Unique Fabrics - Shaders and Merchant Resource [Commercial]

ARTCollabARTCollab Posts: 101
edited December 2020 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Unique Fabrics was created by hand from the ground up to give a truly unique user and merchant experience.

The vibrant colors, patterns, and designs in Unique Fabrics were made with care and attention to the small details that add realism to the feel and look of the fabrics including detailed normals and small imperfections, plus transparency options to give each fabric a customizable sheer appearance.

For those who enjoy shader packs, each pattern was created by hand, separated into parts, and reassembled so that the fabrics can be customized in numerous ways straight out of the box.

For those who are interested in using this as a merchant resource, everything you need to truly personalize the fabrics easily is there for you. You can easily take the textures into your favorite apps to use in an unlimited number of ways. 

Unique Fabrics Includes:

20 Original Hand Crafted Patterns (Each with 8 Color Presets)
90 Transparency Presets
21 Mix and Match White Bases (One for Each Pattern - One Pattern has Two)
56 One Click Mix n Match Color Presets
53 Primary Mask Presets
53 Fancy Mask Presets
21 Alternative Normals
15 Scale Presets
Created for Daz Studio Iray but the included textures can be used easily in any program.

Click Here for an Itemized List of the Packs Contents or to Purchase 

*Index of Topics Covered with Jump To Points are available under Video Guide in the Description on YouTube*

*Index of Topics Covered with Jump To Points are available under Video Guide in the Description on YouTube*

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on

Comments

• It looks really good.

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,981

Love it!

• ARTCollabARTCollab Posts: 101

Thanks so much to both of you. I appreciate it! heartheart

For those interested the pack has now released! Please let me know if you have any questions at all and if you use the set please share it to the thread as I always love seeing what everyone does with the sets heart

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

This is just a WIP render for an image I'm working on, but I wanted to share what I did using Unique Fabrics. This isn't a preset, just the results of me tinkering until I got something I really liked.

Wip Ndidi Modern Romantique And Unique Fabrics

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

This looks great. Just the sort of thing I've been looking for.  I shall enjoy playing with these. Thank you for making it merchant resource.

L'Adair said:

This is just a WIP render for an image I'm working on, but I wanted to share what I did using Unique Fabrics. This isn't a preset, just the results of me tinkering until I got something I really liked.

Really pretty L'Adair! :) I really like the colors you chose and I especially like it on the frilly jacket. Really lovely heart 

Wilmap said:

This looks great. Just the sort of thing I've been looking for.  I shall enjoy playing with these. Thank you for making it merchant resource.

I'm glad it was something you were looking for smiley 

ATM I am working on a video going over using the set within Substance Painter. I'm not sure what app/apps people use or prefer (and there are so many it's hard to know which to choose LOL) but it should give a decent overview of how you can work with the textures on the merchant resource end of things. 

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Thank you, it looks really good.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

@ARTCollab my thanks for the YouTube tutorial, and a great product. I tried it on two different products, one on Rynne 8 in dForce Boho Boutique Serenity and another on Darwins Mishap(s) John for Genesis 8 Male, also released today and the dForce Party Oahu Outfit. I was tentative on the initial test, and restrained on the Oahu shirt as it was for a guy and more casual. I would love to see a masculine version of these shaders. My apologizes for not being more creative in the use of your product and showing it off to its best.

Mary

Test of Unique Fabric Shaders.png
    720 x 1165 - 748K
    John for Gen 8 M.png
    1500 x 2427 - 2M
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    ARTCollab said:
    Wilmap said:

ATM I am working on a video going over using the set within Substance Painter. I'm not sure what app/apps people use or prefer (and there are so many it's hard to know which to choose LOL) but it should give a decent overview of how you can work with the textures on the merchant resource end of things. 

This looks amazing! I am curious to know if it can be used in any way in conjunction with Filter Forge?

Kharma said:
    ARTCollab said:
    Wilmap said:

This looks amazing! I am curious to know if it can be used in any way in conjunction with Filter Forge?

In the general sense of the question, if you are asking if it can be used in there in general (while it's been awhile since Ive played in there) if you can import texture files or images then yes you should be able to use it in various ways in there. The masks etc in perticular you could probably have some fun with in there.

