Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,156

Thnk you Hansmar.

• papayapapaya Posts: 27

Horo and Mermaid, I love the landscapes you both posted on the last page! Absolutely gorgeous views - the serene lake in Horo's and the mysterious obelisk rising from the surface in Mermaid's. and Horo's abstract piece too, like the inside of a disco ball!

nervously breaking my lurking to post a couple of renders I've made as part of a self-imposed challenge to force myself to learn Bryce by creating a new render every day this month. Already three weeks in, for the sake of not clogging the thread I've put the rest in an off-site album here: https://imgur.com/a/CtWdjrv (hope that works!). I know there's definitely a myriad of problems with a lot of these (for example, the random radial light in the cavern scene), I have all the files saved so maybe once the month is up I'll go back and give some of them the refining they deserve...

2003c.png
    1600 x 825 - 1M
    1503a.png
    1200 x 619 - 913K
    edited March 2021

papatulus - welcome to this Bryce forum. The two renders look very nice, the first is funny. I also had a look at your other examples (yes, the link works). You do a great job. Of course, there are yet a few things to learn but you are definitely on your way. Do not hesitate to ask questions, we are all here to help and learn from the others.

A terrain and an inverted one above with different materials, five radials with a ranged gradient, an HDRI to give the foreground rocks some green, a mirror at the end to double the length, a bit sunlight through the mirror and a lot of haze.

Exit Ahead

ExitAhead.jpg
    1200 x 765 - 132K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Papatulus: Welcome! Nice first render. The second one is very interesting with the big crystals and the shiny material, well done.

Horo: Great cave render. Good idea to use a terrain upside down.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,032

Papatulus - Welcome to the forum, both your renders nice,  even those on the site you linked, well done, hope to see more of your work.

Horo - Excellent cave, the lighting is very nice

Thank you Horo, Hansmar and Mermaid for the warm welcome! Hopefully I'll have a lot more to post in future too.

and Horo, I love the effect of the inverted terrain! The light at the end of the tunnel almost makes it look like I'm looking upwards from the bottom of a very deep canyon.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,112

papatulus : welcome to the forum, very interesting renders you made, also those on the link. Very good start.

Horo : Excellent very well lighted cave render.

Thank you Hansmar, mermaid, papatulus and adbc.

edited March 2021

Two views of S Island from the Hi-Res set 3, the ship and dolphin are freebies. Lighting for the 2nd one is from the Terrain Stacking set.

ds1.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 782K
    ds3-stacking.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 917K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited March 2021

mermaid : both views of the island are very well done, beautiful skies as well.

The city : another Herminio Nieves item added to a simple Bryce scene.

the city.jpg
    860 x 508 - 68K
    Post edited by adbc on

mermaid - two great examples with the S island. I like the dolphin in the first, looks like some sort of a tower. For the second I'm not sure, it makes the island appear very small. Both skies fit the scene well and the water came out very good in both.

adbc - nicely done, looks like early morning from the light and the sky emphasizes this impression.

Mermaid, both of these views are really nice - I can see what Horo means with the second making the island appear small (or the dolphin statue really big, perhaps?), but to me it's fun to see how a different view can drastically change the sense of scale. 

adbc, I really like the lighting in this one.

Horo, papatulus : thank you.

edited March 2021

A terrain from Gritstone Hills with a material from High Resolution Terrains 4. In front of the sun a Streaming Ray Effect from Environments - Inclement Weather, sky and ambient light by an HDRI.

Sloped

Sloped.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 280K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited March 2021

Adbc - thanks for the comment, you always present Herminio Nieves models in very, lovely render.

Horo - thanks for the feedback, I was also surprised that just changing the camera view,  distorts the image somewhat, same terrain size, same dolphin size just another view, papatulus puts it nicely "change the sense of scale".

Another beautiful render, lovely the rays.

papatulus - thanks for your comment.

edited March 2021

mermaid : thank you.

Horo : Your terrain landscapes are always excellent, the streaming ray effect is awesome.

