Mystique for Genesis 8 Female(s) [Commercial]

Comments

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129
    edited February 2020

Quick render with combined CJ character morphs that I haven't tried before either... Pretty great, but a slight funky issue going with a void between the stockings and heels. 

(Checked with the Angels Secrets stockings, problem's entirely on the character)

cj mystique.jpg
    2160 x 2880 - 626K
    Post edited by N3p3nth3 on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325
    Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

You mean things like a lushious mink coat, minimal sized mourning veil (with a cute black hat) and a cigarette holder? Or were you more thinking in the direction of a Tailcoat and a kitchen chair?

A veil coming half way down the face, just enough to cover the face, would definitely fit right in with this outfit. A larger and more elaborate choker would go well with the veil as well.

- - - - -

I was also thinking the direction of different style bras and tops. Another thing I'm consider is some pantyose that fit under the stockings like seen in the render below. Combining different hosiery and create some interesting new looks. Fishnets over the hose would work well too.

This is the best Mystique render yet!

Cheers,

Alex.

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 68
    Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

You mean things like a lushious mink coat, minimal sized mourning veil (with a cute black hat) and a cigarette holder? Or were you more thinking in the direction of a Tailcoat and a kitchen chair?

A veil coming half way down the face, just enough to cover the face, would definitely fit right in with this outfit. A larger and more elaborate choker would go well with the veil as well.

- - - - -

I was also thinking the direction of different style bras and tops. Another thing I'm consider is some pantyose that fit under the stockings like seen in the render below. Combining different hosiery and create some interesting new looks. Fishnets over the hose would work well too.

A mesh can be very easilly done using a Geometry Shell, with lot more success than a conforming mesh... like in Linday's Dark Fantasy Outfit. Not sure if that is a good idea. My personal favorite would be a real corset with hooks and a proper lacing system, not zippers. Normally, for preventing the deformation of the buckle, you have to use the Rigid Follow Node, but may be, you have investigate this area.

So far, the best stocking mesh and shader, thank for the wrinkle.

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
    edited February 2020
    pds said:

Apologies if this isn't appropriate, but given the burlesque nature of the outfit, would it make sense to consider a variety of "undressing" morphs and accompanying poses? There are certainly plenty of buckles, straps, and wardrobe edges for a character to interact with.

I agree, this needs to happen.

N3p3nth3 said:

Quick render with combined CJ character morphs that I haven't tried before either... Pretty great, but a slight funky issue going with a void between the stockings and heels. 

(Checked with the Angels Secrets stockings, problem's entirely on the character)

Great render! Are you talking about space between the stocking and heel. If so can you provide just a quick screen grab/render of the issue so I know how to fix with a morph I can add later.

Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks! There's more on my Artstation page if you care to peek.

JPiat said:
    Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

A mesh can be very easilly done using a Geometry Shell, with lot more success than a conforming mesh... like in Linday's Dark Fantasy Outfit. Not sure if that is a good idea. My personal favorite would be a real corset with hooks and a proper lacing system, not zippers. Normally, for preventing the deformation of the buckle, you have to use the Rigid Follow Node, but may be, you have investigate this area.

All good points. The buckles hold up well in form but can still be deformed so apply them as a rigid follow node can easily happen and should. For the stockings overlapping and conforming to pantyhose, you just simply have the stockings conform and fit to the pantyhose instead, and not the figure... (that's what I did with the above render) otherwise you would indeed have many issues with both wanting to conform to the figure. I will play around with a geometry shell and see what the better option will be.

- - - - - - -

So far, I plan on adding:
    -  Strappy style Garter
    - 1-2 new bra tops
    - A partial veil
    - Larger, more complex choker
    - More fitting and newly added undressing morphs
    - Corset buckles to be made into rigid follow nodes
    - Underlying pantyhose (maybe a few styles as well)
    - More material options

Things I'm still debating:
    - Fishnet stockings
    - A new corset with lacing and hooks (like JPiat mentioned)
    - Corset lacing stiletto boots (either knee or thigh high)
    - A new top (like the one in my Infernal Succubus outfit) with corset lacing sleeves
    - Jewelry

Please feel free to still comment on what you would like to see and thanks for all the feedback already!

