Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,339
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments, Rogerbee.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

No worries,

Keep the renders coming.

CHEERS!

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

Between the sale and Pc coupon i finally picked up big cat 2

Hunting-Grounds.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 668K
    edited December 1969

That's cool,

I haven't really done much with the animals yet.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

thanks.

Honestly i'm never really interested in the bigger animals because i suck at posing them lol. i would use the dragon but holy hell does it look awkward when i try lol.

but i have been wanting the cats for a while.

edited December 1969

I picked up the Dragon 2 when it was on special offer, but, never really did much with it. Rate I'm going it'll be next year before I'm back into 3D full time. I'm having too much fun with actual modelling to want to do anything virtual right now.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

That's interesting, Rogerbee. So, what are you modelling, if one can ask?

edited December 1969

At the moment it's Freddy Krueger and soon it'll be a life sized head of Regan from The Exorcist.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Well, you have some very interesting work going on, so no wonder you have left virtual 3D on the side.

In the meanwhile I have rendered http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-serena-hd
    using promo lights from Skin Builder Pro

Serena108pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1200 - 190K
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

At the moment it's Freddy Krueger and soon it'll be a life sized head of Regan from The Exorcist.

CHEERS!

sounds interesting, i miss that kind of stuff, used to do that kinda of stuff a long while back but no room anymore lol. i was thinking of getting back into painting citadel miniatures like i used to when i was a kid but then i saw the price of the paints now.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,955
    edited December 1969

thanks.

Honestly i'm never really interested in the bigger animals because i suck at posing them lol. i would use the dragon but holy hell does it look awkward when i try lol.

...I'm one of the many still waiting for "Little Cat2".
    edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

I picked up the Dragon 2 when it was on special offer, but, never really did much with it. Rate I'm going it'll be next year before I'm back into 3D full time. I'm having too much fun with actual modelling to want to do anything virtual right now.

CHEERS!

...what software are you using for modelling?
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys,

The models are kits or ready moulded, I'm talking real and not virtual. I was into them years ago and wanted to pay tribute to the late Ray Harryhausen, found some kits I liked and it spiraled from there. I too am running out of room though so will definitely be returning to virtual modelling when that happens.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    thanks.

...I'm one of the many still waiting for "Little Cat2".

i would love a little cat 2 myself

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:

Thanks guys,

The models are kits or ready moulded, I'm talking real and not virtual. I was into them years ago and wanted to pay tribute to the late Ray Harryhausen, found some kits I liked and it spiraled from there. I too am running out of room though so will definitely be returning to virtual modelling when that happens.

CHEERS!

...I used to do that, mostly aircraft. That's where I got my start in "kitbashing". Wish I still had a steady hand as I miss it.

Now I have to do it the virtual way, but need to wait until the 64 bit version of Silo for Windows is released.

edited November 2014

Playing with the renders of Michael 6 dressed up in http://www.daz3d.com/order-of-the-wolf
    Lights used: http://www.daz3d.com/photo-studio-kit Darker Ambient preset with changes to intensities
    MainLight 70% OffsetLight1 90% OffsetLight2 90% Highlight 65%
    and the Cool_Lights preset from http://www.daz3d.com/min-seo

m6wf04pic03.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 326K
    m6wf06pic01.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 430K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Rogerbee said:

Thanks guys,

CHEERS!

...I used to do that, mostly aircraft. That's where I got my start in "kitbashing". Wish I still had a steady hand as I miss it.

Now I have to do it the virtual way, but need to wait until the 64 bit version of Silo for Windows is released.

I too started with aircraft, most are in my roof space now. It's always slow going compared to doing it in Daz. It's hard to maintain enthusiasm.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Artini said:
    Playing with the renders of Michael 6 dressed up in http://www.daz3d.com/order-of-the-wolf
    Lights used: http://www.daz3d.com/photo-studio-kit Darker Ambient preset with changes to intensities
    MainLight 70% OffsetLight1 90% OffsetLight2 90% Highlight 65%
    and the Cool_Lights preset from http://www.daz3d.com/min-seo

They both look great, more lights for me to play with!

CHEERS!

edited November 2014

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Rogerbee said:

Thanks guys,

CHEERS!

