A Day in the Year of a Life - Gallery

Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited February 2016

Thank you Sonja & Saphirewild for the comments.

Post edited by FirstBastion on
    edited September 2023

Urban Infiltration

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited February 2016

Urban Infiltration

What part of "Fall Back!" didn't he get?

Post edited by Etrigan on
    edited June 2016

Looking for evidence.

majesticaeron-800-1stbastion.jpg
    800 x 433 - 436K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Long Walk For Work\

This is a very elegant render.

Great renders...I really liked this one also which I found surprising as I don't normally like stark...but this is really nice with a great use of reflections.

edited February 2016

Up Close Hockey

Not a render  but definitely a Day in the Year of a Life moment... won Platinum tickets in a raffle,  great seats against the boards,  a life experience moment for my son.  And I own the copyright to the photo.  Toronto Maple Leafs vs. NewYork Rangers Feb18

TorontoML-NYR-hockey.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 752K
    edited February 2016

The Audience Knows What I'm Talking About

Audienceunderstand_1stBastion.jpg
    800 x 764 - 251K

Up Close Hockey

Not a render  but definitely a Day in the Year of a Life moment... won Platinum tickets in a raffle,  great seats against the boards,  a life experience moment for my son.  And I own the copyright to the photo.  Toronto Maple Leafs vs. NewYork Rangers Feb18

Well, you just can't beat that!  Well, I suppose it could be better if you were rooting for the Maple Leafs.  I looked up the final score.  But, even if you were, it is still something great to have as a memory.  laugh  Not sure which side of the border you are on.  I used to live on the NY side about 3 hours from Toronto so I imagine it wouldn't be much of a drive if you were a Rangers fan and are on the US side of the border and lived close.  Congrats on the tickets and the experience of sharing with your son.  I'll bet you both remember that when you are old and grey.

edited February 2016

Well, you just can't beat that!  Well, I suppose it could be better if you were rooting for the Maple Leafs.  I looked up the final score.  But, even if you were, it is still something great to have as a memory.  laugh  Not sure which side of the border you are on.  I used to live on the NY side about 3 hours from Toronto so I imagine it wouldn't be much of a drive if you were a Rangers fan and are on the US side of the border and lived close.  Congrats on the tickets and the experience of sharing with your son.  I'll bet you both remember that when you are old and grey.

It's tough to be a fan after so many abysmal seasons,  but we're Torontonians,  so we just hopped on the subway down to the AirCanadaCentre.  It was a pretty close game up to the last 3minutes.  And then it hit the skids.  Still fun to watch and experience.  The Ranger's goalie Raanta,  put on a great show,  Toronto had over 36 shots on goal,  twice what the Rangers had,  and he stopped most of them.  It's a good memory.  My son said he wants to go again;  we'll probably have to be up the 300 level nose bleed seats next time though.  We'll still have fun.  smiley

• Well, you just can't beat that!  Well, I suppose it could be better if you were rooting for the Maple Leafs.  I looked up the final score.  But, even if you were, it is still something great to have as a memory.  laugh  Not sure which side of the border you are on.  I used to live on the NY side about 3 hours from Toronto so I imagine it wouldn't be much of a drive if you were a Rangers fan and are on the US side of the border and lived close.  Congrats on the tickets and the experience of sharing with your son.  I'll bet you both remember that when you are old and grey.