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on
  • So far, I plan on adding:

-  Strappy style Garter
    - 1-2 new bra tops
    - A partial veil
    - More material options

- Fishnet stockings
    - A new top (like the one in my Infernal Succubus outfit) with corset lacing sleeves
    - Jewelry

They would all be welcome!

edited February 2020
    pds said:

Apologies if this isn't appropriate, but given the burlesque nature of the outfit, would it make sense to consider a variety of "undressing" morphs and accompanying poses? There are certainly plenty of buckles, straps, and wardrobe edges for a character to interact with.

N3p3nth3 said:

Great render! Are you talking about space between the stocking and heel. If so can you provide just a quick screen grab/render of the issue so I know how to fix with a morph I can add later.

Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cheers,

Alex.

JPiat said:
    Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

All good points. The buckles hold up well in form but can still be deformed so apply them as a rigid follow node can easily happen and should. For the stockings overlapping and conforming to pantyhose, you just simply have the stockings conform and fit to the pantyhose instead, and not the figure... (that's what I did with the above render) otherwise you would indeed have many issues with both wanting to conform to the figure. I will play around with a geometry shell and see what the better option will be.

- - - - - - -

-  Strappy style Garter
    - 1-2 new bra tops
    - A partial veil
    - More material options

- Fishnet stockings
    - Jewelry

Please feel free to still comment on what you would like to see and thanks for all the feedback already!

Thanks.

It's the way the stocking leaves an empty space around the heels (not sheos, feet). Here's a zoomed and resized/resampled (but still a bit nasty) closeup. TBH I don't think it's something that you should be fixing, as I figure it's an issue with the character.

cj mystique prob.jpg
    1441 x 1080 - 163K
  • This was actually a morph I thought I included but forgot to add in. I will be adding an additional morph to move the stocking closer to the heel when the heel shrinks like this. This is a focal area and I want the outfit to work with almost all character shapes. Thank you for taking the time to provide the render.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,143
    pds said:

N3p3nth3 said:

Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

Cheers,

Alex.

JPiat said:
    Drip said:
    3dOutlaw said:

- - - - - - -

-  Strappy style Garter
    - 1-2 new bra tops
    - A partial veil
    - More material options

- Fishnet stockings
    - Jewelry

This outfit is going to triple plus awesome with that add-on. I might grab some different shoes elsewhere, as I'm not a big fan of platforms, but that really is personal preference. And since I have plenty shoes anyway, I'm feel pretty much okay if you don't spend time on more shoes or morphs for these, and focus on all the other things you might want to add.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 577

I like this set a lot. All the ideas so far are really good too. With the hat, it kind of has a Victorian era/wild west feel to it. If you wanted to add a frilly miniskirt (really mini) that has a western style and/or an open front half jacket, that could be cool, I think.

• JPiatJPiat Posts: 68

All this ideas are excellents and, as a loyal customer, i will buy any extension for supporting your business. Being a successfull daz content creator is not that common I suppose.

Of course I vote for my personnal favorite outfit: Realistic corset including support  for 6 garters as in this axford model.

New long morphs for the stocking and a one for shorter garters.

New boots : I add my vote for at least a no plateform morphs, classic 6in heels haves some visual charm indeed

Mystique4Redux.jpg
    525 x 1050 - 247K
    AxfordCC.jpg
    107 x 130 - 3K
    edited February 2020

-  Strappy style Garter
    - 1-2 new bra tops
    - A partial veil
    - More material options

- Fishnet stockings
    - Jewelry

I think the strappy look works best as a whole, and would probably make a decent product in of itself - bra, alternative panties and thong and garter belt (just like in the Whitney set), if you don't want to do that much just as an expansion. :)

I think there are several decent (laced) boot options already, but always interested to see your take on the subject. Especially as the ones I'm thinking of might be genesis 3 era.

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

Been working on a set of images with this outfit. Two things:

1: The smoothing iterarions on the underwear needs to be increased to 3, 2 causes edges to get weird with some leg poses.

2: This really needs a set of alternate textures done by a skilled texture artist. The included textures are great, but this deserves more variery.

All in all this is a great product and I like it a lot.

edited February 2020

Well, since we're all showing off... Here's piece from one of my upcoming Patreon sets. Scaled down, of course. And y'all get to see it before anyone else.

