FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• Dark45Dark45 Posts: 58

Alberto said:

Dark45 said:

In need of some guidance. I have a viscus liquid (syrup) that I am working with. I have everything set the way I'd like to, the consistancy and speed of which the syrup falls. But the issue is that it is choppy. It produces the liquid at frame 60 as an example, at that time it's just a blob. Then it does not move again until frame 65, then doesn't move again until frame 70.

As you can imagine this makes the playback quite choppy. Anyone have an idea on what might not be set right? I've work with it in 30, 60, and 120 fps with the same result.

Maybe you have to reduce the viscosity. What was its value?

The value was set to 5, I had set it that high as I needed to slow the speed of the flow and it seemed like that would help. If I decrease the viscosity to lets say 2, would I slow down the speed that it falls by changing the domain's downward force?

Thank you, Alberto.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Was the simulation finished or did you stop it?
    Did you try switch the mesher on/off?

When I run a simluation the very first time and stop it before it reaches its end, the completion value does not match to the amount of the created geometry files.

• Thanks, but I know how to install plugins manually, that's not the problem. The issue is I can't download it without Dim. The manual installation shouldn't be presented as an option, if there's no manual installer available for download.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383
    edited December 2022

Dark45 said:

Alberto said:

Dark45 said:

In need of some guidance. I have a viscus liquid (syrup) that I am working with. I have everything set the way I'd like to, the consistancy and speed of which the syrup falls. But the issue is that it is choppy. It produces the liquid at frame 60 as an example, at that time it's just a blob. Then it does not move again until frame 65, then doesn't move again until frame 70.

As you can imagine this makes the playback quite choppy. Anyone have an idea on what might not be set right? I've work with it in 30, 60, and 120 fps with the same result.

Maybe you have to reduce the viscosity. What was its value?

The value was set to 5, I had set it that high as I needed to slow the speed of the flow and it seemed like that would help. If I decrease the viscosity to lets say 2, would I slow down the speed that it falls by changing the domain's downward force?

Thank you, Alberto.

In fact, it's a very low viscosity value. 

Did you try the suggestion of tfis?

I sent you a PM.

Post edited by Alberto on
  • AidolatrieAidolatrie Posts: 5
    edited January 2023

After much, much, much, much experimentation, I was able to create the following animation of a character walking across a puddle (as shown below):

Despite my best efforts (by adjusting the viscosity), I was not able to prevent one side of the puddle from spontaneously unleashing and spreading ripples that spread to the other side. What else can I do to help solve the problem?

Thanks for looking

Post edited by Aidolatrie on

Aidolatrie said:

After much, much, much, much experimentation, I was able to create the following animation of a character walking across a puddle (as shown below):

Despite my best efforts (by adjusting the viscosity), I was not able to prevent one side of the puddle from spontaneously unleashing and spreading ripples that spread to the other side. What else can I do to help solve the problem?

Thanks for looking

Try to use the APIC fluids solver instead of the  PIC/FLIP. 

APIC is more stable.

• Alberto said:

Aidolatrie said:

Thanks for looking

Try to use the APIC fluids solver instead of the  PIC/FLIP. 

APIC is more stable.

Unfortunately, that didn't solve the issue.

At this point, I really want to move one and will try APIC on the next scene that requires FLUIDOS.

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 421
    edited April 2023

Ok I think I need to reinstall as I have botched it due to getting an error (pop up dialiag with ok button, not sure how to retrieve the message since it's not in the DAZ native log file) about unable to find a file when trying to run a simulation.  I'll provide an image of what is currently installed, what is not,  and if you could advise that after I remove them all, which should be installed first (and do I need to launch and enable/register, then exit, and then install the next item) or can I just install them all in the same go?

Ok error 1: The specified module could not be found, click ok and it generates:

And then Daz hard crashes and exits.

