FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• I still want to know about the install process. That is the break or make question for me.

The previous version took so much finagling to get it functional.

Hmm... Did you try Fluidos when it was just released or have you tried to install it recently? In the beginning, it had its problems but iirc I just installed version 1.3 directly with the IM, activated the plugin like any other plugin and that's it. That seems to be also the case with Fluidos II but with the serial number issue I haven't been able to activate it yet. You also have to remove Fluidos 1.3 if you are going to install Fluidos 2.

This was probably early on. There was a part that needed to be installed through DIM. Then another part that had to be downloaded and unzipped. Then you had to find the right files in the unzipped directory and copy them over to a certain directory. And, if I remember correctly, there was a step after that (not including the serial number) to get it functional.

• I'm not sure what issues you were having, I just know I installed the original version through DIM and didn't need to do any of that...
  • I still want to know about the install process. That is the break or make question for me.

Hmm... Did you try Fluidos when it was just released or have you tried to install it recently? In the beginning, it had its problems but iirc I just installed version 1.3 directly with the IM, activated the plugin like any other plugin and that's it. That seems to be also the case with Fluidos II but with the serial number issue I haven't been able to activate it yet. You also have to remove Fluidos 1.3 if you are going to install Fluidos 2.

This was probably early on. There was a part that needed to be installed through DIM. Then another part that had to be downloaded and unzipped. Then you had to find the right files in the unzipped directory and copy them over to a certain directory. And, if I remember correctly, there was a step after that (not including the serial number) to get it functional.

I think there were some problems, with the installation packages rather than Fluidos as such, but they were fixed I'm pretty sure.

• I'm not sure what issues you were having, I just know I installed the original version through DIM and didn't need to do any of that...

There was a whole thread on here with the instructions that had to be followed and which steps had to be in what order. Can't find it right now, can only find the private emails trying to sort out the issues.

• I think you are referring to the whole OpenCL issue some of us had problems with. I could never get it to work when it was Fluidos was new, but it works just fine for me now.

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,382
    edited November 2019

This is a scene originally created in Fluidos v1.3 (here is the video https://youtu.be/HfgU0_M0A1I)

The following images show the differences when is calculated in Fluidos v1.3 and Fluidos II, the same setting, except that the subdivision level. 

FLUIDOS v1.3 Subdivision level 3, filter applied, 2 iterations (default) FLUIDOS II Subdivision level 2.0, Gaussian filter, 1 iteration (default)

Compare the drops on the skin in both images.

This is the simulation in Fluidos II with Subdivision level = 1.0

Here, a different frame, with subdivision level =1.0. gaussian filter 1 iterations.

Next the same scene, but the Marker size particle was changed from 3.0 to 1.0 to get a less "thick" fluid.

Next, Subdivision level is changed to 2.0 to get more detail without changing the resolution (cell size)

On top of those settings,  Gaussian filter 2 iterations

This time, instead of Gaussian filter, Mean Curvature is applied, 6 iterations

Here, using Mean filter, 6 iterations

FLUIDOS II, in fact, has a new simulation engine. far better than the Fluidos v1.3 one.

Post edited by Alberto on

I still want to know about the install process. That is the break or make question for me.

That was only for those who didn't want to use the DIM to install the plugin. If you use the DIM, the installation is as usual, with no extra steps.

I think you are referring to the whole OpenCL issue some of us had problems with. I could never get it to work when it was Fluidos was new, but it works just fine for me now.

Yes, the OpenCL issue with some graphic cards was solved some time ago.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 574

For everyone who's upset about the price, remember, at Daz, there's always another sale. According to Alberto, he's accounting for that. I wouldn't buy it at full price (sorry Alberto ;) ). But I got it yesterday for about $54 with discounts and after taxes. That seemed reasonable. If you missed one deal, there will likely be another sooner or later. 

I hope you do good with Fluidos II Alberto. It's great to have people like you working on new Studio features for us to use.

Quasar said:

For everyone who's upset about the price, remember, at Daz, there's always another sale. According to Alberto, he's accounting for that. I wouldn't buy it at full price (sorry Alberto ;) ). But I got it yesterday for about $54 with discounts and after taxes. That seemed reasonable. If you missed one deal, there will likely be another sooner or later. 

I hope you do good with Fluidos II Alberto. It's great to have people like you working on new Studio features for us to use.

Thank you! smiley

This is the FLUIDOS II version of the old Rain and washing in Fluidos for Daz Studio.

• emu42emu42 Posts: 50

Also got the wrong serial number and submitted a ticket about that. Has anyone gotten word from support about this issue yet?

emu42 said:

Also got the wrong serial number and submitted a ticket about that. Has anyone gotten word from support about this issue yet?

I guess that due to the holiday they won't answer before Monday. sad

I also reported the issue to DAZ.

