Howler - Project Dogwaffle Pro!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,229
    edited April 2023

This is going to be Fantastic!!!

If you haven't yet, Check This Out! Painting with 3D objects in Howler!!!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Tiffanie Gray - IDLM said:

Since PD Howler 2023 is Fresh in the store and people will start asking things....

There is a free webinar overview next Saturday 25, 2023. https://digitalartlive.com/event/new-pd-howler-2023-powerful-for-painting-animating-particles-and-3d/

I'm also always happy to answer questions about PD Howler, and my YouTube tutorials about the older version are at YouTube - ImmortalMomentsArt

I'm really looking forward to this, Tiffanie!

I've never done one of these before. I think it's going to be really neat to be in a classroom with you, so I can interactively absorb this. And Howler is the perfect tool to do this with!

Art in Motion!!!

Signed up, seatbelt on!

Kinda crazy. how this all works. So we get the Live session, but then Paul turns it into a fully searchable resource that I'll be able to access at any time. Am I getting this right? 

I just got onto Digital Art Live and having fun making posts. I must say, I'm currently feeling like a little kid with a handful of candy, lost in a museum! An Art Museum! So much to see!

edited April 2023

This one is showcasing a lot of the tools I use.

Looks like Philip is taking us deep into all of that as well!

I love the differences:

You (Tiffanie) teach me things about Howler (or Artist) that I never knew - tools and workflows, functions and features...

Philip teaches me the how-tos for the animation aspects and getting deep into filter useage. 

Both of you are a joy to me and I want to let you know that. Howler is amazing!

I get into my groove and stick with it throughout a project to be consistent. It's always nice to take time to explore Much Deeper!

I'm going to do that with Carrara as well. Philip and I were talking about how all of those example models that come with Carrara can be exported to OBJ and used in Howler. I bet Stezza's models would be Amazing to work with!

I'm currently using the same idea as I describe in this for the animated light gel to create magical VFX assets

• Hey Dart!

Yes, you are correct! You get the searchable video to go over again and again, it's some crazy AI stuff, I think to get it to do that. You type in a word, and it goes to all the places in the video where that shows up!

And Paul has just said that he's opening up individual sessions, too. So, if someone wants just a session on 3D, or just a session on Painting, they can just get that session!

Lots and lots to see that's new.
    I'm looking forward to talking to you, and anyone else who shows up live! Ask all the questions!

This is what is going on in Week 1 - This Saturday!
    https://www.digitalartlive.studio/posts/34986988

Fantastic!

Perfect timing too, because next month my rock band is booked solid through most of the sunny season, with a few more shows trickling in, so I'm going to be one tired little drummer boy!!!

Glad I'm in for the long haul. I'm very, Very comfortable with what I do in Howler, so it's time to dig deeper into it. It's time for me to add more techniques and just learn more about all of that crazy awesome stuff you and Philip know! :)

edited April 2023

So busy, So Fun... and we're really popular right now! We've been spending most of our winters in the studio getting tighter with the show, getting better with our craft, and investing in making the show a lot better.

We just got (last week) some amazing new robotic lights and a more portable truss to house them all. Really cool stuff!

Here's a glimpse of one of our shows last year where nobody knew who we were

• Woo Hoo! That looks fun!

Come on up! Drinks are on me! :)

I'm really busy with other projects right now, but with all of this AI business going on around me, I'm going to do a video presentation on LOI (lack of intellegence) Animating, where we shut off the 'thinking' and focus on the 'artistic'.

Howler is Beautiful for this, as I will demonstrate.

edited April 2023

Sounds like I'm being odd, but you'd be amazed at how wonderful this sort of workflow can be - especially when you're allowing some AI to do this sort of thing for you anyways. You'll see.

• Ooh! sounds intriguing!

I was all done with my main homework for the course, but still have little time for the Extra Credit options. I'll get it in before class resumes, but in the meantime, this was done for Extra Fun using some cool stuff Tiffanie taught me last week, and that Philip taught me in the PD Howler - Discover a Powerful Animation Toolset course sold here at Daz 3d:

Oh, and a fun fact about the above video - both the video and music are loopable, so it can just keep playing on and on - not quite as smoothly on YouTube as it is in my Media Player Classic, but....