Error Log when trying with the current installation

2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (/QLabel) Negative sizes (0,-536870910) are not possible
    2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedUnionVDB() in abFluidos.cpp:2115
    2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedOnlyRemeshing() in abFluidos.cpp:2116
    2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:32:44.595 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::disconnect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedUnionVDB() in abFluidos.cpp:2141
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::disconnect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::disconnect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedUnionVDB() in abFluidos.cpp:2143
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::disconnect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedOnlyRemeshing() in abFluidos.cpp:2145
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::disconnect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::disconnect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.180 [WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedOnlyRemeshing() in abFluidos.cpp:2147
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.181 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:32:48.181 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: QWidget::setMinimumSize: (/QLabel) Negative sizes (0,-536870910) are not possible
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedUnionVDB() in abFluidos.cpp:2115
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: Object::connect: No such slot ABRunSimulationDialog::changedOnlyRemeshing() in abFluidos.cpp:2116
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'BoolBtn')
    2023-04-15 23:33:54.312 [WARNING] :: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'FLUIDOS simulation')
    2023-04-15 23:34:09.309 [WARNING] :: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
    exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
    reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

Fluidos - installed.jpg
    1475 x 543 - 165K
    Fluidos - NOT installed.jpg
    1487 x 305 - 54K
    Fluidos - error.jpg
    753 x 505 - 134K
    Post edited by lorddayradon on

First, uninstall the "Fluidos II for Daz Studio Upgrade for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" package.

Then, download and install the "Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE Upgrade for DAZStudio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" package. It contains the fluidsimII.dll (and other files) you need. Don't register this with Serial Number, not needed.

Reinstall the  "Fluidos II for Daz Studio Upgrade for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)". If this isn't registered, do it now, please, using your Serial Number (the one for the upgrade from Fluidos II Lite to Complete).

Let me know if you have more trouble, please.

• Alberto said:

First, uninstall the "Fluidos II for Daz Studio Upgrade for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" package.

Then, download and install the "Fluidos II for Daz Studio LITE Upgrade for DAZStudio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" package. It contains the fluidsimII.dll (and other files) you need. Don't register this with Serial Number, not needed.

Reinstall the  "Fluidos II for Daz Studio Upgrade for Daz Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)". If this isn't registered, do it now, please, using your Serial Number (the one for the upgrade from Fluidos II Lite to Complete).

Thank you, followed your steps, and a quick test showed that the simulation ran. Can I reinstall the 'Companion for Fluidos'? or is it not needed/cause problems. Just not sure if there is anything in there that I might be able to use that  is not reproducible in fluidos2.

lorddayradon said:

Alberto said:

Thank you, followed your steps, and a quick test showed that the simulation ran. Can I reinstall the 'Companion for Fluidos'? or is it not needed/cause problems. Just not sure if there is anything in there that I might be able to use that  is not reproducible in fluidos2.

You're welcome!

Unless you have uninstalled Fluidos Companion, it's not necessary to reinstall.  And it doesn't cause problems for Fluidos II, on the contrary, it's compatible.

• Alberto said:

You're welcome!

Unless you have uninstalled Fluidos Companion, it's not necessary to reinstall.  And it doesn't cause problems for Fluidos II, on the contrary, it's compatible.

Yeah I did uninstall it.  I'll put it back in. Wish me happy squirting... wait, did that sound wrong.

lorddayradon said:

Alberto said:

You're welcome!

Yeah I did uninstall it.  I'll put it back in. Wish me happy squirting... wait, did that sound wrong.

smiley 

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited July 2023

I purchased Fluidos along with Fisio and the soft body add-on today but unfortunately Fluidos doesn't install through DIM. I get a C++ 2017 redistributables installation error then DIM thinks Fluidos installed correctly but it doesn't.

How to install please?

https://www.daz3d.com/fluidos-for-daz-studio

Post edited by cridgit on

cridgit said:

I purchased Fluidos along with Fisio and the soft body add-on today but unfortunately Fluidos doesn't install through DIM. I get a C++ 2017 redistributables installation error then DIM thinks Fluidos installed correctly but it doesn't.

How to install please?

