40th Bryce Render Challenge Theme is *** Flowers ***

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    edited February 2020

Flowering time

The render time for this image size was 6½ hours. This is due to the translucent material of the flowers. After the contest I will publish a full-size version (1920x1080).
    ____

PS. Images posted here on the forum are subject to additional compression in JPG compared to the gallery.

Flowering time.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 390K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
    edited February 2020

Spring still life

Especially for the competition, I modeled these flowers. I do not know what they are called and what flowers 

they look like. Maybe you tell me? All models are made in Wings 3D.
    All textures are procedural from Bryce.

Spring still life.jpg
    1080 x 900 - 289K
    Post edited by Slepalex on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,096

Yellow Pen, MelanieL : thank you.

Slepalex : wow, both stunning renders, superb modeling.

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,977
    Horo said:

My first entry.
    Name: Flower Tree.
    Used: Bryce (6 trees, a 2D-Disk and the Reed HDRI; the ladybug is from the Internet).

_ pretty good ,

But how did you get Insects  from the web ?? _ giggles_

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,756

Horo: flower tree is a very nice colourful work. Flower terrain is weird and highly original.

Adbc: Great wonderfully coloured scene.

Slepalex: Flowering time is a lovely render, specifically the tulips. I am less sure about the snowy mountains in the background. The look out of place to me. And spring still life is a masterful still life with fantastic lighting, I love it!

Hansmar said:

Slepalex: Flowering time is a lovely render, specifically the tulips. I am less sure about the snowy mountains in the background. The look out of place to me. And spring still life is a masterful still life with fantastic lighting, I love it!

Thanks, Hans. I expected such a question from you.
    If you're not sure, then I have to convince you.

I can add a couple of hundred links.

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

Slepalex: Tulips, I think.... and, nice entries. I like the blue Flowers in Combination with the Tulips.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Slepalex- wow, two beautiful renders, awesome modeling.

• @ Tim82: Celtic Flowers is just beautiful.
    @ mermaid: Spring Flowers - wonderful colors.
    @ MelanieL: Yes, it is the Turbosquid house. Very well found, compliment.
    @ Horo: Flower Tree - What a brilliant idea and beautifully done
      Flower Terrain - Wow, you have to get this idea first. Very nice.
    @ adbc: Flowers composition - beautiful. A real work of art.
    @Slepalex: Two incredible renderings and really good modeling.

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858

my 3rd entry

:Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 687K
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241

Nice!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111
    edited March 2020

MelaniL - Thank you.

Slepalex - beautiful tulip meadow. The Spring still life is yet another of your awesome still life, impeccable scene.

ed3D - ah, my router has a small door at the back and the insects can be found there cheeky

Hansmar - thank you.

drachenlords - thank you.

Tim82 - Spring Flowers is an outstanding work.

My third entry.
    Name: Flowers in Pot.
    Used: Roses by Xfrog, Gazania by Lisa's Botanicals, the pot from the Vegetation set. Light and backdrop by the BokehWood HDRI.

Flowers in Pot

FlowersInPot.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 287K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Slepalex - can't have too may tulips! I especially like the still life.

Tim82 - Spring Flowers is just beautiful!

Horo - what an interesting composition (the reflective blobs), lovely bright render.

@Horo, Flowers in pot looks awesome :)

thanks everyone for the nice coments :)

Hansmar, drachenlords : thank you.

Tim82 : Wonderful entry, very realistic.

Horo : Awesome render, the blobs are a nice addition to create more reflection.

Drachenlords - thanks

Tim - wow outstanding render, it's beautiful

Horo - another awesome, superb render.

Thank you MelanieL, Tim82, adbc and mermaid. (The reflective blobs are 20 metaballs.)

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

"Metaballs" - of course that's what I meant (I couldn't remember the right word)

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918
    edited March 2020

WOW, Tim and Horo - wonderful Flowers, and the Bee is nice Tim. Really beautiful both and wonderful light.

Post edited by Yellow Pen on
  • akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited March 2020

Jamahoney:
    "Raindrops and Rose..." - i like slightly cartoonish feel and colours, colours saturated and also almost feel _neon_ , also reflections in those drops are nice touch, cool melancholic scene you did.

drachenlords:
    "Toxic waste flower" - haha! Nice, classic mutant horror episode comes to life.
    "Irish Wildflower" - beautiful! And, also, poetic. Free, wild spirit... Composition overall looks nice, too.

Tim82:
    "Flower Creek" - no such thing like a bad weather, yeah! You are "lucky photographer".
    "Celtic Flowers" - serious tone here. Makes think about things.
    "Spring Flowers" - amazing "macro photography" here :) Also colours are very gentle, and lighting is beautifully done.

mermaid010:
    "Spring Flowers" - pleasant abstract :) Very calm.

Horo:
    "Flower Tree" - interesting idea and well done! Would be pretty exclusive decoration for holiday.
    "Flower Terrain" - beautiful, mesmerizing scene. I don't fully understand your method, though, could you do some shots from different angles later perhaps?
    "Flowers in Pot" - cosmic force pot, huh. Bubbles know the secret of life.

adbc:
    "Flowers composition" - lovely night scene, very charming. Something that could be created for those Olympic games' Opening Ceremonies.

Slepalex:
    "Flowering time" - peaceful scene with colourful flowers. Wind comes from the right?
    "Spring still life" - i don't know flowers name too. Blue ones have tone/colour of "Vasilki", but actual structure/geometry is very different. Anyway, great to see a new still life composition from you. Great modelling, as well.

Post edited by akmerlow on

thank you for the nice comments ....much appreciated :)

Akmerlow - thanks

akmerlow : thank you.

Thank you Yellow Pen and akmerlow.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Many thanks, Akmerlow...and such wondeful following works and renders to explore.

Jay.

Slepalex said:
    Hansmar said:

Thanks, Hans. I expected such a question from you.
    If you're not sure, then I have to convince you.

I can add a couple of hundred links.

Hi Slepalex, I did not mean that mountains with snow look out of place when there are fields with flowers in the foreground. I am quite conviced of that. But your snow mountains look out of place in this scene. Maybe for two reasons: 1) the texturing is not as wonderful as of the rest of the scene and 2) in front of the snowy mountains there are other mountains that look much more like rocky desert mountains as one might find in the dryer parts of the world. Perhaps if you modify the texture of the background mountains to be a bit more variable in the snowy part and give the foreground mountains the same texture as the background mountains, my eyes and mind do not think there is something not fitting anymore.

Tim82: Great close-up! Where did you get that incredible model of a bee complete with hairs?

Horo: yet another great entry. 

I have not even started working at an entry for this one and one month has already passed. I guess I have to skip this one, although I have some ideas.

Horo said:

ed3D - ah, my router has a small door at the back and the insects can be found there cheeky

My third entry.
    Name: Flowers in Pot.

_ good entries and Thanx _ yes

edited March 2020

_  And many good renders    heart

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited June 2020

_ NOT AN ENTRY _

Post edited by ed3D on