Carrara Realistic Seas

whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I was wondering what ship was used. I am in the market for one like that.

Thanks.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited March 2014

The one I remember the most is this one : http://www.daz3d.com/warraok-kitt

It is for Bryce 7, but I am sure it can be made to work in Carrara too?

You could also try sending a PM to PhilW

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Thanks! That one is really nice and really what I am looking for but wondering if it would work in Studio. I don't have Bryce, or at least if I do it's an old, old version that isn't installed.

I like water and bought "Ocean Wide" for Studio and was looking for a nice ship to put in it. So I did a search for ships and saw the one used in "Carrara Realistic Seas" so that brought about my question.

I don't know how well each of the programs play together to know what I can use in what yet.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2014

The one I remember the most is this one : http://www.daz3d.com/warraok-kitt

It is for Bryce 7, but I am sure it can be made to work in Carrara too?

You could also try sending a PM to PhilW

Depends what format it is packed in. If it is OBP then you do need Bryce to be able to open it.

However http://www.daz3d.com/skull-cove-pirate-ship toony but cute

Another toon type one http://www.daz3d.com/robberkook-toon-boat

Not toony http://www.daz3d.com/licorne plus http://www.daz3d.com/licorne-accessories

another http://www.daz3d.com/san-buenaventura

more http://www.daz3d.com/hms-victory

http://www.daz3d.com/medusa

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Faveral's Store, here at DAZ 3D has all manner of cool ships like that in Poser format, so no conversion stuff needed. Be sure to scroll through the whole store though... there's a few of them to see, scattered through the store.

Something that might be helpful as well:
    Medusa is also supported by Medusa Crew Action, which is a bunch of poses to get people where they belong, and Ghost Ship to sink the thing.

ghost-ship-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 49K
    medusa-crew-action-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 66K
    medusa-large.jpg
    350 x 455 - 57K
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I passed on the toony ones because I wanted something a little more realistic and I was afraid it might look like I want. For instance, I do have the Pirate Cove ship but that is supposed to be low poly (doesn't necessarily mean low quality). I haven't rendered it so don't know.

I looked at the others like the ghost ship but I wanted something above water. So I went to Faveral store and browsed and as I was going down I saw the perfect ship that I see in my mine's eye and click on it and it was the Bryce one lol.

San Buenaventura is good too but just not quite the look I see in my head.

And I hate to say this but I will just throw it out there, this is somewhat dominated by price since this is a whim and March Madness is in full swing. Too many things are coming out all at once and I didn't win the lottery last night LOL.

I like Faveral stuff. I own a lot of the medieval products just no ships yet.

edited December 1969

I hear ya!
    I have to watch my spending too. Oh... I do like Faveral's ships, though! :)
    But I know there are others in the store too. I'm not allowed to post links to competitive stores, but Winnston1984 at Renderosity has a ship that I've had my eye on for a while. It comes with a wake prop too :)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

... I'm not allowed to post links to competitive stores ...

Who does that apply to? I've been doing it without mod intervention, like here - Post #3.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37634/

The post *was* in support of a product here at DAZ - Viking clothes (nothing at DAZ I think) for the DAZ Viking Village. Seems fair to me.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Dart means to competing vendors. Linking to the DAZ store is okay.

edited December 1969

I have the Viking Village. I really like it. I'll be glad when this month is over. I spend more time buying than anything else.

edited December 1969

I hear ya!
    But I know there are others in the store too. I'm not allowed to post links to competitive stores, but Winnston1984 at Renderosity has a ship that I've had my eye on for a while. It comes with a wake prop too :)

Psssttt...don't tell anyone...it's just our little secret but I really like that one too! I may have to get it. I buy a lot at Daz but I buy a good amount at Rendo also. I've been searching for "ship" and some things don't come up that way. Thanks for the tip.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    ... I'm not allowed to post links to competitive stores ...

Who does that apply to? I've been doing it without mod intervention, like here - Post #3.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/37634/

The post *was* in support of a product here at DAZ - Viking clothes (nothing at DAZ I think) for the DAZ Viking Village. Seems fair to me.
    Oops. I skimmed and saw daz in the link, so my mind went to the store. Didn't notice it was a forum link at first.

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Well, if you can wait a few months while I complete this WIP, you can have it for free - just kidding :)

cuttysark.jpg
    681 x 500 - 97K
    edited December 1969

Ha! Looks good though.

