. . . . . . P E R S E P H O N E . . . O N . . S T O R E . . N O W . . . . {Commerc

2»

Comments

• Cake OneCake One Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

Hi Simon

You did great asking here.

When i quoted the read me file, it was mainly to say there is a readme file that is supposed to be somewhere in the product (I hope it didn't get lost somewhere on the store... i need to check that).

I hope you didn't take it as a rude "RTFM" ;)
    If so, i apologise...

The point is : were you able to make it work?
    C.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,957
    edited December 1969

I am, hopefully using it right now - so we shall see :)
    As for it being rude, I have to say that as a native English speaker there was not one iota of rudeness in your reply! :) DAZ seems to have a 'no readme file' policy so I was not at all surprised that one is/was not included (DIM reports none and a quick manual check of the install location shows none).

edited January 2014

Daz team told me next time, i should make a pretty pdf file to have it included so i know what to do next time. :smirk:

Meanwhile, the read me file is now (thanks to Daz team) reachable in the smart content tab in Studio, in product view: you can double click on the icon and it will launch.
    It's now also available from DIM.

Here is the link to see the READ ME live from DAZ Documentation center ( usefull infos in it) :

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18148/start

C.

Post edited by Cake One on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Just realized this is textures only, they look amazing, what character did you use for the first promo image in the thread? Was it a custom morph?

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Just realized this is textures only, they look amazing, what character did you use for the first promo image in the thread? Was it a custom morph?

The character used is Olympia

Seeing your cool forum avatar, i must add that this texture set is Daz Studio only.

Of course you can use the texture maps in Poser but you have to call them manually from the material room ( or using a 3rd party script )

C.

edited December 1969

Sadly, I haven't even used that Poser hardly at all since I bought it, since Genesis was released I've been almost strictly Studio. As for the character, I bought Olympia when she was released, the texture looks great on her.

edited December 1969

I had a few DS crashes before I go the render going, then suddenly (well, when I say 'suddenly' I, of course, mean some 4 or 5 hours later) realised that I was not sure when I applied the Reality shaders - was it after a save before one of the crashes or not? So, to be sure I killed the render off and restarted it. Ho hum. Good news is that I messed with the lighting and scenery materials a little so it is galloping along quite nicely (around 160Ks/s) so it should be more than ready when I wake up! :)

edited December 1969

dkgoose said:
    Sadly, I haven't even used that Poser hardly at all since I bought it, since Genesis was released I've been almost strictly Studio. As for the character, I bought Olympia when she was released, the texture looks great on her.

Thank you

In the texture creation process, she was my main model.
    Of course, i tried all the Gen2F serie and the texture will look really good on all of them (i'm currently rendering the Girl 6 with Persephone on !) but i think Olympia specific features allow great texturing and expressions.

C.

edited December 1969

It rendered really quickly so I dialled it down to just 6 threads over night, but it still go to high levels of S/Px (or whatever it is).
    Anyway, it was quickly thrown together, so don't judge purely by my efforts!

edited December 1969

Here's my first sussesful render, I tried Reality but I usually always end up with noise all over and the image looks bad.

image.jpg
    800 x 800 - 348K
    edited December 1969

Nice render... Really "Gipsy Style"
    i like it

About lux render, it takes time for the noise to go away.
    The more powerful your computer is, the faster noise will disappear.

As an exemple, for my case, it takes several hours to disappear

I really like the idea of posting your Persephone renders here, so everyone, please, feel free to post yours :)

Have a nice day
    C.

edited December 1969

Here is another render, actually one of the reasons I bought Persephone and the Sunny Bikini was to make a birthday card for my Dad, and both products look greater Reality.

image.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 542K
    edited December 1969

Nice render !
    i really like the mood in it
    Thank you for sharing it with us :)
    C.

• legarclegarc Posts: 45
    edited December 1969

Nice shaders. New to Reality rendering thought I'd give your textures a go for first attempt.