Reby Sky poser crash

2»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited December 1969

I have not reinstalled it and when I installed it before, it was in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Smith Micro\Poser4\Runtime\Python\addons\dson folder.

There is still a file left in the addons\dson folder. It is called "__init__.pyc".

Remove that, in fact remove the whole DSON folder - uninstallers don't remove files created after installation, and so they can't remove the folder as it isn't empty.

• CoelacanthropyCoelacanthropy Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

I deleted the folders, rebooted and activated the poser9 program. I still get a "An errror occurred importing addon dson : ERROR: No module named dzdsonimporter" message.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,602
    edited December 1969

You need to reinstall DSON to get it to work

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    You need to reinstall DSON to get it to work

Well, I'm not wanting to use DSON right now. I'm just trying to get poser to work and Smith Micro said I had to uninstall DSON as part of the solution. Right now poser9 loads but crashes during render of just a few figures.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

DSON figures won't work without DSON Importer. If you're trying to check if Poser 9 is working you need to use non-DSON items.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I deleted the folders, rebooted and activated the poser9 program. I still get a "An errror occurred importing addon dson : ERROR: No module named dzdsonimporter" message.

If you're still getting that error, it means it's still looking for the DSON Importer, and it can only be looking for the DSON Importer if it still has references to it somewhere, which means it's still not completely removed for your system.

edited December 1969

DSON figures won't work without DSON Importer. If you're trying to check if Poser 9 is working you need to use non-DSON items.

I am. I'm loading figures from the poser9 content library.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,786
    edited December 1969

Try to reinstall DSON the correct way, that should fix any problems with DSON files and references to them.