FOR Daz Dog 8

2»

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The male rough (or Lassie) collie tends to be larger and has a thicker, fuller, more impressive coat, which was why Lassie in the film was actually played by a male collie.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,115

Is there a pregnant dog morph? What about puppies?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

How about making some Female dogs.

I thought there was a female dog morph, but now I am not sure.

Yes, by default the DAZ Dog 8 is a male but you dial in the morph and he changes into a female.

Chohole said:

The male rough (or Lassie) collie tends to be larger and has a thicker, fuller, more impressive coat, which was why Lassie in the film was actually played by a male collie.

The collie I saw must of been a male then I guess. It's when I see dogs like that and behaving so well too that I think I want a pet dog. Nothing like my neighbors dogs at all.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited January 2020

I loved my collies,  even if they did need a lot of grooming.  My first one was a sable ( the one every one thinks of as Lassie colour   and her name was Golden Lady Ginnette,  known as Ginny.  when I heard of a collie bitch the same age being in need of a good home and some TLC  I took her on as well, she was a tri-colour and called Astasias Black Astra,  but answered to Kim.

The best way to get a well behaved, trained dog is dog training classes.   Ginny and I went from when she was 6 monts old,  and we won lots of obedience rosettes and she also had a Road Safety certificate for being safe to walk around town without a lead and be well behaved.  That test was staged in a council depot, with vehicles moving around and ver realistic, although of course the drivers were all aware of what was going on. I was know around town as "the Lady with the lovely dogs"   Once my eldest was old enough for school The dogs quite happily herded 5  five year old children on a mile walk to school through the Park and back home after school.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Well, I didn't see the breeds requested in this thread - yet. Though perhaps these other new ones may be the beginning of a trend?  angel

That's so cool, Chohole! When I was a kid, I had half ... miniature? ... sheltie. A stray dog visited the mama before her expected suitor arrived, so the breeder gave away the resulting pups for free.  I did a quick search, and found a picture online that looks a lot like my dog did ... behind her head, except for two largish "freckles" on one hip, her fur was all white.

After my health collapsed, I couldn't keep up with taking care of a dog anymore (had to give her away). I've had cats, nearly ever since. They can be fun, also. wink

Anyhow, if a 3D dog resembling that were to show up in the store, it would surely live in my wishlist until I could afford to "adopt" it into my runtime! laugh

Chohole said:

I loved my collies,  even if they did need a lot of grooming.  My first one was a sable ( the one every one thinks of as Lassie colour   and her name was Golden Lady Ginnette,  known as Ginny.  when I heard of a collie bitch the same age being in need of a good home and some TLC  I took her on as well, she was a tri-colour and called Astasias Black Astra,  but answered to Kim.

The best way to get a well behaved, trained dog is dog training classes.   Ginny and I went from when she was 6 monts old,  and we won lots of obedience rosettes and she also had a Road Safety certificate for being safe to walk around town without a lead and be well behaved.  That test was staged in a council depot, with vehicles moving around and ver realistic, although of course the drivers were all aware of what was going on. I was know around town as "the Lady with the lovely dogs"   Once my eldest was old enough for school The dogs quite happily herded 5  five year old children on a mile walk to school through the Park and back home after school.

I will never get a dog unless it's been guide dog trained, I guess just obedience trained, but that done, one would be great.

• EeyoreEeyore Posts: 30

If I had one choice for a breed, it would be a schnauzer; any variation, too.  To me it wouldn't matter, miniature, standard, or giant.  Make it with the option with/without docked ears and tail, too.

• I can't find a golden retriever...

• I really am glad I got the DAZ Dog 8 when it was marked down greatly.  The Millennium Dog only had the male option, and could not hide the private parts.  DAZ Dog 8 is so much better.

However, I will have to buy the dog motions for DAZ Dog 8 on Renderosity someday.