Less spectacular : An alien scene.

Alienscape_7.jpg
    800 x 450 - 77K
    Post edited by adbc on

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Oh I wouldn't say you scene is less spectacular. In fact, I like what you did very much, fascinating plants or creatures, great sky.

Adbc - wow another outstanding render, it's fantastic, the plants and creatures are awesome.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 849
    edited March 2021

A lot of wonderful images!

Another image with one of RajRaja's Skies. What the sky is spectacular, the landscape is not.

Simple Landscape

SimpleLandscape.jpg
    1500 x 748 - 564K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,860

Papatulus, I had a look at all your images. I'm impressed.  Much better than my first images.  I enjoyed the fun of the cow and paint image and I think the the cavern is good.  That image could be a shot from one of my adventure games.

Horo, love the lighting on the gorgeous landscape.  The second terrain is so interesting.  I like that it looks to have roadways in it (or spillways?)

Mermaid, lovely landscapes.  The clouds in the second one are awesome.

adbc, excellent plant life.  I started modeling some crazy plant life but never finished.  Your image makes me want to finish them up.

Electro-Elvis, a serene scene.  The sky is the star of the show and it works well against the sprawling greenery.

Horo, mermaid, Electro-Elvis, NGartplay : thank you.

Electro-Elvis : Great scene, awesome sky, beautiful landscape.

Electro-Elvis - nice sky, I like the ides with the overland lines - though they are a bit stretched, ought to have a bit overhang devil

NGartplay - thank you.

• @NGartplay, adbc, Horo: Thank you very much.
    @Horo: Fully agree with the overhang. First I tried to achive this, by using a very thin torus (shaping with boolean operations). But I struggled to place it correctly at the telegraph pole and it was not thin enough, too. Therefore I used cylinders for the wires.

Electro-Elvis - beautiful peaceful scene, awesome sky

Elektro-Elvis - metaballs are also an option. I once made a cable or hose but it is a bit of a challenge (see https://www.horo.ch/nibor/rr05/h05.html v.03) and here is a Mini Tutorial (by David) How to create flexible pipes (September 2005): https://horo.ch/raytracing/tuts/pdf/minitut10_en.pdf (and if you change _en by _de it is even in German).

edited March 2021

A terrain from Gritstone Hills, as above but rendered with a modified Specular Method. There is only white specular with max halo. Specularity from the WhiteSphere HDRI, the dark parts by negative sun specularity, the clouds are Bryce cumulus.

SlopedSN

At left rendered with the standard Specular Method, i.e. without negative specular by the sun. It looks a bit flat. A right strong sharpened and contrast enhanced in post.

SlopedSRP

SlopedSN.jpg
    1200 x 795 - 241K
    SlopedSRP.jpg
    1200 x 398 - 150K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,764

Electro-Elvis. Your render is indeed very serene. It looked familiar to me, see https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1329341/#Comment_1329341. I think I made the lines with Hexagon and just copied them multiple times.

Horo,  Wonderful terrain renders again. I specifically like the modified Specular Method one. I recently acquired the gritstone hills and will start working with them soon, I hope.

adbc, beautiful alien scene. Looks like a lot of weird plants. Or maybe skeletons?

Horo : awesome terrain renders, the modified specular method has also my preference.

Hansmar : thank you. Some are plants others are "creatures".

edited March 2021

Horo - another interesting render, I agree with the others on the modified specular method.

An abstract I started years ago in Bryce 5.5 but did not complete. In those days I used the Director’s view - 1 sphere, 2 cubes and 4 tori. I used materials from S Ray’s Strange Objects and from Hubert’s examples to complete it. The 2nd is perspective view.

colorburst.jpg
    600 x 600 - 357K
    colorburst-persview.jpg
    600 x 600 - 187K
  • NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,860

Horo, fabulous look with this terrain.  The monotone is so modern, could be framed.

Mermaid010, lovely abstract.  The colors are so pretty.  It is interesting to see the form from the outside.

This discussion has been closed.