Realistic Renders.....NOT!! 13: A new room to fill!

Comments

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

JesterVII said:
    First render I've done with Reality/Lux that I truly like so here it is.

Nice, reminds me of Jeff Bridges.

CHEERS!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,954
    edited December 1969

...bugger, ebots must have been parting so hardy during the Superbowl last week they are still three sheets to the wind (or "selling Buicks").

...nevertheless...

picked up a lot of stuff over the last month. Now i know on other threads I questioned why another teen character (Belle) when they already had Josie and the Zev)'s Growing Up morphs.

Well, had some GC credit and she was on the 2014 Flashback Sale I already had the two items I wanted when I remembered my "ols school" PC membership ended this Friday (tonight) so I had to use the coupon before I lost it. After calculating in the extra saving plus the 6$ coupon I figured she would only cost me a little over 6$ and change (especially nice since they recently raised the prices of all the base Gen6 figures).

...so I got her for the "Gene Pool", and off course, had to test her out. She loads in nice and small (about 5'3") and has a lovely skin texture. So then, phase two, I thought, let's see if I could turn her into a certain "known personality".

Well, in less than an evening (actually only a few hours), there she was, it was almost too easy and I had to do far less morphing compared to past attempts The only thing missing are her freckles and as Belle has her own UV map The Skin Overlay utility screams at me that it's the wrong UV and locks up my system for a while. Hopefully, there will be an expansion for Skin Builder Pro to add these details

...so here she is. No other figure or character morph was mixed in save for the V6 NPMs.

Leela_belle_test.jpg
    900 x 900 - 97K
    edited December 1969

Nice render,

I haven't been here for ages and I'm still knee deep in my model projects and won't see the back of them for a good few months at least. I have run out of room for them though so I will not be buying more of them (famous last words). This does at least mean that I'll have some cash spare for Daz stuff, just not much, if indeed any, of the time.

I will not abandon 3D art and promise that I will get back to it eventually

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

...thank you.

Now you've seen Leela develop over the years back when all we had was Vicky 4, then through Genesis with YT 5 and most recently the "Growing Up" versions of G2F.

So, what do you think of "Leela Belle"? Did I spend my money wisely?

edited December 1969

Yeah, I'd say so.

I'd like to see a close up though.

CHEERS!

edited February 2015

Rogerbee said:

Yeah, I'd say so.

CHEERS!

...here you go.

This and the previous one were both rendered in 3DL using a two light setup.

Leela_Belle_closeup.jpg
    900 x 900 - 242K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

She's adorable. I love the blend of morphs you've used. You may be able to add freckles manually using the LIE. Just load the freckles overlay from the skin builder in the editor. It may need some tweaking so fit the UV's though.

edited February 2015

...thank you. I really feel she looks more like the young girl as I originally envisioned her being without having to "force" the appearance (even though in most of the story she's 18 - 20). I also like how the facial expressions seem to look so much more natural (used "Happy Full Face" and "Mouth Open"), much better than on the base G2F/Growing Up version.

Skin Builder Pro unfortunately does not have freckles (surprised it doesn't) I hope there will be such an add on soon as the version of the Skin Overlay tool I have is only for V4/M4 (I was using the "Tommi" skin for V4 on the last version of Leela, but I like the detail of Belle's skin better and it already comes with several SSS settings).

As to tweaking, I created a skin with SBP for Giselle (who also has her own UV) so I could redo the eyebrows to match the hair for my character Myste without having to deal with painting out the ones on the existing skin map and I feel she came out really well.

myste_test.png
    900 x 900 - 488K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Rogerbee said:

Yeah, I'd say so.

CHEERS!

...here you go.

This and the previous one were both rendered in 3DL using a two light setup.

Very nice, was this done on that beast you built? I spent 6 months building mine and have only done 2 renders! I will get round to more, I'm just having such a ball revisiting the hobbies of my past. After years of virtual stuff, I guess I craved something tangible again.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...thank you. I really feel she looks more like the young girl as I originally envisioned her being without having to "force" the appearance (even though in most of the story she's 18 - 20). I also like how the facial expressions seem to look so much more natural (used "Happy Full Face" and "Mouth Open"), much better than on the base G2F/Growing Up version.

