Thanks again.

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969
    gallery.jpg
    1067 x 913 - 343K
    edited December 1969

Well, I expected to see the word Bryce ...

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Well, I expected to see the word Bryce ...

Subversion takes effort and guile. Many of my Octane images rely on Bryce - among other bits of software. Bryce will get plenty of plugs don't worry.

• STKyddSTKydd Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Thanks David, don't know how you come up with this stuff so fast, but thank you

edited December 1969

Thanks David, don't know how you come up with this stuff so fast, but thank you

Mostly by avoiding getting on with the things I should be getting on with!

Here is another.

Bryce "Nuts and Bolts" - Create a hyperlink for your DAZ 3D forum signature - by David Brinnen

Edit_sig1.jpg
    987 x 609 - 146K
    edited December 1969

@fixmypcmike.

Thanks very much.

• egehlinegehlin Posts: 29
    edited November 2013

Don't know if this the right thread for this but I've just discovered that Daz has restarted the user galleries (yes, I'm a little behind on my news). However, I am most disappointed to find that when I attempted to open a gallery to post my work, I received a message that my browzer (Internet Explorer 9) is not supported and that Google Chrome and Firefox are supported. So now I'll have to switch to an unfamiliar browser in order to post my work?!

I've been away from the Daz site for a while and now that i've returned it seems that it's more difficult to navigate the site than before...less "user friendly". Part of the reason I was considering coming back to Daz was because I was experiencing some of the same frustrations with my gallery at DeviantArt and the "improvements" made there over the last year.

Maybe I'll go back to updating my blog...

Post edited by egehlin on
    edited December 1969

egehlin said:
    Don't know if this the right thread for this but I've just discovered that Daz has restarted the user galleries (yes, I'm a little behind on my news). However, I am most disappointed to find that when I attempted to open a gallery to post my work, I received a message that my browzer (Internet Explorer 9) is not supported and that Google Chrome and Firefox are supported. So now I'll have to switch to an unfamiliar browser in order to post my work?!

I've been away from the Daz site for a while and now that i've returned it seems that it's more difficult to navigate the site than before...less "user friendly". Part of the reason I was considering coming back to Daz was because I was experiencing some of the same frustrations with my gallery at DeviantArt and the "improvements" made there over the last year.

Maybe I'll go back to updating my blog...

Unfortunately, IE9 doesn't support HTML5 drag-and-drop (IE10 and 11 do). Firefox and Chrome are listed because even older versions support it.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@egehlin: You could upgrade IE instead of switching to Chrome or Firefox. Or, Opera is easy to use and works fine uploading.

edited November 2013

I was trying to place a link to image 6795 in the Gallery, but my inexperience is shown. Again. It is a beautiful facial image of a young woman, IMHO, mind blowing.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited November 2013

GussNemo said:
    I was trying to place a link to image 6795 in the Gallery, but my inexperience is shown. Again. It is a beautiful facial image of a young woman, IMHO, mind blowing.

YOU do it like this http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/6795/ :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Silverdali does make great art.

edited December 1969

Ummm...Pam...seeing the results doesn't help know how it's done. I usually use the < a > button when placing a link.

edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    Ummm...Pam...seeing the results doesn't help know how it's done. I usually use the < a > button when placing a link.

Don't actually need to use any html code. hyperlinks will work without in this forum software. I am really not quite certain why they have the stuff up there, as a lot of that whole stuff is redundant and has never worked.

I just copy from the browser bar and then paste into my message body.

Looking forward to the new forum software they have promised us, when hopefully html formatting will work again.

edited November 2013

And we now have a sort of answer as to how they are going to judge the Gallery contest. Seems it is going by most popular, which I feel is the worst way to judge a contest, particularly when there are quite large prizes up for grabs. Now how many members can I bribe to "like" my next image. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

Yeah, most popular doesn't seem quite right, since there are many images that are really good but don't tug on the heart strings, or belong to the same category.

edited December 1969

@Pam - I think judging is by the number of thumbs-up. The prices look great but the caveat is that you have to purchase for $50+ to get $25 off for the 1st place, or $50+ for a $15 return as 2nd place and $20+ for $5 in the 3rd place. That is for premier artist items. For DOs it is different but those prices are not what most winners may think.

@GussNemo - well, the gallery was flooded once it was opened. Some folks just dumped the content of their folder into the upload frame. No info about program and things, picture name is the file name. Without any information, it is difficult set a thumb up. Then, tastes are different. Do you put a thumb up if you like the image or do you put it up because you think it is a great piece of art - even though you don't like the subject matter?