For Daz Developers: Dynamic Clothing...

2»

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,531
    edited December 1969

jaebea said:
    Coon, I love MD2 but something happened to Daz's collada. The texture is messed up and MD can hardly move it. I have tried so many different ways to get it in there and it just won't work anymore! I was broken hearted!

From what I've been told MD uses the Open Collada standard and DAZ uses it's own proprietary Collada standard which is why Daz has a limited cross platform Collada compatibility. Hopefully future versions of DAZ will conform to Open Collada and then these problems will be a thing of the past.

Also, I found out today that MMD has dynamic cloth and hair, and DAZ Studio still doesn't. And then I wept.

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

jaebea said:
    Coon, I love MD2 but something happened to Daz's collada. The texture is messed up and MD can hardly move it. I have tried so many different ways to get it in there and it just won't work anymore! I was broken hearted!

From what I've been told MD uses the Open Collada standard and DAZ uses it's own proprietary Collada standard which is why Daz has a limited cross platform Collada compatibility. Hopefully future versions of DAZ will conform to Open Collada and then these problems will be a thing of the past.

Also, I found out today that MMD has dynamic cloth and hair, and DAZ Studio still doesn't. And then I wept.

MMD *kinda* has dynamics. Don't fret too much. It's coming. LAMH will have dynamics before you know it.

Kendall

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I am looking forward to it. I am hoping it will be ready when I do my next animation. I am working on one now and its going to be a while before its finished.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

I always figured that it would end up being PAs who would push something like this through the DAZ dynamic barrier. This is the kind of thing I wouldn't mind throwing kickstarter funds at... :)

+1

+1
    :D

Then again ya know we'll all buy it when its out....

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

This is great news. Is there any chance of a version for Carrara?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Zylox said:

which version of Carrara 10 or 11 :cheese:

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Zylox said:

which version of Carrara 10 or 11 :cheese:

I don't think I will be around for that long :bug:
    I am hoping that they will release Carrara 9 sometime this decade, I hear it is due for release soon. %-P

edited December 1969

Some more teasing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvVNwtUFkdo

Some simple wind added to the simulations.

As has been asked numerous times in email: Yes, LAMH will get the physics from this. So "Look at my Hair Blowing in the Wind" is going to be possible.

Kendall

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

Wind? Looks great!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Some more teasing...

Consider us suitably teased. Looks good. Would it be possible, though, to add a bit of random variation so a windblown cloth billows and flops about a little, like a real one does? Or would that add a bit too much complexity?
    edited December 1969

Some more fun with dynamic cloth and winds.

http://youtu.be/C2MqRBgtYyA

Kendall

edited December 1969

Some more teasing...

Consider us suitably teased. Looks good. Would it be possible, though, to add a bit of random variation so a windblown cloth billows and flops about a little, like a real one does? Or would that add a bit too much complexity?

'Tis coming. These are just some previews with "simple wind". Wind that is constant across the surface. Natural winds have variations across the surface. I'm not going to show all of my toys all at once :-)

Besides, I've got other projects that are cooking at the same time. This isn't even close to the coolest. I was just taking a break from some of the "really cool" stuff and decided to play a bit. Gotta let the noodle rest occasionally.

Kendall

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...so will there be a "freeze simulation" option?

This could get me back into considering creating clothing again. Just too bad the Daz Collada doesn't play nice with MD2's.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...so will there be a "freeze simulation" option?

This could get me back into considering creating clothing again. Just too bad the Daz Collada doesn't play nice with MD2's.

It's not that far along yet. The request is noted.

Kendall

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited December 1969

...thank you.

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

I cannot express how happy I am that this is in production. The only thing I miss from Poser is the cloth room. I don't have much use for it, but I almost want to buy LAMH just to support dynamics in DS. I think I'm going to put it in the "not lose a limb when buying dynamic cloth plugin" fund

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Some more teasing...

'Tis coming. These are just some previews with "simple wind". Wind that is constant across the surface. Natural winds have variations across the surface. I'm not going to show all of my toys all at once :-)

Besides, I've got other projects that are cooking at the same time. This isn't even close to the coolest. I was just taking a break from some of the "really cool" stuff and decided to play a bit. Gotta let the noodle rest occasionally.

Kendall

Yikes! What would be cooler than this? :bug:

I'm thrilled that you are working on this. You guys have a proven track record on plugins that interface well with DS.

Will this be able to run the simulation on clothes that have morphed to fit a figure? :)

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    edited December 1969

Anything new you can tease us with, Kendall? xD

edited December 1969

Anything new you can tease us with, Kendall? xD

Nothing I can show. :-)

I've been preoccupied with my daughter (Alexa) getting accepted into Purdue University's Computer Graphics Technology program for the coming Fall and that has taken a bit of time from coding the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully, there will be something to show very soon.

Kendall

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454
    edited December 1969

I was just thinking about this project too. I subscribed to your YouTube page hoping for a glimpse....