The error is a Microsoft thing. It appears when you have already installed the redistributables in your computer, so don't worry about it, it doesn't prevent the DIM from finishing to install the plugin. 

Did you register the plugin with your Serial Number? If not, here is the procedure (for Fluidos and any other registrable plugin): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3916516/#Comment_3916516

After that, you should see in the Daz Studio Menu: Create the items: New Fluidos Domain..., New Fluidos Source/Sink..., etc.

Let me know if this doesn't work, please.

cridgit said:

How to install please?

The error is a Microsoft thing. It appears when you have already installed the redistributables in your computer, so don't worry about it, it doesn't prevent the DIM from finishing to install the plugin. 

Did you register the plugin with your Serial Number? If not, here is the procedure (for Fluidos and any other registrable plugin): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3916516/#Comment_3916516

After that, you should see in the Daz Studio Menu: Create the items: New Fluidos Domain..., New Fluidos Source/Sink..., etc.

Let me know if this doesn't work, please.

• lorddayradonlorddayradon Posts: 421
    edited July 2023

Have a question.  

I'm in a developement stage, and trying to simulate suntan lotion.

I'm using the base fluid mass tutorial as a starting point and making small changes as I go. My scene contains:

Gen8M: obstacle

prop: lotion tube - also obstacle.

cylinder: dimentions are: 1cm long, 1cm   diameter, 16 sides,  as the fluid mass.

300 frames 60fps

-- settings I've changed from the tutorial

- # frames: 300

- fps: 60

- cell size: 0.5

- subdivision: 3

- marker particle scale: 0.1

- Viscosity: 250  or Off same result as per below issue.

Everything seems to run and work though at frame 0, my original fluid mass that was 1cm x 1cm  turns into a blobby sphere (which I expect) but is closer to 5cm x 5cm.

Why does it scale up like that increasing it's volume five fold? Is there anything I can do to constrain it keep the same amount of volume?

The only work around I can think of atm is to scale everything up in the scene by 500% except the fluid mass which seems to do it on it's own to try and keep it a relative size to the opening of the suntan lotion tube.

Post edited by lorddayradon on

lorddayradon said:

Have a question.  

I'm in a developement stage, and trying to simulate suntan lotion.

I'm using the base fluid mass tutorial as a starting point and making small changes as I go. My scene contains:

Gen8M: obstacle

prop: lotion tube - also obstacle.

cylinder: dimentions are: 1cm long, 1cm   diameter, 16 sides,  as the fluid mass.

300 frames 60fps

-- settings I've changed from the tutorial

- # frames: 300

- fps: 60

- cell size: 0.5

- subdivision: 3

- marker particle scale: 0.1

- Viscosity: 250  or Off same result as per below issue.

Everything seems to run and work though at frame 0, my original fluid mass that was 1cm x 1cm  turns into a blobby sphere (which I expect) but is closer to 5cm x 5cm.

Why does it scale up like that increasing it's volume five fold? Is there anything I can do to constrain it keep the same amount of volume?

The only work around I can think of atm is to scale everything up in the scene by 500% except the fluid mass which seems to do it on it's own to try and keep it a relative size to the opening of the suntan lotion tube.

The main problem is the cell size. You have a fluid mass of 1 cm3 with a cell size of half a centimeter, the fluid mass fills only eight cells, so the results will be very imprecise. You need to reduce the cell size to a value of 0.25 or less.

Other secondary suggestions: In my opinion, the subdivision value is too high, try to use 1.5 (it's faster). Let the marker particle scale to the default value, its effect is barely noticeable in your case. Use an iteration of the Gaussian filter (the default).

Try to reduce the domain size to the region of interest (where the drop is expected to be flowing) to get faster calculations with low cell sizes. It doesn't matter that the obstacles are not completely covered by the Fluidos Domain.

• linoge8888linoge8888 Posts: 62

Which piece of hardware matters for faster simulations ? CPU ? GPU ? RAM ? 

edited July 2023

linoge8888 said:

Which piece of hardware matters for faster simulations ? CPU ? GPU ? RAM ? 

