Reby Sky poser crash

CoelacanthropyCoelacanthropy Posts: 77
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I just got the Reby Sky bundle last night, installed it today and now when I start poser I get a message saying "poser executable file has stopped working - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly", and it crashes. While I was copying the product files to my runtime, I did get some messages about how windows could not copy specific files, "an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified Error. Reby Elite SSS Off". I did some searching and it seems that maybe the installation caused a problem in the registry.

Can anyone advise? Is this a common problem?

Comments

• CoelacanthropyCoelacanthropy Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

I am running poser9 on Win7.

I downloaded, installed and ran the tweakbit fixmypc from wikifixes.com and poser still crashes.

http://wikifixes.com/errors/0x/0x80004005/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=0x80004005&utm_campaign=WF.S.USA.ErrorN.P&gclid=CNOr572Ys7wCFcY7Mgod8XIA3g

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You did install Reby Sky into the same runtime as you have V4 and the V4 morphs++ packages installed?

edited December 1969

Yes, I copied the files to the runtime I always use.

edited February 2014

Post edited by Coelacanthropy on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,829
    edited December 1969

To which folder did you install the product? If you installed manually, rather than using the Install Manager, what did you use to unzip?

edited December 1969

Merged duplicate threads - if you want this moved to the Poser Discussion forum we can do that for you.

edited December 1969

To which folder did you install the product? If you installed manually, rather than using the Install Manager, what did you use to unzip?

I simply double clicked the zip and it opened in windows. Then I copied the runtime folder from the zip to C/program files (x86)/Smith Micro/Poser4. That's the poser I started with and it's where all my purchases go, even though I use poser9 now.

edited December 1969

I ran the product installers too for Reby Sky. I've now run the registry cleaner called CCleaner. Poser still crashes. Maybe this doesn't even have to do with Reby Sky. The product shouldn't have files in the registry should it?

edited December 1969

I doubt it has anything to do with the reby product, though the error messages might indicate a file system problem. If you haven't run the DzCreateExPFile-v4 batch file then the new Reby Sky files won't be doing anything at all to Poser, so are unlikely to be causing a crash - on the other hand, Poser probably scans the folder and if there was a problem with the unzipping that may have left a bad reference that is causing the crash. In general it is a bad idea to install content to program Files in recent versions of Windows

edited December 1969

What is DzCreateExPFile-v4 batch file and what does it do?

edited February 2014

It creates the exp (morph) info for V4 basically

When you first installed V4 you should have had a prompt to "Initialise" That runs the file.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

When you first installed V4 you should have had a prompt to "Initialise" That runs the file.

Well I uninstalled poser9 and reinstalled. It still does not work.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Well I uninstalled poser9 and reinstalled. It still does not work.

I suppose it is possible that either your V4 installation has corrupted somehow, or even possibly that the Reby Sky download has corrupted on download. HAve you tried redownloading either of them and reinstalling them?

edited December 1969

or simply unpacking with a different zip utility, such as 7Zip.

edited December 1969

I tried downloading and over installing the exe version of the product.

edited February 2014

I just installed the newest SR for poser9 and now it seems to be up and running. Gotta say I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I would like to extend a "thank you" to all who helped in this matter.

edited December 1969

Seems I spoke too soon. Poser loads now, but after adding a few low poly characters and doing a few renders, it does the same crash. It always crashes at the beginning of a render after a few other renders have been done.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited February 2014

Seems I spoke too soon. Poser loads now, but after adding a few low poly characters and doing a few renders, it does the same crash. It always crashes at the beginning of a render after a few other renders have been done.

Being 32bit Poser uses up memory in the renderer pretty quick. Make sure you check Render as a separate process in the Preferences settings and also after a few renders you should empty the render cache at this location:

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Poser\9\RenderCache

It will remove your shadow maps for lighting(deep Shadows) so they will have to recalculate again but it will give you the full cache for a larger scene.

I don't understand Smith Micro and their reluctance to provide a 64bit platform for rendering and treat it as a premium in this day and age and I thank god DAZ Studio has this available to the masses.

Good luck.

Post edited by stump3point1 on
    edited December 1969

I installed both Poser 9 Service Release 3.1 and Poser9-SR3.2_win.

When I click the poser shortcut I get a message saying, "An error occurred importing addon dson" and then a message saying “poser executable file has stopped working - a problem caused the program to stop working correctly”.

When I log into a different user account and start poser it says the same message about dson, then poser loads and says please find ground.obj and please find milkmanandy.cr2.

SmithMicro said to me that the dson message means that it is not installed correctly anymore. How do I go about uninstalling dson?

edited February 2014

... and how can I tell what DSON Importer I installed and where? Is there something I can search for?

edited December 1969

Well I moved the runtimes back to program files as I think that is why poser can't find the ground.obj and milkmanandy.cr2 and a search shows that dson is mostly in SmithMicro\Poser4\Runtime\Python.

I didn't have an uninstaller made when I installed DSON, so I think if I reinstall it with the uninstaller, then I could run that, but how do I know which version of DSON I installed initially?

edited December 1969

Okay I thought to install all four versions of DSON I have and then uninstall them all, but when I went to install DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.13_Win32, it said it would uninstall the old DSON, so I thought "great". It made an uninstaller so all I have to do is find that but it doesn't seem to be in any uninstall folders. Where did it go to?

edited December 1969

Seems I can't uninstall the DSON yet because I don't know where the uninstaller went to, but I did as SmithMicro said otherwise - uninstalling poser, reboot, reinstall and installing the SR3.2. Now poser starts fine even though I still get the DSON message. After starting poser I can render milkmanandy. However if I add figures and render again, then poser crashes while precalculating subsurface scattering.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,556
    edited December 1969

Are you using DIM to install DSON or are you doing it manually?

edited December 1969

I'm double clicking the application file. I suppose that means manual then.

edited February 2014

The current version is 1.1.2.117. Check and make sure you have the current one. To remove the one you have you can go to control panel/Programs and Features/DSON Importer and uninstall

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I did as you said and it seemed to uninstalled fine, but I still get a "An errror occurred importing addon dson : ERROR: No module named dzdsonimporter" message when I start poser.

edited December 1969

Did you reinstall it and to where?

edited December 1969

I have not reinstalled it and when I installed it before, it was in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser4\Runtime\Python\addons\dson folder.

There is still a file left in the addons\dson folder. It is called "__init__.pyc".

edited February 2014

There also seems to still be a DSON folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser4\Runtime that has some files in it.