Skin Builder Pro unfortunately does not have freckles (surprised it doesn't) I hope there will be such an add on soon as the version of the Skin Overlay tool I have is only for V4/M4 (I was using the "Tommi" skin for V4 on the last version of Leela, but I like the detail of Belle's skin better and it already comes with several SSS settings).

As to tweaking, I created a skin with SBP for Giselle (who also has her own UV) so I could redo the eyebrows to match the hair for my character Myste without having to deal with painting out the ones on the existing skin map and I feel she came out really well.

Very nice again,

She looks to me like she should have Faerie wings.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

Very nice again,

She looks to me like she should have Faerie wings.

CHEERS!
    ..she is the "queen of the flutterbys".

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,339
    edited December 1969

Monique 6 looks great...

Moniq03pic02gimp02.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 204K
    edited December 1969

Yeah, she does look good, what were the lights for this render?

CHEERS!

edited February 2015

I have used the light set, that is included with http://www.daz3d.com/eclypse-for-genesis-2-female
    but also normalized image in the Gimp, duplicated the layer and set it to overlay and flattened up.

Post edited by Artini on
  • MusicplayerMusicplayer Posts: 515
    edited December 1969

Posted this picture in another thread because it related to that topic, but felt it was one of my better realistic renders so would also apply here. Hope this isn't classed as a double post. :red:

Cheers :-)

Pensive_Mood.png
    1473 x 811 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Artini said:
    I have used the light set, that is included with http://www.daz3d.com/eclypse-for-genesis-2-female
    but also normalized image in the Gimp, duplicated the layer and set it to overlay and flattened up.

Mmm, pity I have no real interest in that type of character. There was a set on Renderosity you used that I really liked though.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Posted this picture in another thread because it related to that topic, but felt it was one of my better realistic renders so would also apply here. Hope this isn't classed as a double post. :red:

Cheers :-)

Very nice, it's very welcome here, as are you.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Another render of Monique 6. This time I have used the light preset from
    http://www.daz3d.com/architectural-lighting-rig
    Edited slightly in the Gimp.

Moniq22pic02gimp03.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 457K
    edited December 1969

Mmm, not so keen on that one, the best renders I've seen from you used DM's Art Infinity and Skin Builder Pro for lights. Light Up The Dark gave good results too.

CHEERS!

edited March 2015

Another try. Monique 6 and http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tamara-for-monique-6
    Used promo lights from http://www.daz3d.com/skin-builder-for-genesis-and-genesis2-female-s
    First Daz Studio render with gamma correction set to off in render settings.

Moniq25pic01gimp02.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 387K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited March 2015

... and then with gamma correction 2.2.
    What do you think - shall one use renderings with the gamma correction set to on or off?

Moniq23pic03gimp01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 314K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

Are you sure that's not the other way round!? 2.2 gamma usually makes things lighter.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Ok, the images above were edited in the Gimp.
    Below is the original Daz Studio render with gamma correction off.

Moniq25pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 290K
    edited March 2015

... and unedited render with gamma 2.2

Moniq23pic03.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 265K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 1969

There seems to be more detail in the one without gamma.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

Thanks, I think I also like better the version without gamma.
    Will try different light sets, as well.

edited December 1969

I rendered this just now with the gamma at 2.2. The fans on the graphics card screamed alarmingly while doing so, I might wait till my room is cooler before doing that again!

CHEERS!

M6_Bjorn_4.7_01_.jpg
    576 x 745 - 177K
    edited December 1969

If you look at my avatar, I believe that was rendered with similar lights but with the gamma off.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

That looks very nice and gamma correction works well in your render.

I have rendered http://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-tamara-for-monique-6
    with http://www.daz3d.com/vidal-braids-for-genesis-2-female-s
    using lights from http://www.daz3d.com/amelie-for-keiko-6-hd
    Gamma off.

Moniq37pic01gimp02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 266K
    edited December 1969

... and with Gamma 2.2

Moniq37pic02gimp02.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 270K
This discussion has been closed.