(Hope this is withing the TOS. I am a pinup artist...)

Elsa-JustWhatINeeded-DAZ.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 153K
    Post edited by rrward on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Nice work. Very classy.

• Quasar said:

I like this set a lot. All the ideas so far are really good too. With the hat, it kind of has a Victorian era/wild west feel to it. If you wanted to add a frilly miniskirt (really mini) that has a western style and/or an open front half jacket, that could be cool, I think.

Ohh...this is a great idea! Fantastic work, BTW! If you make it I will buy it! Here are a couple of ideas. These may be a bit more involved than you were planning for add-ons though.
    product-image-394489201_1024x1024.jpg
    800 x 800 - 32K
    97f168b28b2cb8aedf9cc56405603a0a.jpg
    570 x 760 - 58K
    aa9d75e27df30a3d606d5f819efe0361.jpg
    283 x 630 - 28K
    rqbl-steampunk-feather-bolero-brown_1200x1200.jpg
    666 x 666 - 34K
    Victorian-Steampunk-Suit-Jacket-Women-Vintage-Bolero-Jacket-Medieval-Long-Sleeve-Tuxedo-Outift-Sexy-Dresses-Renaissance.jpg_q50.jpg
    785 x 758 - 31K
    A180035-BU1_4f6a6a03-bbb1-4517-921a-b30376efb860_2048x2048.jpg
    1001 x 1301 - 109K
    880.jpg
    400 x 500 - 26K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Cant wait to see what you come up with for add-ons.  Gorgeous outfit!  Love the details!!

edited June 2020

All the renders look really good. 

@ElorOnceDark Those are good examples. The jacket in the second image would be a great fit but the one in the 5th picture would be awesome, especially if it was open around the breasts but still buttoned in the middle. The back could be cut off at the small of the back or tapered to a thin tail so the booty is still mostly uncovered. The skirt references are nice as well but I was thinking more of a multi-layered, micro mini skirt with lace trim. But I'm sure whatever Herschel comes up with next will be great.

Here's a render I did with the outfit.

br3 (2).png
    1125 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Quasar on
  • JakamotoJakamoto Posts: 8

First I have to say that I love the Mystique set and instantly bought it when I saw it, great work!

And great that you asked for ideas for an add-on, here are a few:
    - Different pantie styles, e.g. a thong
    - Different garter styles, e.g. one which is smaller in the belly area, or one which even goes over the butt cheeks
    - Matching materials for corset, bra and panty
    - Red + black material combination
    - A fault free vintage stocking material without the shadows, showing more the structure of the nylon
    - A seam for the toe area
    - Lacing instead of zipper + buckle

And one question: I'm using the Aurore character and she seem to have smaller feet and ankles than G8. While it's possible to shrink the
    upper + lower legs and knees, it's not possible for feet and ankles, see attached close-up quick render.
    Do you think that's something that could be fixed?

Btw. I love your render with the pantyose that fit under the stockings, I love it! ;-)

Thanks to your support and looking forward to see (and buy) the add-on!

mystique_feet.jpg
    665 x 665 - 28K
  • DekeSladeDekeSlade Posts: 127

Outfit is obviously amazing but also gotta know which character it is in the promos? JPiat is that the same character with different hair? I've tried browsing my way around the store to no avail so would love it if someone would humor me! =)

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

@pxlzXppl Hershel Hoffmeyer mentioned the promo character earlier in the thread (page 1); sounds like she's a mix of several characters. :-)

A hybrid of sorts...

Skin mats belong to FR Rebecka and using some breast morphs.

