?? Mutual Celebration ?? Challenged to a Software Duel ?? or Dual Software ??

2»

Comments

• Pam, I like the idea.  My hope is that there will be individual prize winners like normal, but that there will also be a collective way of scoring each camp.  And, whichever camp has the highest score receives some tangible benefit (besides bragging rights), such as getting to choose the theme of the next showdown/duel, or something else I am not smart enough to think of at the moment.

In American baseball, the winner of the annual all-star game between the two leagues was (for several years) used to determine the home field advantage for the World series.  It gave the players some actual incentive to play hard and win the game.  In the case of our showdown, that would mean that the winning camp would host the next showdown.  But that wouln't work if we use the Art Studio for the competition.

However, putting it in the Art Studio might provide more exposure.  Lots to think about, thanks!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119
    edited November 2019

x x  , there is no delete for comments _then ??

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Nope. smileysmileysmiley

If you change your mind about posting something, it is best to say "oops," or even post a render.

I thought that your comment was funny.  :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Googling strated ..

got nothing.. smiley

must be a Bryce thing devil

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Nope. smileysmileysmiley

If you change your mind about posting something, it is best to say "oops," or even post a render.

_alright then, Thanx      _didn't think Any-one saw comments _?shrug?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

UnifiedBrain      Do you use Discord

• Chohole said:

UnifiedBrain      Do you use Discord

Ha!  I had to do a search to see what it was.  Pretty cool that you can set up your own little server group.

I'm open, as it appears less invasive than Skype (which I ditched several years ago).

What did you have in mind?

I thought maybe we could set up a little group so those interested could have a chat about it.   And yes we use this now instead of Skype,  which got to the stage that those that use Macs were really struggling with Skype once microsoft took it over, and it was getting worse with each update

• By chat, do you mean vocal/mic chat?  Not sure I can pull that off, as the mics I own tend to have XLR connectors.  Maybe I can use an adapter or mixer to get them down to size.

If you mean keyboard, then it seems like a forum PM would work as well.

However, ot is nice to know that a good alternative to Skype exists.

Yeah  I guess a Forum PM would work    I keep forgetting the abilities of the current PM system

edited November 2019

Nope. smileysmileysmiley

call it , perhaps   "oops"

BRYandCAR 1AFF.png
    1280 x 800 - 413K
    Post edited by ed3D on
    edited November 2019

laughlaughlaughangelyes

_ Thanx - -

Post edited by ed3D on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited November 2019

In soccer (futbol), there are separate cups in addition to league championships.  We could have an annual Bryce / Carrara cup that is separate from (in addition to) regular challenges.

Meanwhile, maybe someone will unify the program challenges by winning them both at the same time.  In boxing, it is called unifying the belts.

http://www.mkboxing.com/2019/08/06/the-different-boxing-title-belts-explained/

But to do so, one would have to enter both.  smiley

Post edited by Diomede on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

...or maybe a "Render-Off"? LOL

Carrara forum's choice of wording: "Challenge" has worked well, I thought, too.

Being from the States, "Shoot-out" kinda spells competition for the most part - except while watching the news. I don't know why so many people enjoy killing other people around here. Made me stop watching news decades ago.

• Diomede said:

In soccer (futbol), there are separate cups in addition to league championships.  We could have an annual Bryce / Carrara cup that is separate from (in addition to) regular challenges.

Meanwhile, maybe someone will unify the program challenges by winning them both at the same time.  In boxing, it is called unifying the belts.

http://www.mkboxing.com/2019/08/06/the-different-boxing-title-belts-explained/

But to do so, one would have to enter both.  smiley

Is there anyone out there adept at both programs?

...or maybe a "Render-Off"? LOL

There is always the "Smackdown" used by the wrestling community.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited November 2019

Wouldn't say I am adept at Bryce, but I do use it.

Was using Bryce to generate backgrounds for my DAZ Studio renders before I converted to Carrara.

ACD Alien Head 16 A3 - G2M Topaz x1950.jpg
    1950 x 1282 - 314K
    Alien 240515-2 Island Mesh6 -Bryce.jpg
    1950 x 1097 - 426K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • Bunyip, you are certainly more adept than me. :)  But I only know a small percentage of Carrara.  I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who really understands and works at a high level in both programs.  I assume that such a person might be very helpful in structuring the rules of a Carrara-Bryce competition.

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

Maybe a keep-it-simple rules, Bryce render allowed, Carrara render allowed, combined Bryce-Carrara render allowed.