Mainly the CPU, and in considerable less extent, the GPU.

Post edited by Alberto on
  • mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited August 2023

After a successful Gescon/Fisio animation (shattering wine glasses), wouldn't you know it, my next one involves water! I have Fluidos II which I've only experimented with a bit. What I need to do is fill an unusually-shaped swimmimng pool (not rectangular) and show someone diving in with a splash. My big concern is the oddly-shaped pool and how that might complicate things. Any advice?

After bad initial attempts to fill the pool I'm thinking probably I need the Water Planes Preset add-on, but I'm re-reading the manual to see where I might have gone wrong.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on

mikethe3dguy said:

After a successful Gescon/Fisio animation (shattering wine glasses), wouldn't you know it, my next one involves water! I have Fluidos II which I've only experimented with a bit. What I need to do is fill an unusually-shaped swimmimng pool (not rectangular) and show someone diving in with a splash. My big concern is the oddly-shaped pool and how that might complicate things. Any advice?

After bad initial attempts to fill the pool I'm thinking probably I need the Water Planes Preset add-on, but I'm re-reading the manual to see where I might have gone wrong.

You can use a  cube as an initial fluid mass. The cube should cover the swimming pool. It doesn't matter that the cube is larger than the pool while the immediate surroundings are solid, in the simulation the cube will only fill the void space of the pool.

edited August 2023

Alberto said:

You can use a  cube as an initial fluid mass. The cube should cover the swimming pool. It doesn't matter that the cube is larger than the pool while the immediate surroundings are solid, in the simulation the cube will only fill the void space of the pool.

I see, thanks! How do I keep the liquid from running out of the container? I've done some experiments with a bowl prop, and even after adding a Thickener value to the bowl, the fluid seems to eventually leak out. In fact, my tests at a Thickener value of 8 seems to keep more liquid in than when I set it to 10.

Edit: Ah! A setting of 9 seems to work.

edited August 2023

Not really clear on what the plugin is doing. Set up a sim over 60 frames with the swimming pool shell and a cube above it. Sim took quite a while (45 minutes or more). Then I hid the cube, added in the mesher, added the folder name and keyframes, then enabled the mesher. The plugin marched to the end of the timeline, showing me flashes of the cube/water simulation that were physically nowhere near where it started (well outside of the Domain). Now it's gone back to other parts in the timeline and seems to keep going back and forth to random (?) points, sometimes the 1st frame, then progressing to the end, and then starting again from other frames. No way to know how long this could possibly take or if it will be anywhere close to what I was aiming for when it finishes. Is this normal?

mikethe3dguy said:

Not really clear on what the plugin is doing. Set up a sim over 60 frames with the swimming pool shell and a cube above it. Sim took quite a while (45 minutes or more). Then I hid the cube, added in the mesher, added the folder name and keyframes, then enabled the mesher. The plugin marched to the end of the timeline, showing me flashes of the cube/water simulation that were physically nowhere near where it started (well outside of the Domain). Now it's gone back to other parts in the timeline and seems to keep going back and forth to random (?) points, sometimes the 1st frame, then progressing to the end, and then starting again from other frames. No way to know how long this could possibly take or if it will be anywhere close to what I was aiming for when it finishes. Is this normal?

Check this: 

• Be sure that the mesher is in exactly the same position as the Domain (simply by copy-pasting the Selected items from the Domain to the Mesher) .
    • The preview must be set to Off.
    • Your scene takes some time to be simulated, so surely the water meshes have a huge number of polygons: In this case, if you click on Play in the Timeline, sometimes the "little hand" that grabs and move the slider of the Timeline gets locked and, as you move the mouse, the slider go to and fro without end. The solution is to enable the Silence Progress dialog property of the Mesher.
    • Better disable the Loop in the Timeline also.

edited August 2023

Alberto said:

Check this: 

• Be sure that the mesher is in exactly the same position as the Domain (simply by copy-pasting the Selected items from the Domain to the Mesher) .
    • The preview must be set to Off.
    • Your scene takes some time to be simulated, so surely the water meshes have a huge number of polygons: In this case, if you click on Play in the Timeline, sometimes the "little hand" that grabs and move the slider of the Timeline gets locked and, as you move the mouse, the slider go to and fro without end. The solution is to enable the Silence Progress dialog property of the Mesher.
    • Better disable the Loop in the Timeline also.