On topic of the outfit itself, I'll add that the outfit and morphs are great for kitbashing with other outfits to get a nice variety of possibile styles. Gotta love the versatility. :-D

• DekeSladeDekeSlade Posts: 127

@SBibb thanks! No need to sell me on the outfit, it's incredibly well made, crazy attention to detail. Doesn't seem like the formula is right for the character though, 50/50 is a pretty simple one so not sure what I might be missing. Have you tried it cuz I'm wondering if for someone else if it looks more like the one used on the product page or more like what mine came up with. Understandably characters can look somewhat different based on their pose, lighting, camera angle, etc but this doesn’t seem to resemble her to my eye even though I didn't go for exactly the same light, posing, and whatnot. She's cute though! Still would like to figure out how to get closer to 90-95% likeness-ish =)

Mystique Test.jpg
    2340 x 1080 - 1M
  • pxlzXppl said:

@SBibb thanks! No need to sell me on the outfit, it's incredibly well made, crazy attention to detail. Doesn't seem like the formula is right for the character though, 50/50 is a pretty simple one so not sure what I might be missing. Have you tried it cuz I'm wondering if for someone else if it looks more like the one used on the product page or more like what mine came up with. Understandably characters can look somewhat different based on their pose, lighting, camera angle, etc but this doesn’t seem to resemble her to my eye even though I didn't go for exactly the same light, posing, and whatnot. She's cute though! Still would like to figure out how to get closer to 90-95% likeness-ish =)

Seems like you're there on where you need to be besides my custom breast morph and textures. The geometry looks identical. Also the big difference of the breast in the left image is how your collar bones are posed as they control the large seperation seen in yours. Notice my collar bones are more tucked in. The face in the right image is different do to using different textures. If you focus on the geometry itself of the morph, they're identical.

edited June 2020

With a bit of kit bashing, I was able to create a look similar to what I was describing earlier about a jacket and a skirt. Maybe not the best match but it's fun to tinker with the content I already have.

tux.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 128K
    tux2.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 122K
    Post edited by Quasar on
  • First tease of Mystique 2, an stand-alone expansion that is on the back half of development. This one is a lot heavier in content. Using the old Corset and gloves as a placeholder until I finalize the new ones. Will be teasing more wearables apart of this one here soon as well. I've put together over 50 materials for each main item.

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,952

Looking forward to it!

First tease of Mystique 2, an stand-alone expansion that is on the back half of development. This one is a lot heavier in content. Using the old Corset and gloves as a placeholder until I finalize the new ones. Will be teasing more wearables apart of this one here soon as well. I've put together over 50 materials for each main item.

Oh, that looks nice.

That's a really creative twist on the look of the outfit. Looking forward to the future updates.

• I'm getting close to the finish line... been working on this upcoming product for over 16 weeks now and have scraped a handful of items that just didn't live up to my expectations. Scraped items include two bras, a different choker, a pleated skirt with suspenders, mesh style shirt, asian style top, and previous versions of the stockings and pantyhose. The new stockings are called Universal stockings because, by design, you can get many different looks such as knee highs, fishnets, wide bands, etc and all included through various material expansions that will be available with release. The stockings material library will feature over 70 material options. You can expect close to that many for the other main clothing items as well. Many G8F micropressure HD morphs are and the newly official Mystique breasts, with two styles supported and unsupported. Also every clothing item has been indiviidually tailored to directly support the following chracters- Aiko 8, Aubrey 8, Bridgett 8, Charlotte 8, Eva 8, Jenni 8, Meo Lin 8, Monique 8, Sahira 8, Stephanie 8, Victoria 8, and Bodybuilding Details. The following is a complete list of items included:

1. Veil
    2. Head Jewelry (earringsx4, eyebrow piercings x4, nose ring, lip piercings x3) 
    3. Neck Frill/Collar
    4. Corset Choker (laces up in back)
    5. Blazer
    6. Lace Bra
    7. Lace Gloves
    8. Strappy Garter Underwear
    9. Pantyhose (not yet teased)
    10. Universal Stockings
    11. Exotic Heels

I have yet to submit this to Daz so anything can change. I still have at least 1 more week of work in finishing up some morphs and materials. Which reminds me to bring up that this product comes with a lot of clothing morphs - Adjustments, Fitting, Undressing, and Material Specific.

The base outfit will come with a handful of starter materials but basics: Black, Taupe, White, Red, Blue, Pink. Additional styles and colors will be available through the texture expansions. There's  a lot of styles and customization options! For example: Fishnets with large holes include HD pressure morphs where the skin is being pressed down by the individual netting lines. Here's some early renders of the basic mats. I will tease more once Daz has accepted my submission. In the meantime, I will be teasing more promo art on my artstation account.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Wow! This looks stunning! I'm looking forward to it being released! :)