FLUIDOS II for Daz Studio - update 2.2 [commercial]

Comments

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 681

It crashes after a while. Do the collision objects need to be entirely in the domaine?

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,383

Granville said:

It crashes after a while. Do the collision objects need to be entirely in the domaine?

No, they didn't.

Could you upload a screenshot of your Domain Main Settings, please?

• Hi

I've tried to figure this one out for some time, cant get my head around it. Is it possible to share the settings for this effect https://youtu.be/yJkERwfxCew

runidjurhuus said:

Hi

I've tried to figure this one out for some time, cant get my head around it. Is it possible to share the settings for this effect https://youtu.be/yJkERwfxCew

Hi!

That video is for Fluidos for Carrara.

For Fluidos II for Daz Studio, see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3m9LkFyAzM

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,907

Pretty amazing, what one can do with Fluidos II.

I just do not have a time to dig in, right now, and still have no idea, what settings to change

to get the particular behavior.

• mrcmrc Posts: 4

Hi it is I again with another little conundrum.

I'm trying to create a union between 7 sets of .vdb's. I have followed the instructions in the manual and also using the tutorial.

However at the final stage when I enable the union mesher I see nothing at any stage of completion. The mesher is pointed towards the baked files folder, that I set in the domain, and it is in the same place as the domain.

The bakefiles folder for the union has .vdb files in it and .ply files. So I am assuming that it is uniting the different .vdb sets however there is nothing in logs or savestates. I have tried remeshing using the union .vdb's but the mesh remains obstinately absent.

What am I missing?

mrc said:

Hi it is I again with another little conundrum.

I'm trying to create a union between 7 sets of .vdb's. I have followed the instructions in the manual and also using the tutorial.

However at the final stage when I enable the union mesher I see nothing at any stage of completion. The mesher is pointed towards the baked files folder, that I set in the domain, and it is in the same place as the domain.

The bakefiles folder for the union has .vdb files in it and .ply files. So I am assuming that it is uniting the different .vdb sets however there is nothing in logs or savestates. I have tried remeshing using the union .vdb's but the mesh remains obstinately absent.

What am I missing?

Hi!

I understand that you can see the .vdb files and the ,ply files in the result folder (the one that was pointed in the domain used for the union). Could you post a screenshot of that folder, please?

Were each the 7 seven simulations run the same number of frames? 

• mrcmrc Posts: 4

Each of the seven simulations was run for the same number of frames and within the same domain (moved fluid mass each time and changed bake folder to create seven different simulations).

Folders 01 - 07 are the original simulations. 00 is the union bake folder. The folder union is when I tried running it a second time and remesh is when I copied it and tried remeshing to see if that made a difference (it didn't).

When it asks me for the union frames it goes from 0 to 31 and I just let it run like that despite there being only 30 frames, could that be the problem (in your manual it suggests it isn't but like I said I'm flummoxed.)

I've got two more questions as a result btw

1) If I was to move one of the simulations in the animation timeline, say five seconds later, and ran the union for an additional five frames would that simulation start five frames in?

2) Is it possible to save a mesh at the end of a simulation as a static object?

bakedfiles screenshot.jpg
    1030 x 792 - 185K

mrc said:

When it asks me for the union frames it goes from 0 to 31 and I just let it run like that despite there being only 30 frames, could that be the problem (in your manual it suggests it isn't but like I said I'm flummoxed.)

Don't worry. It says 0 as the starting frame and 31 as the number of frames (this is because, from frame 0 to frame 30 there are 31 frames, in fact). The 0 frame is the initial state of the simulation. 

mrc said:

I've got two more questions as a result btw

1) If I was to move one of the simulations in the animation timeline, say five seconds later, and ran the union for an additional five frames would that simulation start five frames in?

2) Is it possible to save a mesh at the end of a simulation as a static object?

1) The simulation always starts from the first frame (0) in the timeline. But you can do the union in any range of frames.

2) Not sure if I understood you, but you can export the mesh at any frame in the timeline as a static object.

About your main problem, I can see  that your vdb files are not void. I cannot see if the .ply flies aren't void, but thet should be OK (If you want to confirm this. see if the size of the .ply files are more thant 1KB)..

Try to disable the mesher and reenable again. If this don't work, could you post the properties of the Mesher that points to the folder of results, please?

• Hi, Alvin and friends.

