Someone here had the same problem, importing Genesis into vue, poser route?...[SOLVED]

jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
edited March 2014 in The Commons

Hello,
I'm having this problem (the second picture) when importing Genesis characters in Vue 10 Complete.
In the first picture, this was rendered in Poser Pro 2012 ... No problem,
but vue ... saw a mess.
Anyone have any suggestions?
thank you

osveiorenders.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 142K
Render_4.png
1387 x 822 - 497K
Post edited by jorge dorlando on

Comments

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

I did a test with generation 3, and 4, and both matter Vue perfectly with your clothes fited
    the only problem is with the genesis ... DSON seems to have no effect on the characters when they come into vue

gera3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 111K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,864
    edited December 1969

I always go from DS to Vue when using Genesis. If you're gonna do static renders, have you tried export as Collada or .obj from Poser instead of using the Poser Import in Vue?

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I always go from DS to Vue when using Genesis. If you're gonna do static renders, have you tried export as Collada or .obj from Poser instead of using the Poser Import in Vue?

I intend to import animations in Vue.
    I came across this problem just because I import a pose of the characters in vue, to see the look of them in vue ... So this
    it seems that the script dson not attached to the characters vue ...

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited December 1969

For what I know, the problem is not the DSON import, but the Subdivison that creates the problem when importing a poser scene in Vue. The gen4 characters are not subdivided in poser, but genesis is.

My workaround to get genesis working in Vue is:

load/setup genesis
    disable the daz/genesis subdivision, either manual or by using the provided dson script in poser (this prevents the double character, but also gives a "blocky/lo res" figure)
    save & import the scene into vue
    In vue, adjust the SubD level using: Object edit 'Turbo Smooth mesh division' (not sure if this is available in all versions of Vue)

this image of genesis was setup in PP2014 and rendered in Vue 2014 using this workaround

PP2014_Genesis-test2a.jpg
    500 x 1000 - 202K
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    For what I know, the problem is not the DSON import, but the Subdivison that creates the problem when importing a poser scene in Vue. The gen4 characters are not subdivided in poser, but genesis is.

My workaround to get genesis working in Vue is:

load/setup genesis
    disable the daz/genesis subdivision, either manual or by using the provided dson script in poser (this prevents the double character, but also gives a "blocky/lo res" figure)
    save & import the scene into vue
    In vue, adjust the SubD level using: Object edit 'Turbo Smooth mesh division' (not sure if this is available in all versions of Vue)

this image of genesis was setup in PP2014 and rendered in Vue 2014 using this workaround

Well .. I followed your statement ... But still, the clothes and beard, boots, do not remain fited not, not yet.
    What did I realize is that the naked Genesis, import perfectly,
    Now, the character fitted with clothing, boots, beard ... the clothes and beards etc., seem to return to the previous state (before being fited in poser)
    Note:
    "The clothes here are PoserCF M3, and M4, Kids4 using auto-fit, Daz to transfer them to the genesis, the poser"
    semsucesso.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 347K
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Are you saving as a pz3 and then opening it up in Vue?

What happens if you load the figure, conform the clothing and then save the clothed figure the Poser library and then try to load it into Vue?

Rather than use autofit in DS have you tried to fit the clothing to Genesis in the fitting room?

edited February 2014

icprncss said:
    Are you saving as a pz3 and then opening it up in Vue?

What happens if you load the figure, conform the clothing and then save the clothed figure the Poser library and then try to load it into Vue?

Rather than use autofit in DS have you tried to fit the clothing to Genesis in the fitting room?

That's right, I PZ3 saved file, and then import into vue.
    about what you said:
    also is giving the same error
    I am now downloading a last update for poser: SR3.2
    I already have the update sr3.1, long time.
    edited December 1969

Well ..
    Today, I installed the update SR3.2 in Poser Pro 2012,
    vue uninstalled and reinstalled it again ...
    but there was no change, the problem continues ...

edited December 1969

Well, hello to everyone.
    The eon-support assisted me today, and finally the problem of clothes and boots not fited, it was just that ... the SDK was marked was the 2011 version
    From the moment I set, the SmithMicro Poser SDK (May 2012)
    genesis can then import in vue fited with their clothes ... But another problem not solved: The texture of the character (here using texture and UV M4 in Genesis)
    There are white areas, and it is possible to see some grays ... If someone can suggest something to solve this ...
    Otherwise, it will not be worth it for me to continue with Vue.

finalmente.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 65K
    edited December 1969

Ok, hadn't used M4 maps before on genesis in poser, so did a few tests

Ai, looks like a catch 22 situation....

