The Marvelous Designer Thread

1111213141517»

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,398
    edited August 1

Jessie said:

I know it's not 'old' old, but by tech standards (and mine) it is cause by the time I figure this program out they'll be on MD 15 or something, lol. 

You mean the drop down on the upper right-hand corner? Yes, it has a UV editor tab, but that is it. I dn't see a button/ tool icon/ drop down, etc I can use to bake the textures or normal map. There's a snapshot button, but that just gives me the wire mesh. 

https://imgur.com/a/yGZ5eqC Screen shot of what I see when I go to the UV editor

I think that camera button/snapshot lets you quickly bake out the textures there. but maybe not in MD 8.

when you go to export as OBJ, i think the export options should give you an option to save baked textures as zip.  THese options have both been in MD for a long time.

Post edited by lilweep on
    edited August 1

If you are using MD as a texturing software, and you are just tiling texures, then you can simply export without unified texture and then the exported obj will use the repeat settings that you have set up for your tiled textures in MD, so can plug int he same tiled texture into Daz and it will look the same.

Of course if you are doing more detailed texturing in MD, such as adding decals and so on, then you will need to export texture maps on unified texture.

There is also  Marvelous Designer discord server where you can probably get more real time support.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • JessieJessie Posts: 42

Yea I'm using it for more than just texturing aha. Sadly the snapshot button didn't give me the normals or metallic maps. I'll check the discord thank you

well i also mentioned exporting... there is an option to export textures...

• JessieJessie Posts: 42

lilweep said:

Jessie said:

I know it's not 'old' old, but by tech standards (and mine) it is cause by the time I figure this program out they'll be on MD 15 or something, lol. 

You mean the drop down on the upper right-hand corner? Yes, it has a UV editor tab, but that is it. I dn't see a button/ tool icon/ drop down, etc I can use to bake the textures or normal map. There's a snapshot button, but that just gives me the wire mesh. 

https://imgur.com/a/yGZ5eqC Screen shot of what I see when I go to the UV editor

I think that camera button/snapshot lets you quickly bake out the textures there. but maybe not in MD 8.

when you go to export as OBJ, i think the export options should give you an option to save baked textures as zip.  THese options have both been in MD for a long time.

It was an option on the export.  TY ^_^ 
    My next self imposed tasked? Pjmcs. I'm assuming using MD to make them won't be a good idea because more than just the... seem? the bendy part is changed, right?

you can make pJCMs in Marvelous Designer.  

But the reason it may get complicated is because the effect area of the pJCM should usually be quite small to avoid unwanted interactions with other bend morphs and other pJCMs.  pJCMs should probably just be used for minor corrections, not necessarily baking simulations.  You can of course try to do the latter, but will be complicated.  To limit effect size in Marvelous Designer, there is a freeze brush in more recent versions, but not sure if that was in MD8.  You can also use something like Blender (shapekey with vertex group) to limit effect of morph.

Honestly, I would just use Blender to make the small corrections for pJCMs using the sculpt brushes, rather than simulating corrections with MD. And then add some optional simulation morphs via MD that users can apply manually.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,239

Yes, technically, you can use Morph Target in MD to simulate a "fixed morph" but do not update pJCM directly... instead, use a dFormer with weight map plus Attenuate by option in Moprh Loader Pro to just update the "weighted distorted area" with pJCM properties. However, this workflow will be cumbersome. I used to do so before but I finally gave it up

But as others said, direct fixing in Bledner should a pretty straight-forward and quickest way... Usually, using Smooth brush + Grab brush can fix 95%+ pJCM related distorted areas. And you can just fix one side or both sides with Symmetry option, and update pJCMs with Mirroing and/or Attenuate by options in Morph Loader Pro. That'll be pretty quick ~