How would I go about simulating a waterfall? I tried with the older Tropical Bundle, but the gemeotry is solid.

Granville said:

Hi, Alvin and friends.

How would I go about simulating a waterfall? I tried with the older Tropical Bundle, but the gemeotry is solid.

Hi!

Use a closed-mesh terrain, set it inside a Fluidos Domain; add a source to get the water, and run enough frames (or stabilizations steps) to get a continuos flow. You can use a sink to avoid floodings (and the less fluid the faster the simulation.

If the terrain is not closed-mesh, the simulation will fail. However, Fluidos Companion can close open-mesh terrains.

• Hi what pathway do I choose for my new windows when installing? can't remember being asked about it when I installed it on my mac.

runidjurhuus said:

Hi what pathway do I choose for my new windows when installing? can't remember being asked about it when I installed it on my mac.

Did the DIM ask you that? Strange.

The plugin should be installed in the same disk and folder where Daz Studio was installed.

• Hi Alberto, no I used Daz Central. Thanks, I'll do that :)

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 414

Wait, can FluidOSII not work with animated characters set as the collision source? 

I want to have a character keyframed to run their hand through a river and on my first try the simulation merely reacted to the position of the character in the first frame. Please tell me there's some kind of workaround cause FluidOS 2 is pretty amazing overall but obviously this narrows my options. 

Diaspora said:

Wait, can FluidOSII not work with animated characters set as the collision source? 

I want to have a character keyframed to run their hand through a river and on my first try the simulation merely reacted to the position of the character in the first frame. Please tell me there's some kind of workaround cause FluidOS 2 is pretty amazing overall but obviously this narrows my options. 

Of course, it works with animated characters. Did you set Enable moving obstacles (Fuidos Domain) to ON?

• DiasporaDiaspora Posts: 414

OH! Ok, I did now and yeah that changes everything, thanks.

For what you're offering compared to other software, Parsis and FluidOS II are extremely cheap. I look forward to a long and productive relationship with these plugins

Diaspora said:

OH! Ok, I did now and yeah that changes everything, thanks.

For what you're offering compared to other software, Parsis and FluidOS II are extremely cheap. I look forward to a long and productive relationship with these plugins

You're welcome. Glad you like them!

• Tried DIM, asks me the same :/

runidjurhuus said:

Tried DIM, asks me the same :/

Could you post a snapshot of the message, please?

• Yes, this is what happens when I install, it stops at 99% asks me to install microsoft visual c++, then I press install, and i get this error message.

Its on danish, translated to english, it says: Another version of this product is already installed, the installation cannot continue. If you want to configurate or remove an existing versin of this product, use the remove/add funtion under programs.

• Ill post the screenshots later today

• runidjurhuusrunidjurhuus Posts: 24
    edited March 2021

here

IMG_1130.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 5M
    Post edited by runidjurhuus on
  • and here is the log file

IMG_1132aaa.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 3M
  • It would be better to use a tool for taking a screen shot in the operating system - e.g. the Snipping Tool/Snip and Sketch for WIndows) - and to upload the text file of the log directly as an attachment.

• Yes of course, here is the log file :)

log
    log
    dd_vcredist_amd64_20210319170301.log
  • It looks like I've managed to get it to work, haven't tested it out thoroughly yet though, but I managed to register the serial number and I've done a couple of simulation which worked out just the way they should. One thing I noticed though is that my Mac version (64-bit) takes up 44 mb space, and the windows (64-bit) version only takes up 6.7 mb space, seems a bit strange they're not similar in sizes, but anyway it's working nicely for now.

runidjurhuus said:

here

Don't worry about this, the runtime is already in your system.

runidjurhuus said:

It looks like I've managed to get it to work, haven't tested it out thoroughly yet though, but I managed to register the serial number and I've done a couple of simulation which worked out just the way they should. One thing I noticed though is that my Mac version (64-bit) takes up 44 mb space, and the windows (64-bit) version only takes up 6.7 mb space, seems a bit strange they're not similar in sizes, but anyway it's working  for now.

Yes, it's because the size of the libraries (those in /libs). It's OK.

• Great, thank you Alvin, I purchased your Parsis yesterday, what an amazing product as well

runidjurhuus said:

Great, thank you Alvin, I purchased your Parsis yesterday, what an amazing product as well

Thank you, Runidjurhuus!