FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• smaker1smaker1 Posts: 275
    Alberto said:
    smaker1 said:

Hello 

and exporting as openvdb  files to render outside ds4 ?

that would be great 

Yes, the plugin, by default, saves the .vdb file for each frame. It can be imported by any software that can read .vdb files (OpenVDB v6).

Liquid and smoke simulations files are simple files and easy to import, but fire simulation .vdb files contain two sets: the level set of the fluid and the Temperatures data.

YES!! Wonderful ! 

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382

An explosion example:

https://youtu.be/0tTaAqfGccw

• Alberto said:

I see you mention OpenVDB.  Will it be possible to import .vdb files that were generated in another program?

No, by the moment, the plugin only reads its own .vdb files.

However, it could be easily implemented.

What kind of .vdb files would you wish to import?

It would be nice if I could import fire/smoke/cloud VDBs from Houdini.  It's certainly an easier workflow using the VDBs directly then meshing and exporting/importing obj files.

Alberto said:

I see you mention OpenVDB.  Will it be possible to import .vdb files that were generated in another program?

No, by the moment, the plugin only reads its own .vdb files.

However, it could be easily implemented.

What kind of .vdb files would you wish to import?

It would be nice if I could import fire/smoke/cloud VDBs from Houdini.  It's certainly an easier workflow using the VDBs directly then meshing and exporting/importing obj files.

OK. That is not difficult to implement.

I have planned some updates. One of them will be oriented to extend the VDB files usage.

Here is the same explosion, but double-resolution simulation. Two methods of solution compared.

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115

Do you have approximate release date? Will it be for next year?

Veneris said:

Do you have approximate release date? Will it be for next year?

In fact, it's ready to be released. It should be live in the store very soon!

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

uhhh this that an error...?

Fludidos II is  released and costs $119.95  $83.97

surprise

• Is there some additional discount for those who owned the previous version? I look forward to the sweat drop effects, but not sure whether I can get the same effect as the demo. Is the sweat drop effect included in the tutorial/recipe?

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115

Is there some additional discount for those who owned the previous version? I look forward to the sweat drop effects, but not sure whether I can get the same effect as the demo. Is the sweat drop effect included in the tutorial/recipe?

I just saw that it's already launched, I was camping here to see that. There should be a discount.

• Veneris said:

Is there some additional discount for those who owned the previous version? I look forward to the sweat drop effects, but not sure whether I can get the same effect as the demo. Is the sweat drop effect included in the tutorial/recipe?

I just saw that it's already launched, I was camping here to see that. There should be a discount.

Same. Paying $83 USD from someone who bought the previous version (plus all addons, except for the blender/mixer addon set) doesn't seem right IMO.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    edited November 2019

It would be nice with the upgrade price for owners of the previous version, but it does not happen at the moment.

I am not French, but c'est la vie

Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,861
    Alberto said:
    Artini said:

Nice.
    Could you do in FLUIDOS something similar to:
    https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-honey-vol-1
    and
    https://www.daz3d.com/gnbd-honey-vol-2

Yes!

See this:

Does the above is included with FLUIDOS II as a recipe?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,328
    edited November 2019
    gerster said:

uhhh this that an error...?

Fludidos II is  released and costs $119.95  $83.97

surprise

Is there some additional discount for those who owned the previous version? 

Wow, really pricey!  I like it and have wislisted it; but I have already invested in the original when it came out not too long ago as well as most of the preset packs. Without a substantially reduced upgrade price I can't afford to get this one

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

I understand your concerns. I foresaw them.

Yes, I know is pricey compared to the original Fluidos. But I can't afford to sell a lower price. It takes me 9 months of hard work to create Fluidos II plus 2 months of testing by the DAZ team.

On the other hand:

• All the previous Presets work with Fluidos II. And they can work better and faster.
    • Fluidos Companion is updated (for free, of course) for compatibility with Fluidos II as well (in brief should be available the update 1.0.2)
    • As with the original Fluidos, there will be some substantial free updates. Some of them are already planned, but I 'd like to hear your wishings.

About the sweat drops, in brief, I will show how I did it (in fact, Fluidos v1.3 can also do it, but not as good).

And the honey, I can create a freebie so you can see the settings (this way, I can share the honey spoon also)

• Alberto said:

I understand your concerns. I foresaw them.

