[Released] Lighting Designer - Auto-Fill [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• Half LifeHalf Life Posts: 479

Yeah, there are definately overlaps in functionality there and it is always advisable to not step on another PA's toes.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I am glad for this as I really suck at lighting.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

This looks very cool, especially since it is so precise,  right down to the selected polygon! Coders rock! yes

One suggestion if you're taking them would be to parent the light to the selected figure, so the light moves when the figure is moved. Thanks for the videos too!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    Sigurd said:

I am glad for this as I really suck at lighting.

You're welcome!  Hopefully you will love it as much as we do!

dawnblade said:

This looks very cool, especially since it is so precise,  right down to the selected polygon! Coders rock! yes

One suggestion if you're taking them would be to parent the light to the selected figure, so the light moves when the figure is moved. Thanks for the videos too!

Thanks! laugh  Thank you for the suggestion too.  I am trying to remember but I think there was an issue when parenting, though I could be mixing things up as there were a LOT of issues to work out to bring this product to you all. smiley  It turned out to be a lot more work than I expected.

I have scheduled a YouTube livestream for showing a deeper look at Lighting Designer, how it can be used and why it should be used. You can set up a reminder message by visiting the link and clicking the "set reminder" button.

https://youtu.be/qiuN7dhSGew

And it is released!

I forgot to post this render done for the manual -- another example of using Lighting Designer to create a studio lighting setup.

LD Monique Kick Promo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 148K
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited July 2019

Interesting! Will watch the videos first.

If you add the link Lighting Designer - Auto-Fill then it will appear on the page of the product thanks to the Daz deals add-on.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Found a bug:

If the timeline is not at 0, ghostlights stays visible.

Workaround: Go to keyframe zero.

Thanks, I found the problem and fixed it. I'll get the update out to DAZ ASAP.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    edited July 2019
    Half Life said:

Thanks, I found the problem and fixed it. I'll get the update out to DAZ ASAP.

Thank you for fixing ;)

I've also a feature requests.

After I use normally other Exposure Values than the product is designed for, it would be nice if I could change Luminance and the Luminance Units directly in the dialog of the script.

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 960
    edited July 2019

After I use normally other Exposure Values than the product is designed for, it would be nice if I could change Luminance and the Luminance Units directly in the dialog of the script.

I've been having a lot of fun playing around with it, but I'd also love for the ability to tweak the luminance within the script.

Post edited by evacyn on
  • OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited July 2019

My first experiment with this; the one warning I will make to newbies is that you should look at what the light in your scene is doing before using this. This is technically an interior set (with part of the roof made invisible, so more like a completely enclosed courtyard), but the indoor options didn't seem to make much of a difference. Only when it occurred to me that the existing lighting was acting more like this was outdoors did I switch to the outdoor options and start seeing results.

JennicaCleopatra2.jpg
    1138 x 1610 - 1M
    Post edited by Odaa on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872
    edited July 2019
    Odaa said:

My first experiment with this; the one warning I will make to newbies is that you should look at what the light in your scene is doing before using this. This is technically an interior set (with part of the roof made invisible, so more like a completely enclosed courtyard), but the indoor options didn't seem to make much of a difference. Only when it occurred to me that the existing lighting was acting more like this was outdoors did I switch to the outdoor options and start seeing results.

Good to see someone's else results and not only the creators of the set - thanks for posting.

Post edited by Artini on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    gerster said:

Found a bug:

If the timeline is not at 0, ghostlights stays visible.

Workaround: Go to keyframe zero.

Was the update ever submitted to the store? I still have this problem. If I add a ghost fill plane at frame 30, it is visible in the render. I tested in both DS 4.11 and DS 4.12 Public Beta.

• I did fix the error and hand the changes off a few months ago, it should have been distributed as an update by now...

Half Life said:

I did fix the error and hand the changes off a few months ago, it should have been distributed as an update by now...

Thank you for such a prompt reply. DIM says that the version I have installed is a package dated 6/24/2019. DIM doesn't have any update available for me beyond that. Your comment here about the fix is dated after that, so it looks to me like Daz hasn't released the update. That seems strange. Can you please check on it?

• barbult said:
    Half Life said:

I did fix the error and hand the changes off a few months ago, it should have been distributed as an update by now...

Thank you for such a prompt reply. DIM says that the version I have installed is a package dated 6/24/2019. DIM doesn't have any update available for me beyond that. Your comment here about the fix is dated after that, so it looks to me like Daz hasn't released the update. That seems strange. Can you please check on it?

It looks like there was a problem with the web site for our product, and when they recovered it, they put the original back.  Supposedly, the update should be live now.

Yes, thanks. I found the update in DIM.

• barbult said:

Yes, thanks. I found the update in DIM.

Great!  Sorry for the inconvenience.

I found a great video on YouTube that shows many of the principles behind Lighting Designer in use -- this could be very helpful for understanding when and where to utilize the tools:

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,872
    edited June 2020

Very nice video. Need to find a time and begin to experiment with Lighting Designer.

Post edited by Artini on
  • I'm trying to find if there is an update to this product since Daz V4.2 it says in the product desc that it is compatible with 4.21 but the Ghost Emmitter does not work and there is no option to change the cutout opacity.

• attamat-llj said:

I'm trying to find if there is an update to this product since Daz V4.2 it says in the product desc that it is compatible with 4.21 but the Ghost Emmitter does not work and there is no option to change the cutout opacity.

This would need to be an update to Ghost Preset, which is handled by Half Life.  I only did the script, which works with whatever presets are located in the Data/Half Life/Lighting Designer/Presets folder. I would PM him for an update to it.  Alternatively, if you are comfortable creating a ghost light preset, you could create one yourself and put it in the Data/Half Life/Lighting Designer/Presets folder