FOR Daz Dog 8

3ddd_a6610994553ddd_a661099455 Posts: 24
edited December 2019 in Product Suggestions

[FOR Daz Dog 8] A realistic Chihuahua -- with attention to the bug-out eyes and nasty snarl...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Funnily enough, at first glance I read that as bug-eyed.... as in with the eyes of an insect.  THAT might make for an interesting mod, too.  Hehehe. Mutant chihuahas!  :D :D

• my dream is a pug. i know there is a toon pug but .....nope

• Funnily enough, at first glance I read that as bug-eyed.... as in with the eyes of an insect.  THAT might make for an interesting mod, too.  Hehehe. Mutant chihuahas!  :D :D

Our mods look funny enough without adding insect eyes to them, thank you.

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,935
    edited December 2019

>>Collapses in a fit of giggles<<

Well, obviously I meant modifiers/add-ons to the character.  I forget what the appropriate term was for that in Daz Studio stuff.  That said, I do wonder what other sorts of dog species and dog-like-critters we could concoct for Daz Dog 8.

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    I would love not only a chihuahua and pug but a BritishBuldog would be AWESOME! :)
  • Yep, we definitely need more breeds for the DAZ Dog 8. I would especially like a Cocker Spaniel.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I would like for Measure Metrics / Figure Metrics to be extended to work with DAZ Dog 8, Ultimate Millenium Dog Pack, DAZ House Cat, DAZ Horse 2, and DAZ Big Cat 2. 

• While the subject line says "FOR Daz Dog 8" and doesn't give specific details, I think there should be further animations involving such product.  Such as animations for sniffing, a la Scooby-Doo.

• How about a cartoon dog like Scooby Doo!?
  • hfilbhfilb Posts: 63

Or dForce Hair/Fur for Daz Dog 8. The default diffuse map looks very ugly up close :(

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited December 2019

This has fur shaders that look better than the default, but not dForce: https://www.daz3d.com/oso-fur-shaders-for-iray

Post edited by frankrblow on

This has fur shaders that look better than the default, but not dForce: https://www.daz3d.com/oso-fur-shaders-for-iray

Yep Oso did great with that. I do wish we got some real geometry though as that can be used outside of Iray and in other render engines. 'Fur can be approximated procedurally but, well, it doesn't shine like actual fur does. Here's hoping :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,115

I want more breeds for the dog 8.  I only got default, lab and dachshund.  I think there are others but I do not have them yet.

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited January 2020
    I don't have this product, but I think the furs available for dForce Oso Pooka for Daz Dog 8 can be used with other dog 8 breeds.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

a luck dragon  falcor!!

I don't have this product, but I think the furs available for dForce Oso Pooka for Daz Dog 8 can be used with other dog 8 breeds.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out!

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

You can use the Pooka fur on other stuff, just keep in mind it was designed as short hair, and will probably look best with short hair breeds.

• Mystarra said:

a luck dragon  falcor!!

Haha!  I HAVE seen a lot of people describe Falcor here as looking like a doggy in that movie.  :D

Is there any dog treats for DS or Poser?  How about dog toys?  Dog toys that have been played with dog for years?

• cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 354
    edited January 2020

Sorry. Did a doudle post on accident while trying to edit post with new link.

Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • Puppy Playtime Props and Dogs at Play Props and Poses both have props such as bones, balls, frisbees and dog bowls. Chew Time Props for Daz Dog(s) 8 has toys and snacks.

• Hmm... has anyone requested morphing doggy droppings? I could imagine a scene or two with the dog owner standing over his/her embarassed canine pointing at the fresh wet brown artifacts laying in a neat little pile on the carpet.

• ^ No.  No.  Anything but that.

• Renderotica has a prop named Fudge which is a morphable doody, but it's ancient.  Mind you, that one's meant to be from a human, not a doggy, but might still be usable.

On the other hand, these two packages have dog doody's in them:

https://www.daz3d.com/naughty-dog-props-and-poses-for-daz-dog-8

https://www.daz3d.com/dog-waste-station-and-props

....but I don't get the impression they're morphable.

• My vote would be for a border collie.

My vote would be for a border collie.

I want a border collie too!

how about a dog with dForce hair on ears.  Something similar to Lady in Lady and the Tramp? 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

My vote would be for a border collie.

I want a border collie too!

how about a dog with dForce hair on ears.  Something similar to Lady in Lady and the Tramp? 

Sounds like an excellent idea to me!  Also a West Highland White Terrier. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• How about making some Female dogs.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I saw a regular collie today (aka Lassie) and it was gorgeous. Immaculately groomed and hair like silk swaying back and forth as she (he?) trotted at the end of her leash.

How about making some Female dogs.

I thought there was a female dog morph, but now I am not sure.