I too started with aircraft, most are in my roof space now. It's always slow going compared to doing it in Daz. It's hard to maintain enthusiasm.

CHEERS!
    ..I would think it the other way around. For example, the only 3D models of a Super VC-10 I've seen are really not very accurate. I'd have to take them into a modeller and perform some major "surgery" on the meshes, Almost just as good to do it from scratch using the actual drawings and planforms (were I any good at 3D modelling).

My Airfix version looked much more like the "real thing" (and neither of the 3D ones come with the "classic" BOAC livery). True, it took some time to do all the fine detail work, but far less than modelling it in virtual space.

...then, again, where to find room to put it when I'm done is a different matter.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Below is another one made with skydome and lights from http://www.daz3d.com/ocean-wide
    Environment is http://www.daz3d.com/ambush-alley-desert-road-and-gully

m6ootw26pic01.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 603K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

..I would think it the other way around. For example, the only 3D models of a Super VC-10 I've seen are really not very accurate. I'd have to take them into a modeller and perform some major "surgery" on the meshes, Almost just as good to do it from scratch using the actual drawings and planforms (were I any good at 3D modelling).

My Airfix version looked much more like the "real thing" (and neither of the 3D ones come with the "classic" BOAC livery). True, it took some time to do all the fine detail work, but far less than modelling it in virtual space.

...then, again, where to find room to put it when I'm done is a different matter.

I'm just referring to Daz where you load it, clothe it, pose it, light it and render it. That takes less time than building and painting a kit. When you have a love for the subject it does help, but, sometimes you get caught up in the giddy over-enthusiasm of it and rush it. I've done that several times recently and have had to strip off all the paint and start again. After more than 3 times the enthusiasm wanes a bit!

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Artini said:

Below is another one made with skydome and lights from http://www.daz3d.com/ocean-wide
    Environment is http://www.daz3d.com/ambush-alley-desert-road-and-gully

Yet again, these look great, almost as good as some Lux renders I've seen.

CHEERS!

edited November 2014

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I'm just referring to Daz where you load it, clothe it, pose it, light it and render it. That takes less time than building and painting a kit. When you have a love for the subject it does help, but, sometimes you get caught up in the giddy over-enthusiasm of it and rush it. I've done that several times recently and have had to strip off all the paint and start again. After more than 3 times the enthusiasm wanes a bit!

CHEERS!
    ...morning.

Yeah, it can become tedious. For example, it could take me days sometime just to get the different surface areas on wings to look right. then there were details like weathering, engine soot, and the "no skid" area on the wing root by the over-wing emergency exits (today they have decals for the latter, back then I had to paint that on). I put as much work into detailing airliners as military buffs did with fighter planes.

edited December 1969

Yeah, I tired building an injection kit of a ship from Battlestar Galactica, but, I just couldn't get a good enough finish with the paint. I'm sure the composition of the plastic was different as I got a perfect finish on other parts from other kits using the same brushes and paints. I don't mind so much if all you need to do is paint it. I'll persevere...

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...well hopefully I'll have some more "virtual paintings" to post here soon. Been spending lot of time working with/learning Reality/Lux .

edited December 1969

Me too, one day......

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Thanks a lot, Rogerbee.

edited November 2014

Rendered in Carrara. I wish I would have such a nice candle in Daz Studio.

candle02pic08.jpg
    868 x 1200 - 93K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

That looks great,

I could never get Carrara working right when I had it, mind you it was 5 Pro and things may have moved on since then.

CHEERS!

edited November 2014

...slowly tying to learn it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to play very nice with my G2.characters. Actually been working more with text/logo generation and learning the vertex modeller

Kind of sad because during the 2012 MM sale I bought just about every one of the Howie Farkes lovely scenery sets in preparation for using them in illustrating my story only to discover my G2 Version of Leela looked terrible after rendering her. The eyes were blank, transmps (like hair and eyelashes) turned into solids, the skin tones looked pasty, and she lost her freckles (which were applied with an LIE utility that is supported only by Daz Studio).

Below is a sample I did as an experiment for a thread that was on creating 3D text. The nice thing with Cararra is you can import existing fonts so you don't necessarily have to model them from scratch.

text_test.png
    1200 x 675 - 667K
This discussion has been closed.