If you are asking on the merchant resource end of things, if you have a specific question (IE about what is ok or not etc), just let me know more specifically what you were thinking and I can better answer. (Though I left it fairly open as to how people could use things)

Thank you, it looks really good.

heart Thank you! smiley

edited January 2020

@ARTCollab my thanks for the YouTube tutorial, and a great product. I tried it on two different products, one on Rynne 8 in dForce Boho Boutique Serenity and another on Darwins Mishap(s) John for Genesis 8 Male, also released today and the dForce Party Oahu Outfit. I was tentative on the initial test, and restrained on the Oahu shirt as it was for a guy and more casual. I would love to see a masculine version of these shaders. My apologizes for not being more creative in the use of your product and showing it off to its best.

Mary

I really like them both and I like what you did between the layers on the Rynne 8 one. Id not have thought of combining the two but it looks super cute! smiley I think you did a lovely job on both of them smiley

On the question about a masculine version, the answer would be yes. I have been considering it. I wanted to sort of see how the set would be received (this is my first shader pack so I wanted to see if people would even like it) but in honesty I've done a LOT of patterns so it was/is my intention to do other sets and I did note that these don't work for everything (more specficially mens clothing as well as certain genres) so I had been considering doing a set for the guys at some point as well as potentially doing some targeted to certain styles if people seem to like this one. I also have some ideas on how to add more features to future sets as well.

First time out I was a bit apprehensive on what people would want/need/like, as I get feedback on this set, it will help sort of direct the direction I go with future packs smiley

Post edited by ARTCollab on

Thank you very much.

Where men's fabric is lacking in choices in many shader sets, and possible could use your technique are some dress shirt materials, ties, vests, casual shirts: checks, plaids, stripes, subtle dots or geometric prints, of course solid colors but with a more dark or muted tone, military or hunting camoflage patterns, modern military uniform colors. Coordinated leather, tennis shoe, or chinos and jean materials would be nice. Sports clothes, I am not that experienced with and maybe covered by existing shaders. 

The current set is good for flashy, night-time dressy clothes or stage clothing for guys. Or some ties.

edited January 2020

Thank you very much.

Where men's fabric is lacking in choices in many shader sets, and possible could use your technique are some dress shirt materials, ties, vests, casual shirts: checks, plaids, stripes, subtle dots or geometric prints, of course solid colors but with a more dark or muted tone, military or hunting camoflage patterns, modern military uniform colors. Coordinated leather, tennis shoe, or chinos and jean materials would be nice. Sports clothes, I am not that experienced with and maybe covered by existing shaders. 

The current set is good for flashy, night-time dressy clothes or stage clothing for guys. Or some ties.

Or fancy mens suit vests (and that little handkerchief  thingy LOL) though even then only certain ones of the patterns would probably work (from this set) I did start taking a look though at mens patterns and even have some of the ones you mentioned above done (though may I just say that plaid is far more difficult to sort than it looks LOL)

Well, there is Tartan plaid as recorded officially, then there is simple plaids with 1 - 4 colors, cowboy plaids/checks, fun plaids where you go crazy (when I was in Denver for school during the rodeo in 1975, I found a multi-colored, plaid cowboy shirt that I loved for years). Texture on those are possible. 

Silks, heavy thick silks, with slubs and nubs textures. I was able to buy many pieces of Chinese silk when I was stationed in Taiwan and fell in love with the variety of colors and weights. We have a lot of dress weight shaders, but heavier weight ones would be nice. 

My family's plaid is one of the hard ones, so I know just how difficult they can be. (I tried to draw it out with crayons as a kid from a sample my grandfather gave me!) And assymetric plaids are just a pain to match at seams.

And since I've gotten some questions from a couple places in regards to the merchant resource part of this..I thought I would put the answers here:

This pack currently has only one restriction: That you not create a competing shader pack with it.

So for those wondering if you can use the tiles in your packs as part of clothing sets etc, you can (I did not want to put a ton of restrictions on things). What I ask is that, when deciding how to use the set, you add value to what it is you do with it in some way. I don't want to require people bake the textures to use them (though it is a preference..it isn't a requirement). My only request is that, when you use them, you use the tiles in such a way that doesn't devalue this set or make it irrelevent to purchase it.

I wanted to try to leave this as open as possible since, especially in the case of the masks, there are TONS of ways they can be used that would in no way harm this set or devalue it. This is also my first shader set and my first merchant resource of this type so I wasn't sure how people would possibly want to use them and didn't want to limit anyone's creativity. 

