Contest and challenge: Spinning "Sci-Fi Aiko"

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

I'm keeping closer to the intent of the contest by using the genuine Aiko 3 and most of the other elements from the free "Anime Star Fighter" set. Specific items are...

Aiko 3
    Mecha Girl outfit (sans boots for, well, obvious reasons)
    Mitsu Hair (with a custom magnet to make the "crown" fuller)
    Stinger spacecraft

Additional elements include...

Kioki morphs by Beth Capsces (to get the feline face)
    Cattitude textures by Daio (based upon the fur pattern of her favorite cat, Mimi)
    Kasa II by Anchronicity (unreleased followup to the earlier item to depict digitigrade paw-like feet)
    VersaTail by Anchronicity (a tail figure with several genus motifs)
    SA Solo gun (prop from the "retired" Sanctum Arts product for V2)
    Twister sky prop by AntFarm (love the dramatically stormy appearance)
    Retro Dress add-on pack by Oshikai (for the digitigrade leggings)
    0009 Uniform (for the jacket)

Sincerely,

Bill

A3-Contest-J-2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 155K
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What's better than a cute girl with a BFG?

A cute cat-girl with a BFG...

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    That's enough singing Mr Bieber!

A3 got taste!

Edit: rerender with motion blur.

Whoa, Totte! what do you have against the Biebs? (Apart from the blindingly obvious, that is. ;-P )

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,800
    edited December 1969

Great idea for a contest! I got a little carried away with it so this image is a bit bigger than I usually post. Since the concept was a movie poster, the original ended up being a whopping 40” X 60” (3840 X 5760) composite built from five separate renders with the largest being 3000 X 3882 (31.25” X 40.438”) and most of the others running 2000 X 2000. Ironically, I started this with the idea of spotlighting some of my new Teen Jayden acquisitions, but when it quickly became clear that the Young Teens were better suited for the subject, it ended being all Gen 5 figures. That said, some of Jayden’s clothes did make the cut thanks to Sickleyield’s clone figure. Photoshop CS6 used to stitch it all together, add text and graphic elements and some very minimal touch-up to fix some poke thru and mesh stretching on the red-headed girl in the central image, but otherwise this is pretty much how each image looked straight out of DS 4.6.

DAZ_Wares_Poster.jpg
    1333 x 2000 - 1M
    edited December 1969

For those interested, here are the five renders used for the poster image above. Guess which one took the longest to render? (Yes, it was the image for the computer monitor, which I put on the screen via LIE.)

DZ_Computer_Mad.jpg
    2000 x 1481 - 356K
    DW_writer.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 800K
    DW_computer_view_scene.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    DW_On_Screen_Render_Image.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1024K
    DW_main_image.jpg
    1546 x 2000 - 822K
  • LimneryLimnery Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Final Warning

"I'm not going to tell you again: Stop sending your friends pictures of your cool new blasters and get back to your homework."

Aiko 3 shape for Genesis, Aiko 5 with aging morphs. DAZ Studio 4.6 render, Photoshop CS6 postwork (brightness, color).

mcgarry_study-break-is-over.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 962K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,745
    edited December 1969

...that's great. Good work.

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

Nomad

Nomad.jpg
    364 x 600 - 46K
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I don't have any of my 3rd gen stuff installed right now, so I used the Aiko 3 shape for Genesis (but dialed the head down a bit). I rendered in Carrara, no post work.

aiko3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 645K
  • zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

|:| Extreme Hover Skating |:|

Aiko 3 as she dodges gas balloon obstacles. Used the stinger as a pair of hover skates even though one is hidden by the pose.
    created in ds4.6 with postwork in psp xi

!cropSig.jpg
    845 x 1101 - 180K
  • GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

D20 @ Outpost 94

D20.jpg
    400 x 600 - 48K
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 703
    edited December 1969

Grand Theft TIE.

Same outfit used for Cassy as before, and now with the TIE Fighter and Astromech from Vanishing Point, and Stranded from ironman13, and Fugazi1968

Grand_Thef_TIE_Fighter.jpg
    1258 x 857 - 603K
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Grand Theft TIE.

Same outfit used for Cassy as before, and now with the TIE Fighter and Astromech from Vanishing Point, and Stranded from ironman13, and Fugazi1968

I'd be careful with that Astromech. The R5s are known to have bad motivators.

edited December 1969

Grand Theft TIE.

I'd be careful with that Astromech. The R5s are known to have bad motivators.Cassy gives her robots lots of TLC, Ghast :3

edited December 1969

Grand Theft TIE.

...that's only the Red series.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

Grand Theft TIE.

That droid deliberately blew the motivator because R2-D2 asked it to. "I'm on a mission," R2 told it. "Please, help me."

That's my story (and I think is also in the novelization, but I can't remember!) and I'm sticking to it.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited January 2014

And I'm back... I count eight entries over the weekend!

Post edited by robkelk on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Grand Theft TIE.

That droid deliberately blew the motivator because R2-D2 asked it to. "I'm on a mission," R2 told it. "Please, help me."

That's my story (and I think is also in the novelization, but I can't remember!) and I'm sticking to it.

There's a non-canon comic called "Skippy The Jedi Droid" and the story goes that R5-D4 was actually a Jedi. By some mysterious cosmic event he was built sensitive to the force and became a Jedi. Since he was a droid nobody knew he was a Jedi and thus escaped the purge. Since he was force sensitive he was able to tell that R2-D2 was supposed to go to Luke and thus blew his own motivator to make sure that happened.

• ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

There's a non-canon comic called "Skippy The Jedi Droid" and the story goes that R5-D4 was actually a Jedi. By some mysterious cosmic event he was built sensitive to the force and became a Jedi. Since he was a droid nobody knew he was a Jedi and thus escaped the purge. Since he was force sensitive he was able to tell that R2-D2 was supposed to go to Luke and thus blew his own motivator to make sure that happened.

Wookiepedia says that R2 sabotaged him and that the European cut of the film shows this scene. I've never heard about this, nor seen it, so I can't say.

All I know is that R5's have a bad rep. It's no wonder Jed Porkins got blown up on his Death Star run... Aiko! Be careful!

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,703
    edited December 1969

Wow, some great entries this weekend!!!

This is my first time doing a SiFi image, and it's been a lot of fun! I may have to do more in the future.

Here is my entry #2, which is really just completing the idea of my first one a couple of page back, I just didn't know if I'd be able to get it to this stage. With the latest version of DS, there is quite a bit of instability using the Octane plugin, especially with a scene this large, with so many materials. I spent a lot of time shutting down and restarting DS (sometimes every 2-3 min.), So after about 20 hours of setup, this is what I came up with.

OK, enough complaining, cause it really was fun :)

The title of this image is:
    Best Friends.
    The group is heading back to the Frontier after a few days of R&R, and took a moment to get a photo to remember their great time together.

Image info:
    Setup in DS and the Octane Plugin, Rendered in Octane, approx. 90% of the shaders were created/modified in Octane.
    No post work except for re-sizing the image for posting.
    The figure on the right is Genesis with 100% Aiko3 and a touch of G4 dressed in Aiko3's Mech Girl (from here).
    The next figure is Genesis with 25% Aiko, and some V4, V5, G4, and a lot of other morps, Dressed in SiFi Candy (from here).
    The little guy is Gruggle Monk (from 3D Universe).
    The R2 unit is from Vanishing Point.
    The cases and SiFi pistols and Space Base are from here.
    The scene is lit with one hdr image.

Aiko_SiFi3sm.jpg
    1400 x 1167 - 462K
  • MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

I'll be your Huckleberry..

Bounty Hunter
    Genesis with A3 Shape
    V4 Genesis skin
    Flat-top hair
    HFS More Than Human bionics
    Rogue Red outfit
    A3 Bodysuit with Neural Ghost A3 texture
    Major Cache M4 belt and gun
    Wasp Fighter with addon texture
    Level 19 with free cargobay doors

Rendered in DazStudio 4.6 and post-worked in Photoshop CS5. From concept to finish about two hours.

GA3WaspDS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 387K
  • MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

I'll be your Huckleberry..

Bounty Hunter

A3 used to be one of my favorite figures too, next to David 3. I'm ecstatic that I can use their shapes and thus their clothing on Genesis.

edited January 2014

Wookiepedia says that R2 sabotaged him and that the European cut of the film shows this scene. I've never heard about this, nor seen it, so I can't say.
    ...nah, he was built by Lucas Electrics Ltd.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Isn't that the company that keeps recalling old models and completely reconfiguring them?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Isn't that the company that keeps recalling old models and completely reconfiguring them?
    And have you read their manuals? Nobody talks like that!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,882
    edited December 1969

Image is 1920x1080

Title: The Mechanic

I know there was no rule on what to use but I decided to restrict myself and challenge myself to do what I could with little instead of lots. While I did change a few things out I tried to keep with the overall theme based on the Anime Starfighter. So I used Aiko 3 (to everyone's surprise ;) ) with part of the Mech Girl out fit and Tail Gunner boots. Dixie Hair was used instead of Mitsu Hair and the character is Mulberry with Salome's skin. The Stinger was replaced by the Vanguard. Most surfaces use pwSurface2. The hair and most of AIko use the AoA SSS shader. I am still trying to learn that one. The skydome is from Urban Sprawl 2. Lighting is the Advanced Ambient Light and Advanced Spotlight with a distant light.

Thank you for looking

170_-_The_Mechanic.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

"Escaping the Mortax"

Gaia for Aiko 3 from Jidaho
    Selene Hair by Plus3d & Mairy
    R-Ex 2400 by Daz3D (re-textured chrome)
    Santa Jet Bike by Sparkyworld
    Mech Girl Glasses by Daz 3D
    Halter Top by Amy Aimei
    O.T.K. Boots by Mcasual
    Sacred Luna shorts (re-textured with denim) by Lesthat andVal3dart
    Martian War Machine by Redfern
    "Lasers" are actually lightsabers from Dodger's Light saber collection, with the handles made invisible and the blades with extreme y-scales.
    Stranded from ironman13, and Fugazi1968

Escaping_the_Mortax.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 623K
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 498
    edited December 1969

Steel and Fire
    Genesis used with shapes: Aiko5, Anastasiya, Aven, Basic Female, Victoria5, V5 Supermodel, Satsuki, and Wednesday.
    Done in DS 4.6, rendered in reality 2.5
    Post work done in Paint shop Pro X2

Steel_and_Fire_decoyboy.jpg
    605 x 600 - 96K
    edited December 1969

Any Honor Harrington fans out there? Basically a straight DS 4.6 render with a slight adjustment in Photoshop CS6 to lower the saturation. Character is a custom Genesis 1 spin based on the wonderful Aiko 5 and Smay's gorgeous Stalker Girl, set is a kit bash of various pieces with the new Hoverplatform in the foreground.

Space_Opera.jpg
    2000 x 1481 - 1M
  • GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103
    edited December 1969

Thought that i d get one in...

"Flying Mother Nature's Silver Seed..."

DS 4.6 with some post in Photoshop CS4

aikoD03ss.jpg
    1008 x 1008 - 942K