Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,128

Thank you Hansmar.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,757
    edited April 2021

A terrain, heightmap made outside of Bryce, modified in the terrain editor. A texture from Gritstone hills (modified). Modified sky from a preset, but which one I forgot, unfortunately. I thought the scene needed some Trolls and I also added some of JudyK's primeval trees.

Title: Their natural habitat.

Trolls.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,103
    edited April 2021

Hansmar : Outstanding image, awesome atmosphere.

A new scene, mostly Bryce, the trees are free objects from the net.

The second one is a simple Easter scene, the rabbit is a free object from sketchfab by Patrickart textured in Bryce.

Happy Easter everyone !

prehistoric fantasy 8.jpg
    1116 x 518 - 127K
    easter 4.jpg
    677 x 800 - 125K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,003

Hansmar -superb render, the materials and lighting are perfect.

Adbc - two lovely images, the bunny is so cute.

mermaid : thank you.

adbc: thanks. Your first one is very nice. specifically the weird rocks. The second one is just cute.

Mermaid: thanks.

edited April 2021

Hansmar - very well done scene with the trolls, looks strange but nevertheless perfectly right.

adbc - the scene with the rocks looks great and the bunny is, of course, very funny. Also the tree with the blossems fits nicely in the scene.

Double stacked terrain from Gritstone Hills with materials from the HR Terrains 1. At left the CylinderTower1 by Steve Ray, in the distance a self made lighthouse. HDRI for the ambient light and clouds from the SkyToolbox (from bryce-tutorials).

Lone Cove (Sun)

The night view uses a Dome Light instead of the HDRI and a blue filter in front of the clouds. The light beam is a Spot Light as Visible Volume Object with Infinite Light. I never managed to make that work in Bryce 7 so i copied one I had made in Bryce 5 (Nibor) and it worked in Bryce 7. BUT! As soon as an HDRI is used, the visible beam disappears. Once I figured this out and replaced the HDRI by a Dome Light, it worked. Then I put a Radial into CylinderTower1, the beam disappeared again. Now there are two cylinders with the Material Option Light and the beam re-appeared. I checked the Visible Volume Spot Light in an empty scene. The moment an HDRI or a Spot was added, the beam disappeared.

Lone Cove (Moon)

I tested with Bryce 6.3 and the moment I use an HDRI, the beam disappears. If I disable the HDRI, it comes back. But at least several additional Radials can be added and the beam remains, also a second spot light beam an be added to the scene and there are two. In Bryce 7.1, only one single such spot light beam can be used. Add a second and there are no beams anymore, even if one is set to hidden. The first beam appears when the second is deleted. So it apears there's a bug...

LoneCoveSun.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 231K
    LoneCoveMoon.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 74K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo-  two beautiful renders. Interesting experiments, thanks for sharing now, we know the cause if the beams disappear.

edited April 2021

Hansmar : thanks.

Horo : thank you.

Two beautiful landscapes, great experiment with the beams.

Post edited by adbc on

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

edited April 2021

The “C” Island from the High Resolution set 3, lit by an Hdri from the Sky Toolbox https://www.bryce-tutorials.info/shop/bryce-7-1-pro-sky-toolbox/

dc3-skytoolbox.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 540K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - nicely done, cool place to take a swim in this weather.

mermaid : this is a really beautiful image, the sand on the shore is awesome.

Thanks Horo and Adbc

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Absolute wonderful renders everyone!

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 846
    edited April 2021

I played around with the DTE a bit and tried to create a mountaines material. DTE is really a large and broad area :-D

DTE_Test1.jpg
    933 x 700 - 452K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited April 2021

Electro-Elvis - good start. Indeed, the DTE is the heart of Bryce. And then combine the textures in the A, B and C channels of the Mat Lab. In earlier years I worked with sound, analogue synthesizers and I find the working of the DTE quite similar. I was very enthusiastic playing around with it until I discovered that there are three dimensions, not just one as in sound and I got mostly lost. There are so many variables, not just in the DTE but in combination with the Mat Lab, the object getting the material, the size, the light, the orientation. Nevertheless, great results can be obtained with patience and often also by chance. Keep it up!

Post edited by Horo on
    edited April 2021

Horo, Very good scene and useful experiments.

mermaid: great view of that bay.

Electro-Elvis. Nice work. Yes, there are multitudes of options in the DTE. And it is clear that Horo and David already tested lots of options.

Post edited by Hansmar on

Thank you Hansmar.

Electro-Elvis - nice material, the lighting is good.

Hansmar - thanks

Electro-Elvis : very nice experiment.

edited April 2021

The lander I found years ago on the Internet. The terrain is from Gritstone Hills and the material from the High Resolution Terrains 4 set. The sky from Deep Sky HDRI 2 and the Space Construction Kit. The Moon, rocket flames and rising sand are self made and there are a tiny bit of soft cumulus clouds.

Landing

Landing.jpg
    1200 x 690 - 177K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow absolutely superb Horo

Wow absolutely superb Horo

edited April 2021

Horo : I second the wow !

Post edited by adbc on

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

Once again, I used a PS heightmap, modified in the TE, the material and lighting are from Terrain Stacking. I call this Rose Delta.

rosedelta1.jpg
    562 x 750 - 404K
    rosedelta2.jpg
    900 x 450 - 339K
    edited April 2021

mermaid - that terrain looks great. Two very nice renders, I cannot decide which one I like better.

A moor landscape in the rain - in a Fading Mirror Box. The weather is not very encouraging to take a stroll.

Moor in Rain

MoorInRain.jpg
    1200 x 780 - 230K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • papayapapaya Posts: 27

Hansmar- really cool render, the sky in particular is pretty.

adbc - both of your renders here are fantastic, the bunny looks absolutely overjoyed to be there! It's adorable

Horo - it's a shame the lighthouse beam doesn't work cleanly in 7.1 because it's a cool effect; the lone lighthouse guarding the coast, in the nighttime shot it has a very eerie vibe. Your sci-fi scene is also incredible!

Electro-Elvis - nice render! texture definitely has that mountainous look. The DTE is so intimidating to me, I've not messed around with it too much yet, but as can be seen from your image you can do so much with it.

mermaid010 - both of your islands here are great! I really love how the rose delta looks, in the wider shot especially.

My render here is an idea I had for a little while that I wanted to make just to see if I could. Was originally gonna be chess.. but I'm a lot better at draughts (and this way I don't have to find any chesspiece models, hah). The thing bothering me the most is the noticeable seam on the hourglass's glass, but I'm not sure if there's an easy way to fix it?

2703ae.png
    1800 x 772 - 715K

Horo, Two nice landscapes. I think I'd rather walk in the moors in the rain than in the space scene.

Mermaid, your selfmade landscape looks very good in both renders.

Papatulus, Thank you. Very nice render of checkers.

This discussion has been closed.