A Day in the Year of a Life - Gallery

Comments

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    edited April 2016

I agree with Kismet.  I love these latest images, FB!  Although, I have to say, as much as I love Running Free, I think the Sent to Investigate is my favorite!  Very nicely done and I'm amazed that the lighting still holds up with that type of effect.  It looks really nice.

Seconded. I love this one too. It's got a real Syd Mead look to it (but colorized). Syd Mead created concept drawings for such movies as 2010, Aliens, and Elysium; to name but a few.

Post edited by Etrigan on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,325
    edited August 2016

Walk Along the Quiet Path

walkalongthequietpathy.jpg
    800 x 604 - 448K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW is all can say about all your breathtaking renders FB!!! You do such amazing rendering!!!!

• Very nice!

Thank you all for the kind words. 

Your very welcome but it is the truth FB your simply amazing at rendering just the perfect scenes!!!

edited October 2016

"Wait, I heard something!"

waitIheardsomething-1stBastion.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 352K
    edited November 2016

Just before opening.

Amazing renders FB!! Just like looking at a photo!!!

• That is nicely done!  I love the hockey game going on the TV!  The picture is too small for my eyes to tell, but is one of those teams the Maple Leafs? They've had some good games in the last few weeks.  You guys have some killer players this year.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Just catching up.  Lots of great stuff!  I'd love to know what exactly she heard given the vehicle she is travelling in....

•  

Thanks I'm thinking I'm finally getting a handle on iray.  there's atleast 35 lights in the scene which help give it the realistic complexity. 

That is nicely done!  I love the hockey game going on the TV!  The picture is too small for my eyes to tell, but is one of those teams the Maple Leafs? They've had some good games in the last few weeks.  You guys have some killer players this year.

The hockey pics are from that same game back in February,  Toronto vs Rangers,  I took lots of photos that night,  don't know if we'll ever get seats like that again,  so felt it needed documenting.  I added the highlights texts. 

This could be the year for the Leafs.  Hope springs eternal especially in Toronto.  Fans hope.  It's been a long drought.  1967 since the last Stanleycup win.   But if the Cubs can win the World Series,  anythings possible. 

I'd love to know what exactly she heard given the vehicle she is travelling in....

My thinking was,  that the path is actually quite narrow and she was outfront scouting for hidden obstacles,  so she heard something,  probably an ambush from a rival group of survivors maybe? 

•  

The hockey pics are from that same game back in February,  Toronto vs Rangers,  I took lots of photos that night,  don't know if we'll ever get seats like that again,  so felt it needed documenting.  I added the highlights texts. 

This could be the year for the Leafs.  Hope springs eternal especially in Toronto.  Fans hope.  It's been a long drought.  1967 since the last Stanleycup win.   But if the Cubs can win the World Series,  anythings possible. 

Ah, I remember that!  You and your son went, yes?  Yes, it definitely needed documenting!  I love how it turned out. Great use of one of your pictures.   :)

Thanks I'm thinking I'm finally getting a handle on iray.  there's atleast 35 lights in the scene which help give it the realistic complexity. 

That is nicely done!  I love the hockey game going on the TV!  The picture is too small for my eyes to tell, but is one of those teams the Maple Leafs? They've had some good games in the last few weeks.  You guys have some killer players this year.

I'd love to know what exactly she heard given the vehicle she is travelling in....

My thinking was,  that the path is actually quite narrow and she was outfront scouting for hidden obstacles,  so she heard something,  probably an ambush from a rival group of survivors maybe? 

Hmmm.. sounds like a story...

Urban Infiltration

Great feeling of movement in this one.

edited November 2016

Glimpse of a Faded Memory

glimpsefadedmemory.jpg
    1150 x 650 - 469K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Very vintage, and I love the hot air balloon. Nice touch! Reminds me of our family vacations when we did a cross country from the Midwest to West coast.

edited November 2016

I remember seeing airballoons every weekend in those days,  probably less stringent regulations.  Aside from the dune buggy at the beach back in the day,  all that's missing is one of those 70's "Keep on Vannin' " vans with the airbrushed fantasy  art on the side panels.  I would have dropped one into the shot if I had one.  It's interesting what we remember from our youth. 

• Glimpse of a Faded Memory 

Yeah, that brings back memories!  :)  Nicely done.  

edited November 2016

Renaissance Revisited

1stbastion-overlooker.jpg
    1100 x 880 - 487K

Renaissance Revisited

Really like the feel of this one!

edited December 2016

Skyward

1stbastion-skyward-bayscrapers.jpg
    800 x 519 - 235K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Love the camera angles on those. Makes me feel like I am right there!

• I love the NPR look of both of these two newer ones.  Great camera angles on both, too.  Very nice.

• Thanks.  Skyward was originally a photograph,  but the filter turned it into something interesting.   It's the Bay Adelaide Centre if anyone knows Toronto.

• It's been awhile, but I remember going by there once or twice.  I don't remember seeing that archway.  But the two office buildings there look very familiar.  There's a tower near the station at Yonge and Adelaide, I think?  I might be getting things mixed up, though.  It's connected to the PATH, isn't it?  We used to go down Yonge street a lot when we would visit Toronto.  Lots of times when we took family to visit Toronto when they came to stay, we usually ended up at the CN tower, though, so they could go up to the top and look down.  I never went up there because there was no way I was going into a building that high up and looking down on a glass floor.  No thank you!  I usually enjoyed myself on firm ground.  I think that is on Front Street, maybe?  Not too far from the Bay Adelaide Center.

