Genesis 8 in Carrara

124»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,234
    edited April 2021

I not only save all of my character, animals, vehicles, environments and props to my Carrara browser, but I also preach about what a great idea it is - real time saver.

It's amazing how many gigabytes I have in my browser only of various versions of Rosie along the way. Early, early versions of 4th gen Rosie are so much cuter than the versions she evolved into by the time I started my Daz Gallery. I look at those now and wonder how I wreched her so badly - and never even noticed! 

I did a bit of a flushing a while back, but only after backing everything up on an unused hard drive.

Right now I have an incredible amount of gigabytes used up just on various versions of Rosie 5.

Silene mentioned, I believe in my Ten Years After thread, that she really liked Rosie's big eyes at a time after I started using a version with much less stylized, more normal sized eyes. After a tiny bit of thought, I went back to using the larger eyes, because I like them too. She's adorable that way!

Oh poo... I'm waaaay off topis here. Well... except that I also have some space used up on a Rosie Wr8th as well! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Hmmm... she may have not even used the Kink tool, but just brushed them back into themselves with plenty of segments. I remember doing that too. Just FYI

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969
    edited April 2021

Dart,  Eyes are the windows of the soul!!  THanks for tip on pointing to a specific post... CRS.

As to Naomi's hair: I wonder if she used a Wacom pad or a touchscreen with a stylus?  Does anyone know where Naomi displays her art now, as I would love to see if she'd post a tutorial about it. I'd even do a PP donation for it as it would really be that useful. To use non-Carrara hair can be really file size hungry, especially the newer long and complicated ones. Carrara hair is one of the reasons I stick to Carrara... though I have used fibre brushes in Zbrush, but that's just for clothing items and I still suck at it.  Sorry for all typos... fed up with eyes. Does not matter how big a magnify the page.

indecision  Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

Maybe send her a PM? Not advertising the spamming of artists, but....

Also to consider, I've watched JonStark's Dynamic Hair Tutorials all the way through, and then watched them again a few more times - each time seeing things that I was forgetting in practice. It's a really great series.

That said, I've learned that, using JonStark's methods of changing brush size and strength along with where on the guide hair it affects, we can really do some cool things with very little effort, really.

For those short braid-making hairs, I'd comb that back slightly and then put a slight back-brush at the end of my stroke to kink them back toward the scalp a bit. When I did this with some of the versions I was working on for Rosie, I could see that the first few times of doing things like this didn't turn out quite right (because they began as accidental mishaps!) so I'd practive the technique. Undo does work on what we do in dynamic hair's model room, so it's pretty fun to just set up practice sessions.

In case you don't have it already, here's the playlist I made of JonStark's Dynamic Hair tutorial series (with his permission, of course)

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

I've been playing with Mistys G8F for Carrara preset Veronica.  How does one get the eyelashes to show.  I'm sure it's been discussed before but I can't find a solution.  I've tried the usual method of conveting to blended weight and saving as a subset in DazStudio,  and they do load into Carrara but they are invisible.  I check in the modeling room and I can't see them there either except when I go into animation mode of the Modeling room, there they are.  And the morph sliders function as well.  But why don't the show up in the Assembly Room?  I'm hoping someone knows of a work around

Somewhere, here in the Carrara forum, someone donated Carrara Hair eyelashes

Thank you Dart, somehow I knew you'd come thru

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,927

@Mistara seconding everybody else's comments.

Hope you are well and resting.

• I often style updos with Carrara dynamic hairs pulled into the scalp on the end.

obviously you don't simulate them though wink

edited November 2021

I think I may have found another soloution for those G8F eyelashes. After converting them to blended weight and saving as a scene subset in DazStudio,  clear the scene and load the subset lashes and without doing anything else, save them as a character preset, and use that in Carrara

edit:  they only show up at render, but it works for me

Lashes2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 71K
    Post edited by ProPose on

ProPose said:

I think I may have found another soloution for those G8F eyelashes. After converting them to blended weight and saving as a scene subset in DazStudio,  clear the scene and load the subset lashes and without doing anything else, save them as a character preset, and use that in Carrara

edit:  they only show up at render, but it works for me

Fantastic!

Another "Shamantic Dance".  Love that phrase by UnifiedBrain.  My Toe Fix for Victoria 8 via Mistys preset for Genesis 8 Female.  This is an Anatomically correct version of V8 with the Gens, Lashes and Fiber Brows (included in the V8 Pro Bundle) merged into one complete figure. My first attempt didn't fix the toe issue, but after some creative dancing, I found a solution.

Surprise.JPG
    1917 x 1052 - 202K
    Toes fixed.JPG
    1921 x 1047 - 187K