Yes, I know is pricey compared to the original Fluidos. But I can't afford to sell a lower price. It takes me 9 months of hard work to create Fluidos II plus 2 months of testing by the DAZ team.

On the other hand:

• All the previous Presets work with Fluidos II. And they can work better and faster.
    • Fluidos Companion is updated (for free, of course) for compatibility with Fluidos II as well (in brief should be available the update 1.0.2)
    • As with the original Fluidos, there will be some substantial free updates. Some of them are already planned, but I 'd like to hear your wishings.

About the sweat drops, in brief, I will show how I did it (in fact, Fluidos v1.3 can also do it, but not as good).

And the honey, I can create a freebie so you can see the settings (this way, I can share the honey spoon also)

Not even with a coupon/code? Damn, It seems like I'll won't buy it. Way too expensive, and many here also agree.

• FirePro9FirePro9 Posts: 455

FYI: Today PC+ Members Only--Get 20% OFF your entire order when you use coupon code:  LUVIN-THE-PC

With this coupon Fluidos II =  $67.18

Also, 10% off gift cards + 20% off (LUVIN-THE-PC) = 28% off 

So, buy a $68 gift card for $48 and you can buy Fluidos II for essentially $50.

• FirePro9 said:

FYI: Today PC+ Members Only--Get 20% OFF your entire order when you use coupon code:  LUVIN-THE-PC

How to a use a gift card for myself?

• How long does it take to get a serial number after purchase?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    FirePro9 said:

Ahh rats, forgot to to use that coupon - I thought it had expired

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

How long does it take to get a serial number after purchase?

Have you checked in your account dashboard/serial numbers   https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    FirePro9 said:

Give your own address as recipient so you receive the card code, then redeem that code.

• Chohole said:

How long does it take to get a serial number after purchase?

Have you checked in your account dashboard/serial numbers   https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

I did and I only have numbers for Fluidos I.

• Considering the improvements I think the price is fair, and as it has already been mentioned, you can reduce the price a lot with the coupons and being smart with gift cards.

Anyway, looking great! My main problem with Fluidos is that I was never able to remove a "staircase" effect when clear liquid interacted with round objects. The comparisons shared here tells me that should be greatly improved in Fluidos II, sooo... buying it today :)

• I think the price is fair, we are coming up to Black Friday sales though, and there is only so far I can spread my budget.  This is going on the wishlist, I will pick it up at some time in the future, it just isn't something I need immediatly and I've got a feeling I am going to need the dollars elsewhere.  It looks like a great job, and I will be buying it.

Here is the procedure to create the sweat drops.

I created a sphere primitive and overlapped with Floyd head.

The sphere in the domain.

I parented a Fluidos source to the sphere. Change the Geometric type to Any node, and set the randomness to 0.995. Velocity (x) is 0. This way, the sphere surface will be a source of drops. I chose the sphere instead of Floyd himself as a source to get more control of the drops (I didn't the drops all over the head of Floyd).

These are the settings of the bottom sink:

The main settings of the Fluidos Domain:

The gravity force Y was reduced to -6.0

Here are the Advanced Settings. Notice that the Meshing type is Trail. This one extends the mesh in the direction of flow so the flowing drops have a more elongated geometry instead of spherical one.

In my case, I disabled OpenCL because I get more speed from the CPU (my graphic card is old)

• Leana said:
    FirePro9 said:

Give your own address as recipient so you receive the card code, then redeem that code.

i know that. i'm talking about adding money to the card (like how much money do i need to add and will that mean i have to spend more just to save an extra 10% on checkout?)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    Leana said:
    FirePro9 said:

i know that. i'm talking about adding money to the card (like how much money do i need to add and will that mean i have to spend more just to save an extra 10% on checkout?)

Fluidos II with the intro discount and the LUVIN-THE-PC coupon (which is multi-uses) is 67.18$, so you would need a gift card for at least 68$ if you don't have store credit already.

A 68$ gc should be $48.96 in the cart with the 10% off and the LUVIN-THE-PC coupon.

Once you've redeemed it you can buy Fluidos II with the store credit you have (don't forget to use coupon again).

Basically you spend 49$ of real money to get the product.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

I now seem to have 2 x FluidOS licence codes and none for FlyuidOS II.  Tried both, but neither work to register FluidOS II

• Has the install process been streamlined? The first version was a nightmare to get installed and functioning.