Batch Render for DS4 and RIB - [commercial]

13»

Comments

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    edited August 2015

Here is a link to the user's guide http://www.draagonstorm.com/tempdl/BatchRenderforDSRIB.pdf

The name of the image would be the name of the saved scene with the filetype of what you selected. For example if a scene file was named MyScene01.duf and you selected .jpg for the render to type. the rendered image would be named MyScene01.jpg.

As for any issues that involve loading a scene from DAZ Studio by hand.. Those would also be an issue with Batch Render.

Thank you very much.

Post edited by Frinkky on
  • Before I purchase this product I want to make sure it is what I need ... essentially I can render up to six scenes overnight? (I would kill for a night which didn't involve me getting up to start another render:( ).  I just have to put in the setting and save information for each scene and set it to go?  And it works with Iray?  If so can you have a couple of scenes with 3Delight and another couple with Iray in the same batch?  Much appreciated for any advice.

• Before I purchase this product I want to make sure it is what I need ... essentially I can render up to six scenes overnight? (I would kill for a night which didn't involve me getting up to start another render:( ).  I just have to put in the setting and save information for each scene and set it to go?  And it works with Iray?  If so can you have a couple of scenes with 3Delight and another couple with Iray in the same batch?  Much appreciated for any advice.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

And Yes :)

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

And Yes :)

Excellent!  It will go in my cart shortly! :))

• I'm quite interested in the batch renderer, but only once it handles multiple cameras in a scene. So I guess I'm tagging thie topic with the hope that eventually there'll be an announcement of an update.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Warren,

I'm not sure what you mean, in this context,  by multiple cameras in the scene.  You should save the scene as a Duf file with the appropriate camera active in the viewport.  When the scene is loaded by the batch renderer it will then render the scene through the selected camera, ignoring any others in the scene. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex.

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited October 2015

Warren,

I'm not sure what you mean, in this context,  by multiple cameras in the scene.  You should save the scene as a Duf file with the appropriate camera active in the viewport.  When the scene is loaded by the batch renderer it will then render the scene through the selected camera, ignoring any others in the scene. I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex.

I think I understand what the OP wants... For the script to cycle thru each camera in the scene and render from that camera..

It is possible, but I will not be adding that type of 'overhead' into the script. A lot of people may have many cameras in a scene, that they use for setup. But don't want to render with those cameras. And to give them an option to do so, correctly. I would have to list all cameras in each scene loaded, for the user to select which camera to render from.... It ain't gonna happen.

If you have several camera in one scene.... Select each camera for the viewport, and save that as scene... (Some thing like: scene1_camera1, scene1_camera2, scene1_camera3, etc.) And then load those scenes to batch render.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

Warren,

Cheers,

Alex.

I think I understand what the OP wants... For the script to cycle thru each camera in the scene and render from that camera..

It is possible, but I will not be adding that type of 'overhead' into the script. A lot of people may have many cameras in a scene, that they use for setup. But don't want to render with those cameras. And to give them an option to do so, correctly. I would have to list all cameras in each scene loaded, for the user to select which camera to render from.... It ain't gonna happen.

If you have several camera in one scene.... Select each camera for the viewport, and save that as scene... (Some thing like: scene1_camera1, scene1_camera2, scene1_camera3, etc.) And then load those scenes to batch render.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I understand.  If I want to do something like this I generally use a variation on your method: I move the camera and then resave the scene.

Cheers,

Alex.

• Hi Dragonstorm... I'll be buying your plugin, but I have a couples of questions, if you don't mind!!

I'm using only Iray renders... Is there a way to edit the exposure value and other Iray-only settings in the batch? Because I rarely render with the same settings and I need to change it in almost every scene I do...

Thank you in advance!!!

Keep at the good work!!

• Carlos3d said:

Hi Dragonstorm... I'll be buying your plugin, but I have a couples of questions, if you don't mind!!

I'm using only Iray renders... Is there a way to edit the exposure value and other Iray-only settings in the batch? Because I rarely render with the same settings and I need to change it in almost every scene I do...

Thank you in advance!!!

Keep at the good work!!

If, in your preferences you have Render Settings: Record when saving a Scene File checked, and Use Scene Saved Settings selected in Batch Render, then you should be good to go.

• Carlos3d said:

Hi Dragonstorm... I'll be buying your plugin, but I have a couples of questions, if you don't mind!!

Thank you in advance!!!

Keep at the good work!!

If, in your preferences you have Render Settings: Record when saving a Scene File checked, and Use Scene Saved Settings selected in Batch Render, then you should be good to go.

Excellent!!! Buying then!!! Thank you!

• I bought this produce a month or so ago and only just had time to look at the documentation.  My question is:  can you download the standalone 3Delight and render as rib and then work on a different scene in DS as it is rendering?  Hope that is understandable. :)

• I bought this produce a month or so ago and only just had time to look at the documentation.  My question is:  can you download the standalone 3Delight and render as rib and then work on a different scene in DS as it is rendering?  Hope that is understandable. :)

Yes.. The scrip[t will even create the .bat file for windows to run the .rib files thru the 3Delight stand alone

Yes.. The scrip[t will even create the .bat file for windows to run the .rib files thru the 3Delight stand alone

DraagonStorm, thanks for the quick reply.  That's fantastic.  Downloading the standalone now then.  

• Great looking plugin , interested in it but need a way to have a timer to not render each scene right after the other so computer can cool down a bit between scenes.  Someting like wait xx minute between renders, is that possible ?

Thanks.