Somewhere in there was this old shop my husband loved to visit where you could buy almost any electronic and computer parts real cheap.  It was practically floor to ceiling of bins to pick through to find what you wanted.  There was a huge book store I loved to visit in that area, too.  Books a Million or something like that?  The memory is getting fuzzy and it has been a long time since I've been to Toronto.  There was also this great record store where I found Celine Dion CDs in French when she was first starting out and hadn't done an English album yet.  I don't remember the name of that store either, but it's probably long gone.  Book stores are becoming obsolete, too, so that book store might be gone.  I loved adding to my collection of French language books from there.  I do remember that everything was in walking distance and we would walk all over the place.  We were usually exhausted by the time we took the train back out to where our hotel was.

We really should have visited Toronto at least one more time before moving all the way to Florida.  :)

• It's been awhile, but I remember going by there once or twice.  I don't remember seeing that archway.  But the two office buildings there look very familiar.  There's a tower near the station at Yonge and Adelaide, I think?  I might be getting things mixed up, though.  It's connected to the PATH, isn't it?  We used to go down Yonge street a lot when we would visit Toronto.  Lots of times when we took family to visit Toronto when they came to stay, we usually ended up at the CN tower, though, so they could go up to the top and look down.  I never went up there because there was no way I was going into a building that high up and looking down on a glass floor.  No thank you!  I usually enjoyed myself on firm ground.  I think that is on Front Street, maybe?  Not too far from the Bay Adelaide Center.

PATH is great,  especially on the hottest days of the summer (airconditioning)  and the dead of winter (heat and no slush)  the way it connects the various towers of the downtown together really is inspired for a northern city like Toronto. The CN tower is pretty awesome too.  That glass floor is a little spooky,  even more so when it's crowded with people, and your walking aorund and then realize your standing on it when you look down.  They have an attraction up there now where you can walk on the outside roof right at the edge,  with a safety harness.  Gotta draw the line there.   After you mentioned not remembering seeing the arch,  I did figure I should double check given my memory isn't what it used to be. That archway is at Bay and Wellington,  so a couple blocks south of Adelaide,  the entrance to BCE place.  Thank you for pointing it out.    And directly across the street that jagged edge builing is the Royak Bank Plaza. 

There used to be an excellent bookstore in Toronto called,  get ready for it,  "The World's Biggest Book Store"  it's torn down now,   making way for another condo. We have no shortage of those.   Real shame.  It was massive.  Times are changing. 

BCEplace-Baystreet.jpg
    435 x 858 - 186K
    450px-Royal_Bank_Plaza_from_north-east.jpg
    450 x 600 - 68K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited December 2016

It's been awhile, but I remember going by there once or twice.  I don't remember seeing that archway.  But the two office buildings there look very familiar.  There's a tower near the station at Yonge and Adelaide, I think?  I might be getting things mixed up, though.  It's connected to the PATH, isn't it?  We used to go down Yonge street a lot when we would visit Toronto.  Lots of times when we took family to visit Toronto when they came to stay, we usually ended up at the CN tower, though, so they could go up to the top and look down.  I never went up there because there was no way I was going into a building that high up and looking down on a glass floor.  No thank you!  I usually enjoyed myself on firm ground.  I think that is on Front Street, maybe?  Not too far from the Bay Adelaide Center.

PATH is great,  especially on the hottest days of the summer (airconditioning)  and the dead of winter (heat and no slush)  the way it connects the various towers of the downtown together really is inspired for a northern city like Toronto. The CN tower is pretty awesome too.  That glass floor is a little spooky,  even more so when it's crowded with people, and your walking aorund and then realize your standing on it when you look down.  They have an attraction up there now where you can walk on the outside roof right at the edge,  with a safety harness.  Gotta draw the line there.   After you mentioned not remembering seeing the arch,  I did figure I should double check given my memory isn't what it used to be. That archway is at Bay and Wellington,  so a couple blocks south of Adelaide,  the entrance to BCE place.  Thank you for pointing it out.    And directly across the street that jagged edge builing is the Royak Bank Plaza. 

There used to be an excellent bookstore in Toronto called,  get ready for it,  "The World's Biggest Book Store"  it's torn down now,   making way for another condo. We have no shortage of those.   Real shame.  It was massive.  Times are changing. 

Ah, that's the name of the store!  I couldn't remember the name.  Ah, one would think I could remember a name like that!  :)  I'm kind of sad to hear that it got torn down, but I'm not surprised.  No one goes to actual bookstores much anymore.  Even me.  I do most of my book shopping online since I got a Kindle.  I'm not sure if we made it down towards Bay and Wellington, but it's possible.  After a few hours of walking around Toronto, it tends to start to blur a little bit.  And, as I said, it's been quite a few years since we managed to make there.  Before the boys came along, we made it almost every summer.  After, well, we managed a few years.  The boys love subways so riding the trains and subway in and around Toronto was always the bigger thrill for them.

edit to add:  My husband says the name of the record store we went to was called Sam the Recordman.  He thinks it might be gone now, too. 

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
    edited December 2016

Tell your husband they have saved those signs,  they were massive neon records. (haven't figured out a display solution for them yet)   Most of that block was redeveloped into a mall,  with a multi screen theater,  the Ryerson Polytechnical,  expanded into that same complex when it evolved into a University.  There's a BestBuy location there now too,  with the widest selection of music and DVDs in the city,  just like Sam the Recordman used to have back in the day.   There is talk that the signs might be placed up on the roof at Ryerson.

300px-WikiSam_the_Record_Man.jpg
    300 x 283 - 29K
  • Ah, boy that brings back memories!  I had never seen anything like that before.  I was always amazed when I went inside that they managed to pack so many records and CDs in that place.  :)