Carrara Challenge #47: Structured/Unstructured - Voting Closed - Thank you everyone!

13»

Comments

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Can I make a suggestion: show the so-called winner works (if at all in links/images), in the end.

Jay

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Jamahoney said:

Can I make a suggestion: show the so-called winner works (if at all in links/images), in the end.

Jay

nice idea Jay :)

Congrats to the winners, huge well done to all who participated, picking just 4 was very hard !!!

Thanks to DAZ3D & Vyusur for being sponsors.

Also a big well done to DesertDude for being a great host !

what Bunyip said ! Once again apologies for being so infrequent in my comments at the moment ... :(

3drendero said:
    Proposals for improvements for next round -Longer voting periods -Ask the Bryce fans to vote (since they ask Carrara fans sometimes) -PM as UB suggested -Ask in other Carrara forums?

I asked in the Bryce forum for voters, which they helped out superbly !!!

yes and they have taste and style :)

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congratulations to all winners! DesertDude, thank you for your great hosting and for very creative theme! Thanks to DAZ for sponsorship!

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

Congratulation to all winners... wonderful Entries, hard Job to vote.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119

+Congratulations +

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

~ congrats all ~

great Carrara images by all as usual.. yes

thanks @DesertDude for hosting and thanks @Vyusur for your support of the challenge and choosing my image  heart

thanks Daz3d for continuing support of prizes to us Carrara users

well done all.... and don't forget the songbird challenge with prizes at Hivewire3D ... get your Carrara images entered there as well ... wink

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Great hosting, DesertDude.

Congratulations, Veronika, and other winners.

wonderful variety of approaches, I loved them all

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,235

Thanks all for the nice words and suggestions.

You all Rock!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    3drendero said:
    Proposals for improvements for next round -Longer voting periods -Ask the Bryce fans to vote (since they ask Carrara fans sometimes) -PM as UB suggested -Ask in other Carrara forums?

_And how about If any Daz3D members could Vote on these  _There by making  more Voters  _thanx

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    ed3D said:
    3drendero said:

_And how about If any Daz3D members could Vote on these  _There by making  more Voters  _thanx

Bryce and Carrara users know what goes into making an image in either program.   Although both sets of users do import products from the Daz store the majority of the image is produced within the program itself,  whereas Daz Studio or Poser they are producing their images with all premade content.  

So voters who don't use Carrara or Bryce will tend to vote for the prettiest pictures  and not consider what it took to produce it.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited July 2019
    ed3D said:
    3drendero said:

That's a good question.  Here is my view of how it works.

In almost every Carrara Challenge, there is a semi-mirror thread created in the Art Studio forum.  The purpose of the mirror thread is not to exactly duplicate the main Challenge thread, but to provided some ongoing highlights of the Challenge as new images are posted.  At the end of the Challenge, members in the Art Studio forum (mostly Daz Studio people) who see the mirror thread are asked to come over to the Carrara forum and vote.

It sounds like a good idea on the surface, but in reality almost nobody ever visits and votes.  I think that Sonja (Icedragonart) did a few times, but she has used Carrara in the past and is sympathetic to helping us out whenever she can.  The rest of the Art Studio folks seem to be uninterested in Carrara in general.  The reason why is unclear.  There are some great artists there who use Daz Studio extensively, and we would welcome their participation.

You may be thinking that the Art Studio is kind of a backwaters in the Daz forums, and that it would be more effective to ask for voters in the Commons forum.  It's a logical course of action, but when I tried to do it, I was told by a moderator that it was not permitted.  So that specific avenue of getting more voters is gone.

I think that Carraraists and Brycers are in the same boat, as neither is actively supported by Daz in terms of new development.  We both have strong followings, and are both seen as underdogs.  Those are a few reasons (but not the only reasons) why each tends to support the other when voting in respective Challenges.

edited for splelling :)

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Good points.

As far as I know, all the render challenges have been moved out of the Commons Forum, not just Bryce and Carrara.  The RRRR random challenge, the "Its Raining Men", Lola Lane's Music and Poetry inspired, etc are in the Art Studio Forum.  Voting seems to be a common problem across the challenges.  For example, the RRRR often has trouble getting enough votes to resolve the challenge.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

When I hosted my Challenge I put posts in the Art Studio but they recieved very little interest. I also voted in a RRRR challenge which was struggling to find voters.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

So, when is the new challenge coming?