Someone here had the same problem, importing Genesis into vue, poser route?...[SOLVED]

2»

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited December 1969

I guess the gamma option is only available in the infinite and xtreme versions of Vue, but it is not relevant in this case.
    The 'options' button gives you the tab/window in which to change the quality settings for the image to save.

• Arcane Von OblivionArcane Von Oblivion Posts: 149
    edited December 1969

I just came across this thread. Almost all the things that you had problems with I am wrestling with myself when I go to Vue. I've gotten to the point where I export OBJ MDD out import OBJ Sequence into Daz, Transfer that via DSON over to Poser, ......

That's to render Via Reality Luxrender for now....

But, I was trying to use Vue for the animations with dynamic hair clothes. it was my only way to get the animations into vue (With the exact same bends as they have in Daz) it will work, but, right now on my computer its just too slow to do I only have $ GB mem and the ATI card is on the board.

Let me close by saying this with my findings. The biggest problem in the beginning for me was that the bends I had in Daz were not the bends that were showing up in Poser when I was doing the DSON import. It imports the figure bones and a "General" weight map.(Not a Triax Wieght map which is my main problem. so the bends in Poser of any other program wont look as good as they do in DAZ.)

OBJ Sequence keeps them looking the same. Problem there is that Xstream and infinite are the only Vue packages that do MDD Sequence import. Complete does not.

I can tell you my work flow thus far but you need to have a good machine and its a long process that I'm still working on.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

Hi glaseye2
    Finally I can say that my question of "genesis in vue" is now resolved, and this in PZ3 format.
    Duarante these days I have also posted in forum Rendo, and finally a light!
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2878657&page=1
    The solution is to buy:
    TC2 - V4
    TC2 - Michael 4 Plug-in
    Texture Convertor 2 (TC2)
    and convert the textures of M4 to V4, and then using the uv_set V4, and all goes well.
    Here are some examples of texture M4 converted to V4, and applied in Genesis (PZ3 format), and rendered in vue10complete

4.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 304K
    3.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 352K
    1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 83K
  • glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited December 1969

Good to hear that you've got it figured out....it is quite a workaround by now.........

Remember that TC2 is not a one click solution, any bump and/or specular textures may need to be converted separately....

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

glaseye2 said:
    Good to hear that you've got it figured out....it is quite a workaround by now.........

Remember that TC2 is not a one click solution, any bump and/or specular textures may need to be converted separately....

Also DAZ Studio also has the Map transfer function that does the same thing for any UV supported by the character.