In order to get genesis to import right in Vue, one needs to disable subdivison in poser.
    But doing this appears to 'break up' the M4 UV mapping in poser....
    (Oddly, this does not happen when with the V4 uv-mapping.....)

Puzzled here...

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Ok, hadn't used M4 maps before on genesis in poser, so did a few tests

Ai, looks like a catch 22 situation....

In order to get genesis to import right in Vue, one needs to disable subdivison in poser.
    But doing this appears to 'break up' the M4 UV mapping in poser....
    (Oddly, this does not happen when with the V4 uv-mapping.....)

Puzzled here...

Hmmm, thanks for the tip, so let me test the UV V4 in genesis and then post the result here.
    Hey, glaseye2, that post-production that always appears at the end of an internal rendering in Vue, there is a way to enable it, to the end of external renderings (rendercow)?
    I always waited for it at the end of rendering when the rendercow, but never appeared only when rendering in internal mode, then it starts at the end of rendering
    edited December 1969

Here, I just make applying UV V4 in genesis test, and import into vue ... really all ok, with the texture.

Untitled_(2).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 53K
    imagemhomulher.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 53K
    edited December 1969

at least that part works now :lol:

As to the rendercow and post render options, I haven't found that out myself.... last used the rendercow about 2 years ago with vue10, but now using vue2014, haven't even bothered yet with installing rendercow on my older systems for this version....

I guess the best place to ask this is in the e-on or cornucopia3d forums.....

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    at least that part works now :lol:

As to the rendercow and post render options, I haven't found that out myself.... last used the rendercow about 2 years ago with vue10, but now using vue2014, haven't even bothered yet with installing rendercow on my older systems for this version....

I guess the best place to ask this is in the e-on or cornucopia3d forums.....

Okay, I'll see it with eon-support.
    Now ... the previous post 2 pictures 2 all have a long beard ....
    And here I go again, I'm sorry for that, but now that the issue of texture, and the fit of the clothes were resolved, unfortunately the beard of the characters are hidden in their face.
    I'm trying something here, but not for solving ...
    Because these beards are not respecting the way they are saved in PZ3 format?
    the image below is a render in PP2012, naked character are the same images used in the previous post (with UV genesis V4)
    in Poser, beards are perfect them, but now when the import PZ3, beards are short ...
    sembarba.png
    1387 x 822 - 398K
    edited December 1969

When you import into vue beard is there, however, without the morphs:

Untitled2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 120K
    edited December 1969

I don't recognize the beard, so I probably don't have that one.....

Is the beard a conforming hair model? If so, instead of conforming the beard to genesis, you may try parenting the beard to genesis's head (though for animation, that may mean some more adjustments need to be done during the animation timeline for head movement and/or expressions). I prefer to do this with hair/beard models that are not made for genesis anyway, (but then, I do mostly stills, seldom animations).

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    I don't recognize the beard, so I probably don't have that one.....

Is the beard a conforming hair model? If so, instead of conforming the beard to genesis, you may try parenting the beard to genesis's head (though for animation, that may mean some more adjustments need to be done during the animation timeline for head movement and/or expressions). I prefer to do this with hair/beard models that are not made for genesis anyway, (but then, I do mostly stills, seldom animations).

Hello,
    good, 2 beards are conforming to genesis: "Unshaven Beard for Genesis" and the other is Neanderthal ...
    They were carrying on vue, as you can see in some pictures of previous post ... After the issue of clothing and textures (uv_set) have been resolved, now the beards stopped import into vue Loading morphs ....
    By the beard of the Prophet ... ...!!!
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    Now the question of beard, was resolved
    Ok then, with UV_set V4, then works perfect ...the texture has no gray areas, no more
    The question is ...:
    these 3 guys I'm customizing, are farmers / cowboy style, ie they do not have this skin princess, as the V4.
    Sorry for the ignorance, but there is not male texture for V4, right?
    anyone have any tips?

edited February 2014

Well, there are :lol:

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-gw1-4-male-bundle

But maybe it would be better to use M5 textures, if you have M5

Post edited by glaseye on
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Well, there are :lol:

http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-gw1-4-male-bundle

But maybe it would be better to use M5 textures, if you have M5

Wow, thank you!
    Well, I did not bought the M5,
    I have only the Genesis base that came with the free daz
    edited December 1969

well,
    these past days, I received some response eon forum:
    A User said he has no problem importing genesis in PZ3 format poser in Vue, about the textures.
    But here's the "x" of the matter:
    he is using Vue2014 and SmithMicro SDK October 2013

edited December 1969

Then he/she is very lucky
    I'm using Vue 2014 infinite with the same SDK...... not exactly flawless for me as told before....

edited March 2014

glaseye2 said:
    Then he/she is very lucky
    I'm using Vue 2014 infinite with the same SDK...... not exactly flawless for me as told before....