Used Align to set the mesher at exactly the same point as the domain. Preview is Off. Loop? If loop is enabled, will the fluid reconstruction occur over and over without end? Because that's what it looks like it's doing. For two hours now I'd say. Actually 3 hours or more. Though that doesn't really seem to be true, because I've always had looping on, and it didn't do that when I experimented with the basic liquid example. It's like a freight train though - there's no way to stop it that I can see. How to stop it without force-closing Daz Studio? I hit cancel, then disable timeline looping, and as soon as I move to another frame in the timeline or hit play it starts doing "fluid reconstruction" again, really like it's not finished. And now I see that if I go to frame zero, the cube/fluid mass has indeed moved from where I placed it - to outside of the domain.

Would I have better luck with the Water Planes preset? I want this to come out right, but don't want to needlessly waste time. If I can get this to look convincing (splashes, etc) with just a surface plane I'll buy the add-on and do it.

• Yeah, it's MOVING the fluid mass away from where I placed it and I don't know why. Pool is completely inside the domain, and mesher is at exactly the same location as the domain. This is very frustrating. I can't move forward at all at this point.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,917

mikethe3dguy said:

Yeah, it's MOVING the fluid mass away from where I placed it and I don't know why. Pool is completely inside the domain, and mesher is at exactly the same location as the domain. This is very frustrating. I can't move forward at all at this point.

As Alberto said, try CTRL+C on the domain and then CTRL+V to the the Mesher, this will place the latter in the right position. Be sure the size of the Mesher is 100% and locked.

Lastly, check if you mistakenly created any keyframe in the timeline for the mesher, this could move it away form it's right position. It must have only one keyframe on frame 0.

Ah, last thing: Be sure the Domain isn't rotated (Rotation must be X 0,Y 0,Z 0), some times the plugin has some difficulty with rotations on the Domain, especially with big simulations. If the meshes you need inside it doesn't fit, make the domain bigger or rotate the props.

edited August 2023

Imago said:

As Alberto said, try CTRL+C on the domain and then CTRL+V to the the Mesher, this will place the latter in the right position. Be sure the size of the Mesher is 100% and locked.

Lastly, check if you mistakenly created any keyframe in the timeline for the mesher, this could move it away form it's right position. It must have only one keyframe on frame 0.

Ah, last thing: Be sure the Domain isn't rotated (Rotation must be X 0,Y 0,Z 0), some times the plugin has some difficulty with rotations on the Domain, especially with big simulations. If the meshes you need inside it doesn't fit, make the domain bigger or rotate the props.

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean copy/pasting the values from xtran, ytran and ztran of the domain to the mesher? Isn't that what Align (center-center-center) already does? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

According to Alberto's pdf, you also set a keyframe at the end of your simulation, with Completion at 100%. Is that not true? I have two keyframes: one at frame 0 and one at the final frame. No others.

Domain is not rotated on any axis.

Edit: I just realized that Align only does that if the pivot points are in identical positions on the objects... maybe that's the issue! I'll try again and see.

•  

Imago said:

Thanks for your reply. Do you mean copy/pasting the values from xtran, ytran and ztran of the domain to the mesher? Isn't that what Align (center-center-center) already does? Unless I'm misunderstanding.

Edit: I just realized that Align only does that if the pivot points are in identical positions on the objects... maybe that's the issue! I'll try again and see.

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks Imago!

Now my problem is that the fluid mass is acting like the swimming pool prop is a closed mesh instread of open on top - as if the pool deck just went straight across and there is no basin. I have checked the mesh, and it's definitely open.