BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►WE HAVE WINNERS◄◄◄ Theme is ͠͠ ~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~~͠~ H2O ͠~͠~~͠~~͠~~

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

#31 Summer Solstice

Summer_Solstice.png
    1080 x 810 - 2M
    edited December 1969

#32 Swimmer at an Exhibition

swimmer.jpg
    1707 x 880 - 972K
    edited December 1969

#33 Terrible End

terrible_end.jpg
    600 x 600 - 58K
    edited December 1969

# 34 The Fountain

The_fountain.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 872K
    edited December 1969

#35 The Courtyard

the_courtyard.jpg
    850 x 850 - 664K
    edited December 1969

#36 The Lake

the_lake.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 873K
    edited December 1969

#37 The River

The_River_bld2014.jpg
    1565 x 1043 - 701K
    edited December 1969

#38 Water render

Water_Render.jpg
    1260 x 840 - 859K
    edited December 1969

#39 Water Town

Water_Town2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited December 1969

#40 WaterWall

Water_Wall.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 979K
    edited December 1969

#41 Water 1

water1.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 1M
    edited December 1969

#42 Water 2

water2.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 612K
    edited December 1969

#43 Water 3

water3.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 570K
    edited December 1969

#44 Watercolour

Watercolour.jpg
    1111 x 500 - 496K
    edited December 1969

#45 Waterdrops

waterdrops.jpg
    960 x 720 - 626K
    edited December 1969

#46 Wet Cave

WetCave.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 376K
    edited December 1969

#47 Ye olde church

Ye_olde_church.png
    757 x 757 - 1M
    edited December 1969

#48 yWindow with Klein

yywindowwithklein5.jpg
    960 x 960 - 811K
    edited March 2014

Sorry it took so long, but we do eventually have winners

What happened was it was a close contest really, but the people who are place 1s, 2nd and 3rd also placed in the next 3 slots as well for HM prizes.

So I asked a guest judge, and got a slightly clearer result, but not much. SO had a chat with a couple of people who also run contests and challenges and decided that we should run with one prize each, so Trish, Orbital and Horo, you were very much the top voted 3, on 2 renders each, but only win one prze each, and the next 3 highest scoring will get the HM prizes. I hope everyone agrees with doing it that way.

So
    1st Place bullit35744 Foggy Creek
    2nd Place Orbital Lagoon
    3rd Place Horo Black Rock

HMs DaveSavage Watercolour
    Yellow Pen The Lake
    Chohole . Llwyn Onn

Best New User is Kharma with Fog on the Water.

Yellow Pen and Kharma I will need a PM with a note of the email that you use to Log in to the site with, so I can get the prizes added to your accounts. Kharma can you also PM Jaderail as he has an extra prize for you.

Trish, you get to choose the theme for the next challenge

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I am going to post a copy of what the guest judge said, when I asked her to help

Pam,
    This was a very interesting and challenging contest to judge. The renders were just beautiful. This is some what harder for me to judge because I am not familiar with the workings of Bryce. So if I am off base I apologize. My criteria was 1) Did I see h2o being used in the render. How many types were used. 2) Did the image portray the power of h2o. and 3) would I hang the render on my wall or is the composition interesting, cohesive, balanced, believable.
    My picks and the reasons for the pick.
    :
    #5 Black Rock
    I see 4 uses of h2o in this image. I also see power. When I first saw the image I felt fear. Having the water plane above the horizon is a very masterful way of portraying that power. Having the foam on the surface of the water makes the image very believable as does the light source position. I as the viewer was standing on that rock facing the storm.

#24 Morning Calm
    I see 4 uses of h2o in this image. I do see power but it is at a distance so my initial response was not as strong as first place. I love this picture. Morning is my favorite time and the artist nailed the color of the light. The creation of the water elements is what put this image in. They are believable. The composition of the render is interesting. It looks like an artist from the late 19th or early 20 century took to brush and painted this image.

#21 Lagoon 2
    I see two uses of water but no power. Because of the lack of power I have placed it lower. This is a beautiful render. Lighting is dramatic. Surface manipulation by the artist is masterful and believable. Composition is balanced.

#44 Water Color
    I see two uses of h2o in this image and power. It is an honorable mention because of the choice of color of the sea, the real looking sailing ship and the proximity of the land. This combination of land location and sea color with the addition of a real looking sailing ship was not quite as believable to me. In my opinion the DOF is a bit off. There is a little to much blurriness on the left side of the image which challenges the believability of the image as well. Composition of this render is balanced and interesting. I like the color of this render and the fluorescents seen in the water surfaces.
    :
    #32 Swimmer at an Exhibition
    I see three uses of water in this render, water through a glass, water surface and water drops, no power though. This is a fun piece. The composition is interesting and balanced. The light usage and subject matter in this render is a good marriage and adds to telling the story in this render.

#16 Froggy Creek
    I see two uses of h2o in this image but no power of h2o. Composition on this image is very pleasing and believable. Color control and surface techniques look real and demonstrate a good understanding of the inner workings of Bryce.

Best New User place:
    #15 Fog on the water
    I see 2 uses of h2o in this image but no power of h2o, the fog just above the water and the water itself. Composition is pleasing. It is a good beginning. Surfaces need some work especially on the rocks in the foreground. Lighting is good but maybe a more dramatic light setting could be used to introduce some additional shadows. I think the sky should have more clouds to make the fog on the surface more believable.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Congratulations everyone!! I will PM Pam with a theme later tonight as I did not even think I would win so....I don't have one yet ( how sweet in purple too)

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to everyone! I am so excited as I never expected to win new user, everyone's renders were so amazing! Thank you very much :)

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners !
    Well done everyone.

• GoshtacGoshtac Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi folks;

Just popping in to pass on my congratulations to the winners and honorable mentions. Was a great challenge and some really beautiful renders were made. Well done to all !!!

Bruce

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920
    edited March 2014

oh wow..... I didn't thought that I win here something, because I saw so many wonderful Pictures.
    I am pleased with this honor.

Thanks to all, and congratulations to all the other winners :-)

Chohole, I sent a PM to you... hope this is going out. I can't see it in my account....

Post edited by Yellow Pen on
    edited December 1969

You need to tick the box under the type panel to save a copy to your sent box, but yes I did get it thanks, so now I can send the list to DAZ 3D to get the credits into all of your accounts.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited March 2014

Well done winners! Commiserations non-winners. But still well done for taking part and thanks to Pam for keeping these competition threads ticking over.

Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Thanks David. My judges did do a bit of a double take when they saw the amount of really good renders we had entered this time. None of them found it easy to judge.

I thought others would find it interesting the criteria the one judge used, it does show that they are not just looking for "Pretty pictures". BTW she is also one of the Gallery mods, so you can see the galleries are in good hands, even though, for obvious reasons, the mods remain anonymous.

• orbitalorbital Posts: 120
    edited December 1969

Well done Trish, I look forward to the next theme. Also thanks everyone for taking part I enjoyed seeing how you all interpreted the theme. I'm glad that we have the challenge over here because I was sad to see it go on Renderosity. Whatever your skill level you can always learn something new from these challenges.

• TLBKlausTLBKlaus Posts: 70
    edited December 1969

Congrats to the winners, thanks to the judges, and nice job all! :D