It's tough to be a fan after so many abysmal seasons,  but we're Torontonians,  so we just hopped on the subway down to the AirCanadaCentre.  It was a pretty close game up to the last 3minutes.  And then it hit the skids.  Still fun to watch and experience.  The Ranger's goalie Raanta,  put on a great show,  Toronto had over 36 shots on goal,  twice what the Rangers had,  and he stopped most of them.  It's a good memory.  My son said he wants to go again;  we'll probably have to be up the 300 level nose bleed seats next time though.  We'll still have fun.  smiley

Ah, that is one thing I miss about living in Upstate NY, Tornonto.  We had to go at least once every other year as my husband was born in Canada and still has a lots of fond memories of Toronto.  Although, there were a few years that we actually made it twice.  It was fun showing the kids his old hangouts.  Now, we are too far away unless we want to fly in.  My boys love the subways.  We weren't paying attention to the calendar one year when we had my sister's kids with us one summer, though, and visited downtown Toronto in the middle of the Gay Pride Parade.  They certainly got a shock that day.  They just don't have those in Kentucky where they were living at the time.  My favorite part of downtown though are all the shops in the PATH especially this one great little place with the best pastries.

It is good your son had fun.  Not a fan of the nose bleed sections, but you guys could still make it a great day even way up there if you manage to go again! I haven't watched hockey in a long time, but the goalies were always my favorite player to watch.  It is amazing some of the things they manage to do to keep that puck out of the goal.  laugh

• No shortage of outdoor festivals during the summer month.  It's a very diverse city with lots of stories to tell.  and PATH definitely comes in handy for the four months of winter too,  it is like a long endless mall with multiple food courts and the easiest way through the downtown core without getting your feet soaked from the slush.  And it continues to expand with each new tower development that sprouts up.  Give a quick hello to the fellow Canadian.

• Done! laugh

edited March 2016

Love Unexpected

Loveunexpected-1stBastion.jpg
    1018 x 1536 - 536K
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Nice! I like the scene but as well the style!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It looks nice, FB.  It looks almost like a painting.  Some things have that almost smudged, brush like appearance.  Somehow I get the impression she is more into the unexpected love that he is. cheeky

It looks nice, FB.  It looks almost like a painting.  Some things have that almost smudged, brush like appearance.  Somehow I get the impression she is more into the unexpected love that he is. cheeky

I think he's in the "deer in headlights" transition phase.  Didn't even have a clue in it was a possibility. 

Gave a bit more of a description in the gallery post.  http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/109427

"The young Queen was not supposed to fall in love with the rogue protecting her. "

yes Checked out your gallery link!

edited March 2016

Trekking South

TrekkingSouth-1stBastion.jpg
    800 x 1040 - 616K
    edited March 2016

"As The Wind Picks Up"

1stbastionsail.jpg
    800 x 1317 - 242K

Nice renders, FB! I like both, but I really like what you did with the sailboat! Nice reflections on the water and the wind in her hair looks great!

Really like the sailboat too.  Got give credit to outoftouch's Christina Hair,  it has some great wind movement morphs. 

edited March 2016

The Things You Can't Fix

thingsyoucantfix.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 493K
    edited March 2016

Serene Solitude

serenelakeiray.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 333K
    edited March 2016

Lost In Nature

lostnature.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 569K

FB! That last one is a very cool image!  It took me a minute or two to figure out what you had done.  I couldn't figure out, at first, why there was this strange shape that seemed to just be floating in air in front of your figure.  Then I figured out it was an artist easel.  It kind of blended in really well.  Then, I saw the image on the easel and compared that to your scene.  I love that detail.  I think your attention to details is one of the reasons you are so good at what you do.  Very nice!

edited April 2016

Six Simple Portraits

fb_sixportraits-800.jpg
    800 x 1548 - 397K
    edited April 2016

Sent to Investigate

spacecorridor-sketch-1stBastion.jpg
    1200 x 576 - 300K
    edited April 2016

Running Free

wolvesrunningfree-1stB.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 341K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

I love the painterly (is that a word?) feel in the wolves image.  It has such beautfiul, vibrant colours that benefit from this effect.

Your Sent To Investigate image has a pen and ink feel I also love.  There are some great textures and pops of colour.  The lighting is great.

I agree with Kismet.  I love these latest images, FB!  Although, I have to say, as much as I love Running Free, I think the Sent to Investigate is my favorite!  Very nicely done and I'm amazed that the lighting still holds up with that type of effect.  It looks really nice.