Carrara Realistic Seas

2»

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Sure. Might not be for a few weeks though.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    So you did get the WaveCutter? Sweet! Looks great!

Yeah I went ahead and bit the bullet. It's just money right? The hardest thing really was justifying the seagulls lol. I am so mental.

Anyway, it was a fun scene to put together. Now, I'll try and see if I can do the scene that is in my mind. That'll be the challenge.

Really nice render :) Lighthouse and dolphins just set it off. Not sure the seagulls should have their landing gear down though... ;)

ROFL. Yeah I thought about the landing gear but I just didn't go any further than that. That was the default pose and all I did was do some basic rotations. I'll see about fixing it today before moving onto my next render.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    That is really nice - great render!

Did the ocean come with it, or is that something else - looks really good:)

Thanks. It does come with the ocean, sky, and lights but it is geared for Poser. I can never get Poser lights to work in Studio.

For this I used:

WaveCutter
    Ocean Wide (from here at Daz)
    Lighting - I used a sunset but not from Ocean Wide. I'd have to look at which one and then added some additional lighting.

So is that a DAZ Studio render?

edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    That is really nice - great render!

Did the ocean come with it, or is that something else - looks really good:)

Thanks. It does come with the ocean, sky, and lights but it is geared for Poser. I can never get Poser lights to work in Studio.

For this I used:

WaveCutter
    Ocean Wide (from here at Daz)
    Lighting - I used a sunset but not from Ocean Wide. I'd have to look at which one and then added some additional lighting.

So is that a DAZ Studio render?

Yes, this is a Studio render. I've just in the last couple of days have Carrara and Poser set up again. Now I need go get my head together and see what I can do in each.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I can't say anything about Poser, but I'm pretty sure the others here will agree that Carrara is pretty cool. ;-)

edited December 1969

I can't say anything about Poser, but I'm pretty sure the others here will agree that Carrara is pretty cool. ;-)

Well as far as Carrara I really like some of the renders. I'm just not comfortable with what I can use in Carrara and what I can't. I bought a new laptop so I have been setting everything back up again.

So right now my goals are multi-purpose. One, continue to learn Studio. I'm the most familiar with that. I don't use Poser at all but I'm learning or trying to learn modeling and the gentleman uses Poser so it's geared toward that as far as setting up materials, packaging and so forth but I have a tutorial for Studio packing also. I want to learn it all from creating something of my own all the way through being able to distribute whether as a freebie or whatever.

I also have a good set up tutorial vids to get me up and running on both Carrara and Poser. I just need to watch them now that I finally have everything set back up.

One thing I noticed about Carrara is every time I venture into this forum and post something is that you guys have so much fun. I need that lol.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

One thing I noticed about Carrara is every time I venture into this forum and post something is that you guys have so much fun. I need that lol.
    That's because Carrara is... well... Fun!
    Try using it exactly as you would DAZ Studio once. Some things will be a bit different. But wait until you see how many different ways you can set up your render options! :)

I am the other way around. I'm in Carrara because it's comfy-cozy, but now I'm trying to wrap my head around DAZ Studio a bit. ;)

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well as far as Carrara I really like some of the renders. I'm just not comfortable with what I can use in Carrara and what I can't. I bought a new laptop so I have been setting everything back up again.

So right now my goals are multi-purpose. One, continue to learn Studio. I'm the most familiar with that. I don't use Poser at all but I'm learning or trying to learn modeling and the gentleman uses Poser so it's geared toward that as far as setting up materials, packaging and so forth but I have a tutorial for Studio packing also. I want to learn it all from creating something of my own all the way through being able to distribute whether as a freebie or whatever.

I also have a good set up tutorial vids to get me up and running on both Carrara and Poser. I just need to watch them now that I finally have everything set back up.

Dang right we're fun! ;)

If you're interested in pursuing creating good oceans, I started a thread some months ago where I showed how I created the ocean for a scene I submitted for one of the Carrara challenges. Others posted information in this thread as well, so if you ever get to doing Carrara oceans, you might find this useful. (It would be nice if we had some general active threads people could just keep adding to on various topics, but alas, that hasn't happened yet.)

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28506/

I've also attached the image I submitted. The ship I actually got for free (somewhere). It was in Bryce format, so I had to do some horrific mods to get it to work correctly in Carrara.

Good luck with your sea scenes!
    FD

Lost_World_V1_(med_logo).jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Wow that looks really nice. I love water period. I just can never make it look good and it doesn't matter what it is - pool, shower, bathtub, Jacuzzi, etc.

I'm a long way from trying to make an ocean or anything like that but I plan on downloading some more tutorials tonight. I had quite a few tutorials at one time but lost them so having to go back to sites and re-download. It'll take a while but I do plan on trying to learn Carrara a lot this year so I want to try out different things.