I may change or tweak requirements of future sets if issues come up with this first set that I didnt forsee, but this set is pretty open to using the tiles as you deem most useful to you. As always, when in doubt, please ask. I'll be more than happy to answer any specific questions anyone has heart

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    that looks great, i like the sparkly/glitteriness of it
    L'Adair said:

edited January 2020

OK I've now added the second video to the thread for those interested. It's mostly for those wishing to play outside of DAZ Studio with the set or Merchants to show various ways you can use different parts of the set. 

And here is the link to the set just in case anyone needed it: https://www.daz3d.com/unique-fabrics-shaders-and-merchant-resource

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

the stabbed cushion was prepped with one on these unique fabrics :D

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thank you for the video tutorials!   I watched both, very informative!  May have even talked me into buying Substance Painter on the second one, I will have to look more into that.  Love the shaders they are gorgeous and so versatile. 

I do want to say you need to shorten the videos though because kitty says you are taking way to long and shortening his playtime!

edited January 2020
    Daventaki said:

Thank you for the video tutorials!   I watched both, very informative!  May have even talked me into buying Substance Painter on the second one, I will have to look more into that.  Love the shaders they are gorgeous and so versatile. 

I do want to say you need to shorten the videos though because kitty says you are taking way to long and shortening his playtime!

You are very welcome. I am glad you found something useful in them. I'm sort of newer to it so hopefully I'll get better at it eventually LOL.

LOL on the kitty...our kitten (Onyx) was definitely fighting me on "what time it was" work..or play. That said, he thinks its ALWAYS play time so I am fairly certain 5 minutes is too long for him hehe. 

In seriousness I know the videos are long (and that I babble) and I had considered breaking them down or breaking them up. That said, I do have the videos all indexed out in the description on YouTube so you can fairly easily jump around to parts that may interest you and skip other parts. Thankfully I say um so much before going to the next topic that I use the ums as my cue for when I switched (very easy to index by heh)

On Substance Painter, I absolutely love it. I'm not a fan of Subscriptions etc but that is the one (and only one) subscription I have. I love all of their applications. 

Linwelly said:

the stabbed cushion was prepped with one on these unique fabrics :D

Really pretty! I love the splash of red in the scene and the way you did the flower petals. Its a very pretty scene and it has a really stark contrast to it that I really love heart

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited January 2020
    ARTCollab said:

LOL on the kitty...our kitten (Onyx) was definitely fighting me on "what time it was" work..or play. That said, he thinks its ALWAYS play time so I am fairly certain 5 minutes is too long for him hehe. 

In seriousness I know the videos are long (and that I babble) and I had considered breaking them down or breaking them up. That said, I do have the videos all indexed out in the description on YouTube so you can fairly easily jump around to parts that may interest you and skip other parts. Thankfully I say um so much before going to the next topic that I use the ums as my cue for when I switched (very easy to index by heh)

Your video length was fine, except for from Onyxs viewpoint!   I learned a few things from them besides just the basic do this this and this and you get this result. I even had a few oh heck that how you do that moments.  You really detailed how to use your product and I like that.  Also you are by far not the worst in babbling and you have a nice voice to listen to.

Post edited by Daventaki on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

These fabrics really came out beautiful, Ann.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited January 2020

Very nice shaders. My first test with them on sofa, drape and the creature - not used on the clothes, yet.

Drape03pic10.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 756K
    Post edited by Artini on
    Daventaki said:
    ARTCollab said:

Your video length was fine, except for from Onyxs viewpoint!   I learned a few things from them besides just the basic do this this and this and you get this result. I even had a few oh heck that how you do that moments.  You really detailed how to use your product and I like that.  Also you are by far not the worst in babbling and you have a nice voice to listen to.

Thanks so much for the feedback heart I am so glad you found information in the videos that was useful to you heart It is also good to hear Im not the worst babbler hehe (though I am betting I am up there ROFL) I like to fully explain things as best I can (though you can't cover everything but I try to cover as much as I can think of) 

On my voice..I think my recorded voice sounds so strange (it sounds way higher pitched than it does to me LOL) but TY that makes me feel a bit less self conscious (which actually is what creates the babbling if I'm honest LOL).

These fabrics really came out beautiful, Ann.

Thank you Cris heart I appreciate it heartheart

edited January 2020
    Artini said:

Very nice shaders. My first test with them on sofa, drape and the creature - not used on the clothes, yet.

Looks like you were having lots of fun testing things out! smiley I will admit Id not thought of texturing a bird/creature with them and I may have actually missed that if you hadn't pointed it out funny enough. heart Thanks so much for sharing as you are trying things out smiley