Seriously?
    Here :http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=95168&sid=f3ee682798e83a1537c32445375322ca&synch_f=1&_sid_=
    So ... I really feel ... dead end.
    glaseye2, you use or have used renders of vue, as background in poser?
    Suddenly I'm considering bringing scenarios de vue rendered for background / HDRI, for poser
    edited March 2014

Hmmm, read the cornucopia forum
    The member that says it uses the 2013 SDK and turns off subdivison is actually doing the same as I do
    But as I see no mention of M4 anywhere, I wouldn't be surprised if that person hasn't tried importing genesis with M4 textures
    I dare to bet that most people will use 'female' models and textures :)

As for using vue renders as background in poser, well, my skydome textures are created with vue.......
    And I use HDR maps created in Vue for UberEnvironment lights in Daz Studio and/or as a base to convert to the 'lightprobe' maps used by poser's IBL...

edited March 2014

Here my first test HDRI
    I downloaded this item: https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/environment-sphere
    the image was rendered in Vue in HDR format, then the poser material room, I applied this image as a texture on the environment-sphere
    But ... Something went wrong ... The image is blurry where I'm going wrong?

tenativhdri.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 310K
    edited March 2014

Ah yes, Bagginsbill's well known sphere (and a good one, BTW, with a good UV-mapping)

1st, what size (dimension) is the texture you applied? It is best to use at least a 8000x2000 (for a skydome) or a 8000x4000 texture (for a full sphere).
    And 2nd, I guess the image you posted is the preview window, that is always more blurry then the rendered image, just do a small test render to see the difference.....

BTW, you don't need to apply a HDR image to a dome or sphere in DS or Poser; it is not a lightsource
    The usual method is a large texture (,jpg) to the dome/sphere, and a matching HDR map to the IBL or UE2 light.

Large .HDR maps are not that usefull in Poser or DS. They are more useful for, yes, Vue, or for use in Luxrender (probably carrarra as well)

You may want to check out this site for some good HDR and Skydome maps

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Ah yes, Bagginsbill's well known sphere (and a good one, BTW, with a good UV-mapping)

1st, what size (dimension) is the texture you applied? It is best to use at least a 8000x2000 (for a skydome) or a 8000x4000 texture (for a full sphere).
    And 2nd, I guess the image you posted is the preview window, that is always more blurry then the rendered image, just do a small test render to see the difference.....

BTW, you don't need to apply a HDR image to a dome or sphere in DS or Poser; it is not a lightsource
    The usual method is a large texture (,jpg) to the dome/sphere, and a matching HDR map to the IBL or UE2 light.

Large .HDR maps are not that usefull in Poser or DS. They are more useful for, yes, Vue, or for use in Luxrender (probably carrarra as well)

You may want to check out this site for some good HDR and Skydome maps

http://www.hdrlabs.com/sibl/archive.html

think it was 1200x800,
    I posted the preview the window, because the surrender was worse.
    I'm rendering another now, the measures which you stated.
    let me see how it goes, and post the result here
    edited December 1969

Now renderizei to 8000x4000,
    improved a little ...

fazen.png
    1096 x 822 - 506K
    edited March 2014

Hmm. the house looks a bit more 'stretched' here.

I don't know your level of experience with Vue, so if you already know what follows below here, just ignore......

1 Did you render the texture map as a spherical render? That is needed if you make skydome or environment sphere maps.
    2 Did you adjust the picture quality setting when you saved the render? (For .jpg, Vue defaults to 70%)

1_render.JPG
    217 x 341 - 22K
    2_compression.JPG
    597 x 211 - 27K
    edited March 2014

I do not have this option gamma, not
    when to set where to save the render, I do not see this option in vue10complete not

falta.jpg
    1152 x 648 - 47K