Core temperatures when rendering

2»

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited March 2014

I shied away from Liquid cooling myself for years because of horror stories. But there are now 100% sealed systems that come with a total PC guarantee. I'm covered for the next 5 years. By which time this PC will be so out of date.

TIP: External Backup Drives cover those What if's.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I have two external backup drives (WD Elements Portable 2TB USB 3.0) since December. :)
    But the What if's what wreak havoc with more than the harddrives ... at least my friends PC was quite thoroughly dead.

• JonnyRayJonnyRay Posts: 1,744
    edited December 1969

My PC (full tower) had to go under a desk; so I used a hole saw to make a hole in the back corner (well behind my monitor) and mounted a USB powered case fan there so I could exhaust the hot air from under the desk. Not recycling hot air back through the PC lowered overall temps on most of my sensors by an average of 5 degrees under sustained loads.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,876
    edited March 2014

Kerya said:

Dream Cutter: yes, I am doing the canned air dusting every 2-3 months (not much dust in that room).

Canned "air" (which actually is a gas) is expensive and not very effective IMO. So I bought a small $100 portable compressor instead. Very disappointing though - the first second it's quite powerful but it quickly loses its breath (no compression chamber to build up pressure, it seems).

Then I saw some small $10 turbo pumps in a store, which were for pumping up inflatable swimming pools and stuff like that, so I thought, let's try one and see what it can. I was pretty surprised how powerful it was - much more than the compressor!

The only thing I wonder about is if the air from such a thing can be loaded with static electricity, as it's made from plastic. Wonder if there is a simple way to measure this. Have cleaned several machines with it and haven't noticed any problems though.

Attached picture of the box, the pump itself is about 13 cm high.

--

airpump.jpg
    650 x 488 - 64K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

That is a nice idea!