• Awesome job!

Awesome job!

Ditto! Awesome job teaching this course! Wow! I'm learning so much more!!!

Not sure if you're assigning homework this week, but I'm going to do some anyway!!! :)

•  I did assign some, but it was pretty easy. Finish anything from last week that you didn't finish (which you finished everything). And then using the brushes provided, or your own brushes, paint a landscape from scratch! We are all getting our Bob Ross on!

Dartanbeck said:

Awesome job!

Not sure if you're assigning homework this week, but I'm going to do some anyway!!! :)

I did assign some, but it was pretty easy. Finish anything from last week that you didn't finish (which you finished everything). And then using the brushes provided, or your own brushes, paint a landscape from scratch! We are all getting our Bob Ross on!

Dartanbeck said:

Awesome job!

Yes!!!

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

hopefully I can attend next weeks session

We can learn together!

Some more homework - using tools that I'm learning along this amazing course. Looking forward to tomorrow!

These are rendered in Studio instead of Carrara, but I made a new thread for My 2023 Animation Demonstrations in case anyone wants to see what I've been up to.

No, I am not abandoning Carrara!!!

So Cool!!! 

We were downloading models, converting them to OBJ and opening them in Howler - turning them into paint brushes and animated brushes! It's So Cool how it all works!

Then we went into PuppyRay, and I started asking questions. Sorry, but not, because we ended up making an underwater scene with animated caustics and bubbles... again, Very Cool!

This whole Digital Art Live stuff is really neat how we can interact with the instructor(s) and then get a fully searchable copy of the course video(s) that we can watch over again when ever we need to. Loving this!

edited May 2023

We ran out of time in the session, but I was going to mention that the now free Underwater Realms EnvironKit for Carrara would be great for rendering animations and/or stills to be used with this whole under water topic! 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,083

Dartanbeck said:

This whole Digital Art Live stuff is really neat how we can interact with the instructor(s) and then get a fully searchable copy of the course video(s) that we can watch over again when ever we need to. Loving this!

I have had a few wonderful experiences with Digital Art Live coaches.  Great stuff.  yes

• You are a great student!

Here are the other threads for PDHowler if you want to follow them, too:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/291416/the-amazing-pd-howler-dogwaffle-tips-tricks-and-discussion-thread#latest
     https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/624876/can-we-talk-about-pd-howler-2023-available-here-now-commercial#latest

And I think there is another one or two that are very short, just people asking questions.

Dartanbeck said:

So Cool!!! 

We were downloading models, converting them to OBJ and opening them in Howler - turning them into paint brushes and animated brushes! It's So Cool how it all works!

Then we went into PuppyRay, and I started asking questions. Sorry, but not, because we ended up making an underwater scene with animated caustics and bubbles... again, Very Cool!

Thanks Tiffanie!

• Omega ManOmega Man Posts: 71

Hi, will the PD Howler Deep Dive course, which Dart refers to, become available in the Daz store ?

• I don't know that it will or not. That is up to the Daz QA team. They haven't been wanting PD Howler courses lately, but with this being a longer and searchable course, they might? I can't speak for them. If it is turned down by the Daz Store, then it might become available elsewhere. There are a couple of youtube channels with some of the basics (PD Howler, and Immortal Moments Art), but they are nowhere near as comprehensive as the course. Cross your fingers that it will get in! There is some amazing insights, tips and workflows in the course! 

Omega Man said:

Hi, will the PD Howler Deep Dive course, which Dart refers to, become available in the Daz store ?

For one of our weeks of homework (first week) we had two assignments: 1 - Color Grade an Image, and 2 - Fix an Image

I ended up deciding to do both to the same project - first the Fix, then the Color Grade.

I began with an old render of mine. I always liked this one, but with this homework assignment I felt it would be cool to replace my older V4 based Rosie with the current Genesis 3 version. I got this straight from my gallery:

Tiffanie showed us an incredible tool - the Replacer. The perfect tool to begin with, I need to erase most of the older Rosie image to make room for the new one. So here's a WIP of me using the Replacer tool:

After turning Rosie 4 into a hallway with cool little lights and such, I added the new Rosie 7 and then performed the color grading to come up with this.