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Well, if you can wait a few months while I complete this WIP, you can have it for free - just kidding :)
    That is one seriously cool ship, Roygee! Seriously!
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I clambered over the decks of the Cutty Sark numerous times in my youth - wonderful ship! :)

What I'd dearly love a model of is a brig-rigged sloop-of-war. (could even be a modern brig like the Stavros Niarchos - it's the 2 mast config that's the important thing for my project, not its age) But I suspect it'll have to go on my expanding list of things to try and build myself one day...

edited December 1969

Look around. Run the name of the ship through a search here and there. You'll be amazed at what you can find in an obj these days, and those yet to come ;)

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    I clambered over the decks of the Cutty Sark numerous times in my youth - wonderful ship! :)

Indeed. We visited the ship in 1999 from the colonies, enjoyed it a lot. A few pix below.

Cutty_Sark_IMG0046.jpg
    768 x 512 - 333K
    Cutty_Sark_IMG0048.jpg
    512 x 768 - 402K
    edited December 1969

Very nice. I'm wonder if I'd get sea sick though. Ugh...I don't hurl with grace.

edited March 2014

Thanks, Dart - I'll finish it when our cold, wet winter comes around. Right now we have great sunny weather and I'm out there playing competitive bowls, so not much time for modelling:)

@Tim_A - have you tried searching ShareCG ? Plenty of good stuff to be had there:)

The history of the Cutty Sark is very interesting - my reason for building it is that it is the logo on two of my favourite whiskys!

Edit: Here's a beut - you'd have to modify it to be two-masted and texture it, though:)

http://www.sharecg.com/v/68846/view/5/3D-Model/Black-Pearl-.obj

Post edited by Roygee on
  • thoromyrthoromyr Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

I hear ya!

That is a very nice ship. I wondered why I hadn't seen it before, then I realized it had a smoke stack. For some it would be a very nice prop. I haven't dug hard, but nearly all the full rigged ships are equipped with cannons, and there's precious little in the way of medieval ships. A variety of long ships and others to be sure -- I think I have every DAZ store ship (barring the bryce ones and the recent toony ship) and some from other places.

edited December 1969

Looks like my ship did come in. I splurged (or depression spending, whatever) and bought my first ship this morning. I've been playing around with it and I really like it.

Ship001.jpg
    1832 x 921 - 949K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

She's a little beauty!

Great render too. What is it called by the way?

edited December 1969

So you did get the WaveCutter? Sweet! Looks great!

edited December 1969

That is really nice - great render!

Did the ocean come with it, or is that something else - looks really good:)

edited December 1969

She's a little beauty!

Great render too. What is it called by the way?

It is called WaveCutter.

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    That is really nice - great render!

Did the ocean come with it, or is that something else - looks really good:)

Thanks. It does come with the ocean, sky, and lights but it is geared for Poser. I can never get Poser lights to work in Studio.

For this I used:

WaveCutter
    Ocean Wide (from here at Daz)
    Lighting - I used a sunset but not from Ocean Wide. I'd have to look at which one and then added some additional lighting.

edited December 1969

Yeah I went ahead and bit the bullet. It's just money right? The hardest thing really was justifying the seagulls lol. I am so mental.

Anyway, it was a fun scene to put together. Now, I'll try and see if I can do the scene that is in my mind. That'll be the challenge.

edited December 1969

Just as a point of reference, this is a brig sloop, both historic and modern. It's for a back-burner project, so if I don't find anything close ferreting around, I might well look for some plans and try to build it - assuming Thor and Loki don't keep destroying the Greenwich Naval Museum, that is!

StavrosNiarchosFullSailBrigMatchRace2003.JPG
    1866 x 1493 - 1M
    brig.jpg
    640 x 426 - 163K
    edited December 1969

Yeah I went ahead and bit the bullet. It's just money right? The hardest thing really was justifying the seagulls lol. I am so mental.

Anyway, it was a fun scene to put together. Now, I'll try and see if I can do the scene that is in my mind. That'll be the challenge.

Really nice render :) Lighthouse and dolphins just set it off. Not sure the seagulls should have their landing gear down though... ;)

edited December 1969

Hi Tim_A

When next you go to Greenwich, is it possible you could take some pics of the prow of the Cutty Sark for me? This is what is holding up my project - not sure from the pics I have managed to glean just how the bow looks and the bowsprit is attached :)