O.T. Couple of Christmas Eve pictures.

evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

We had a beautiful hoar frost this morning and it looked kind of Christmas-ey, so I figured I snap a couple pictures from around the ol' homestead in north central Wisconsin. It was 0º F. so I didn't snap too many. ;-)

homestead02.jpg
2000 x 1500 - 2M
homestead01.jpg
2000 x 1500 - 1M

Comments

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,698
    edited December 1969

Haha, I was like:"Great renders!"
    Wasn't expecting some good ol' pictures to pop us ;)
    They are wonderful!
    Here it's about 5C, with a wind power of 8 on the Beaufort scale ><</p>

Happy holidays and thanks for sharing!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

0º F hmm, that is a wee bit on the chilly side.

Nice piccies though.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Very nippy! It was -6º F when I went to work. The reason for the hoar frost is because there was a fog. Not sure how you get a fog at -6º. I didn't think the air could hold enough moisture at that temp. I'm sure there was an inversion layer with warmer air below colder air, but even so, the warmer air is frickin' -6º!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

We are nowhere near that cold yet, although they have said there is a remote possiblilty of snow for christmas. Today we had a lovley suprise hailstorm, complete with thunder and lightning. Frightened the life out of my young cats as they were sitting on the kitchen window sill communing with a visiting cat who was sitting on the outside window ledge, pleading to be let in as it had started to drop hail on him. They caught the whole flash bang wallop thing quite up close and it scared them. The visiting cat stayed put as he had a modicum of protection because the force of the storm hit the front of the house. He would really rather have come in though, as it was a short lived but fierce flurry. I guess his humans must have been out.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited December 1969

We got some snow just in time for Christmas. We had 6 inch's on the ground and then had 50-60 temps the last few days. It's back to single digits and snow

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Very nice pictures EP! You can keep those temperatures though!

It was just below freezing in the pre-dawn hours down in north Texas. But we're around 12 degrees Centigrade right now.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:

It was just below freezing in the pre-dawn hours down in north Texas. But we're around 12 degrees Centigrade right now.

Just so I feel warmer I may just set my thermometer to Kelvin.

edited December 2013

Garstor said:

Just so I feel warmer I may just set my thermometer to Kelvin.

That'll do it. BTW, look for the Nova documentary "Absolute Zero." It details the race to understand and then achieve that ultimate in cold and also describes what is arguably the first air conditioner - from the late Middle Ages. Pretty neat stuff.

Post edited by Garstor on
  • wscottartwscottart Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Sure glad I don't wake up to that cold weather. Gotta love South Texas in the winter, but I will trade you summer temps!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

ditto.. glad we don't have cold white christmas's either.. we don't get snow at any time of the year on the coast

overcast warm 22C this Christmas morning in NSW.. just nice ;-)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited December 1969

I absolutely hate the cold weather cause of my back but it's nice to have a white Christmas.

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    ditto.. glad we don't have cold white christmas's either.. we don't get snow at any time of the year on the coast

overcast warm 22C this Christmas morning in NSW.. just nice ;-)

Oh, I do miss those kinds of christmases!

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Lovely pics and looks like a wonderfully peaceful place to live. Congrats!

Happy Christmas to all!

Here's to some fantastic renders in 2014!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,041
    edited December 1969

26C and sunny at 10am in Adelaide, high of 34 foeccast but I reckon we will only hit 30C,
    it will be cooler at my brothers place near the beach
    he has a prawn cocktail ready for me I was told when asking what time to come over, I might have a beer too,
    dunno what the F is going on with me and alcohol, tried a Belgian mixed fruit cider bitch water last night and had trouble finishing one small 240ml bottle.

edited December 1969

ps, EP I thought they were nice renders too, almost Bryce like! ;-P

edited December 1969

26C and sunny at 10am in Adelaide, high of 34 foeccast but I reckon we will only hit 30C,
    he has a prawn cocktail ready for me I was told when asking what time to come over, I might have a beer too,
    dunno what the F is going on with me and alcohol, tried a Belgian mixed fruit cider bitch water last night and had trouble finishing one small 240ml bottle.

Well, I just finished a bottle of champagne. Mixed it with orange juice.

Great weather though; enjoy it and have a wonderful christmas day.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Very nippy! It was -6º F when I went to work. The reason for the hoar frost is because there was a fog. Not sure how you get a fog at -6º. I didn't think the air could hold enough moisture at that temp. I'm sure there was an inversion layer with warmer air below colder air, but even so, the warmer air is frickin' -6º!
    It's all the water in Wisconsin. Lake Michigan won't freeze all the way across, most years. Flowing rivers and streams can also keep from freezing, so long as they stay moving. Then we get the fog.
    Rosie and I were going off at the beauty of our area (North East Wisconsin) as well. Just gorgeous. I'm sore though, from all the shoveling.
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Well, I just finished a bottle of champagne. Mixed it with orange juice.

Great weather though; enjoy it and have a wonderful christmas day.Yeah,
    Merry Christmas to all... and to all, a good Render!

edited December 1969

Then they'd still be rendering! :-P

edited December 1969

Then they'd still be rendering! :-PMust be on an old Mac, or something! :ahhh:
    <<em>ducks to dodge the right upper-cut>

edited December 1969

Then they'd still be rendering! :-P

Must be on an old Mac, or something! :ahhh:
    <<em>ducks to dodge the right upper-cut>

It's Christmas, so no cookies for you!

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all.

Nice pics EP is hard to see the snow in Rome, you really can say: "White Christmas!!!" Next year I will come and spend my holidays in those parts.

Happy holidays to all and don't eat and drink too much. :lol:

Ciao, Max.

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited December 1969

Merry Christmas to all!

edited December 1969

some Christmassy music too not rendered in Carrara, sorry

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 2013

Here in Belgium, not of white Christmas (12°c as in Texas) but here all the same my animated wishes made in Carrara for all the fan of Carrara!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUOpDxK5As

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everybody !

Post edited by DUDU on
    edited December 1969

Wendy and DUDU, those are awesome!

DUDU, very nice work on the sleigh making tracks in the snow!

edited December 1969

Wendy and DUDU, those are awesome!

DUDU, very nice work on the sleigh making tracks in the snow!

Echo that! Really nicely done.

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Here in Belgium, not of white Christmas (12°c as in Texas) but here all the same my animated wishes made in Carrara for all the fan of Carrara!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkUOpDxK5As

Merry Christmas and Happy new year to everybody !

Like the snow moving as they sleigh along. Subbed on youtube.

edited December 1969

Man, DUDU... That is really cool! Love Santa's voice, too!
    Wendy girl, you Rock!
    All: Merry Christmas!
    Just got home from my Mom & Dad's house.
    They got me a cool new pilot cap and a yearly membership to EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association), which is really cool. They have their museum and fly-in celebration grounds (same place) not far from here. They have a huge assortment of excellent aircraft - even a space capsule - and a bunch of other related fun stuff. I'm really hoping to get the whole family to the Fly-In next year. Anyways... enough of that. Had some delicious single-malt Scotch, and Dad made a Rib Roast that was delectably amazing! The vegetable casserole was perfect, too. Munchies galore... had a great Christmas with most of the family. Hope you all had an amazing Christmas as well!

edited December 1969

Merry Christmas from Aiko Elf!

X-Mas_Aiko_copy.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 1M