In the meantime, if you wish, you could try this temporary fix:https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5118676/#Comment_5118676

• emu42 said:

Nope, they work monday-friday, and with Thanksgiving we all pretty much already assumed it won't get fixed at least until monday

• emu42 said:

It seems unlikely it will be fixed before next week, I'm afraid. There's no need to submit individual tickets at this stage as I'm sure Daz will give all of us a new serial once they deal with the matter. In the meantime you can use the time-limited version, for Windos 64, that Alberto has posted https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5118676/#Comment_5118676

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

about the need to uninstall fluidos 1.3 before installing fluidos 2:

if we're uninstalling through DIM, which packages exactly do we need to remove?  just FLUIDOS for DAZ Studio (Win 64-bit) and FLUIDOS for Daz StudioContent?  should the old tutorials go, too?

and will FLUIDOS Companion and FLUIDOS Preset packages still work with FLUIDOS II?

thanks--

j

will our

jardine said:

about the need to uninstall fluidos 1.3 before installing fluidos 2:

if we're uninstalling through DIM, which packages exactly do we need to remove?  just FLUIDOS for DAZ Studio (Win 64-bit) and FLUIDOS for lDaz StudioContent?  should the old tutorials go, too?

Just FLUIDOS for DAZ Studio (Win 64-bit). 

jardine said:

and will FLUIDOS Companion and FLUIDOS Preset packages still work with FLUIDOS II?

Yes, they will.

In fact, Companion was updated to v1.02 for compatibility (in brief, should be available in your DIM)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thank you, Alberto. 

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 2019

From what I see, we only have to wait until they give valid serial numbers.

Post edited by Veneris on
    jardine said:

thank you, Alberto. 

You're welcome

Veneris said:

From what I see, we only have to wait until they give valid serial numbers.

Yes. Let me know when you get the Serial number, please.

This is the FLUIDOS Presets: Waves, calculated with FLUIDOS II

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115
    edited December 2019

Still nothing, without serial number for Fluidos II.

Post edited by Veneris on
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,517

No Fluido II serials in sight.......

Sorry!

In the meantime, if you wish, you could try this temporary fix:https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5118676/#Comment_5118676

• Finally got my serial number and I got to say... Alvin.... good job, sir.... good job *slow clapping*

Loaded the last scene I made using Fluidos 1.3, which took me 17h to simulate 60 frames using cell size 0.5, subdiv 3, smoothing 7 and right now I don't remember the rest of the settings, and I still got a staircase effect around round objects, minor but still there. Simulated it again with Fluidos 2, cell size 1.5, same settings... took me 3h... and it looks amazing. Sadly, I can't share it because it has nudity but I'll be making something SFW soon so I can share. Really, one of the best purchases I've made recently, if not the best.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

Just checked s a FluidOS II sewrial number is now in my serial number list

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,517

Yes Got it!

SimonJM said:

Just checked s a FluidOS II sewrial number is now in my serial number list

Totte said:

Yes Got it!

This is good!

Finally got my serial number and I got to say... Alvin.... good job, sir.... good job *slow clapping*

Loaded the last scene I made using Fluidos 1.3, which took me 17h to simulate 60 frames using cell size 0.5, subdiv 3, smoothing 7 and right now I don't remember the rest of the settings, and I still got a staircase effect around round objects, minor but still there. Simulated it again with Fluidos 2, cell size 1.5, same settings... took me 3h... and it looks amazing. Sadly, I can't share it because it has nudity but I'll be making something SFW soon so I can share. Really, one of the best purchases I've made recently, if not the best.

Thank you!

The old subdivision level, Surface smoothing value and Surface smoothing iterations have somehow different functionality in Fluidos II, thus, if you load a Fluidos v1.3 scene, these properties appear in their default value. Increasing the iterations of the new Smoothing property could suppress any residual staircase effect. But notice that the new filters have a way stronger effect on the mesh that the old filter. If the effect is too strong, change the Gaussian filter for the Mean filter. Gaussian filter is four times stronger than the Mean filter.

However, the old smoothing and subdivision properties are still there, if you choose to run the old Engine Fluidos I (at Advanced Settings - Engine) instead of the new one.

• I got my Fluidos II serial, but after I restart DAZ my Fluidos I plugin is asking for it's serial number, and when I do and restart DAZ, Fluidos II is asking for the serial number again! I can't have both Fluidos plugins activated at the same time!

edited December 2019

I got my Fluidos II serial, but after I restart DAZ my Fluidos I plugin is asking for it's serial number, and when I do and restart DAZ, Fluidos II is asking for the serial number again! I can't have both Fluidos plugins activated at the same time!

You must uninstall Fluidos v1.3 plugin. They cannot work side by side.

After all, you don't need Fluidos v1.3 active if you have Fluidos II. If, for any reason, you want to use the v1.3 engine , go to the Fluidos Domain Advanced Settings - Engine property and select the Fluidos I engine (it works as the v1.3, but faster). 

Fluidos II has included both engines.

Post edited by Alberto on

The manual (64599_fluidos2manual.pdf) must be in your library ReadMe's folder.

I know, they say "Nobody reads the manual", and many times this is true, including for me. sad But it could be very helpful, I think.