JoeQuick appreciation - simply the best.

15678911»

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151
    edited July 2021

Same question. Own Felton but was not aware that there was an addon.

What was the name of the addon? Might be already in my libary?

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • Enchanted April said:

I've just bought the funny Storybook Mouse but could someone tell me please how to dress the mouse over the dForce fur? The fur is poking through the complete outfit. I tried it with the Romeo Shirt like in one of the promos but no luck. On the product page it says about DForce hair settings... Where? And the morphs for the head (ears etc.) I also cannot find anywhere. And is there a way to pose the tail? Selecting all the bones does not work. It bends just for the last 4 bones. Is there a readme or such? Thanks in advance... 

You have to slect the fur and go to each body part that you don't want to have the fur and turn it off .

I haven't been able to get the fur to render myself.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,220

My last render was very JoeQuick heavy:

Chaperone

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,533

2 of JieQuick's figures in this one:

Holiday Card 2021

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,871
    edited December 2021

Another amazing creation from JoeQuick - https://www.daz3d.com/storybook-beaver-for-genesis-81-males

Beaver in Space - maybe...

Also used: https://www.daz3d.com/on-the-river-of-the-flow-poses-for-the-beaver-for-genesis-81-male

He is definitely another star in the growing collection - thanks for creating him.

Happy New Year and I am hoping for the many new incoming creations from JoeQuick!

OuterSpace01sc02pic11.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 582K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • csaacsaa Posts: 812

@Artini,

Yeah, JoeQuick has good stuff! I've used Sobek and the Mouse King.

Cheers!

Great images, @csaa.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,388

I just have to say this, I really really love all the great creatures that JoeQuick is offering in this year's D+ midyear sale as 1.99 items, and I think it's a very generous thing to do. The last one I just got is the Beaver, and I absolutely adore the little guy. He looks so realistic that I think with matching poses, I could pass him off for the real thing in a render as well. I'm becoming sort of a JoeQuick collector rapidly - now got Mrs Hedgehog, Mr Pumpkin Head, Felton, Frosty and the Matchstick Man, the Gargoyle, Storybook Mouse, Turtle, and Beaver, Duckie, the Snail, the Deer kit, and of course the amazing Tree Giant. It' unbelievable what a talented artist can do with a few morphs and textures. Please keep 'em coming, @JoeQuick, especially the Storybook animals! I think a rabbit / hare is still missing ... (*hint, *hint)

edited July 2022
    Mole02.jpg
    925 x 1200 - 382K
    Post edited by Artini on

LOVE the new Manticore. Despite being very thoroughly broke, I had no choice but to grab it. I'm not much of a stickler for realism, especially when it comes to fantasy creatures, but I do wish the wings were bigger. Not big enough to realistically support its weight, because that would make them gigantic, but at least big enough to look imposing.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699

Gordig said:

LOVE the new Manticore. Despite being very thoroughly broke, I had no choice but to grab it. I'm not much of a stickler for realism, especially when it comes to fantasy creatures, but I do wish the wings were bigger. Not big enough to realistically support its weight, because that would make them gigantic, but at least big enough to look imposing.

You can just scale them up.   

It can be hard to fit big wings in promos.

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,699

Here are a couple images I did that Daz replaced with those purple ones...

mainpromo.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 670K
    popup03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 533K
  • Really dig this. Especially as the geografts work on non-Manticore morphs pretty well.

Here is a render I did.

manticore.png
    1500 x 1500 - 5M
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

impressive

•  I like him, but he looks too friendly for a monster. I don't want any of my heroes stabbing him with sharp utensils.

• Question: how easy or hard would it be to change the Mouse King's fur color? As simple as changing the diffuse color? Or would it require texture map editing?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2022

zombietaggerung said:

Question: how easy or hard would it be to change the Mouse King's fur color? As simple as changing the diffuse color? Or would it require texture map editing?

I've done this for another product's light grey / white fur and you can add the desired color to the base color and other places where a texture map is used for the fur. Leave the texture maps if you can though. In the other product I changed the color in 3 different locations for each surface but most of the effective change was on the base color.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • nonesuch00 said:

zombietaggerung said:

Question: how easy or hard would it be to change the Mouse King's fur color? As simple as changing the diffuse color? Or would it require texture map editing?

I've done this for another peoduct's light grey / white fur and you can add the desired color to the base color and other places where a texture map is used for the fur. Leave the texture maps if you can though. I the other product I changed the color in 3 different locations for each surface but most of the effective change was on the base color.

Thanks very much.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    edited December 2022

Muck is my all-time favorite character. I wish there were an Iray verson of him. Sobek is pretty nice, too.

Sobek Rescues Victoria 9 from the Swamp

Sobek in swamp_Default Camera Clean Light.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M
    Sobek in swamp_Camera Clean Light.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on

Sentai Warriors

Sentai Warriors

Now we are talking - new awesomeness from JoeQuick:

https://www.daz3d.com/teddy-bear-for-genesis-9

It's a bit more Care Bears than the G8 version. They're both good, but I think I prefer the new one.

• MusclemanMuscleman Posts: 2,987

Love it!

bruno04.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 766K
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,200
    edited February 2023

Welcome Dear Friend! Come Meet My Family,

Tree Spirit greets Shroom Dwarf's World_004 PS 1920.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

Kitbash-Using 2 of JoeQuick's products

Mecha Mania

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited April 2023

Hello JoeQuick...

I sent you a PM quite some time ago, but the system is a bit complicated and it looks like that you didn't even get notified of any posts...

So I'd like to ask you here - apologizes for that, but after all it seriously *is* an appreciation of your great work... yes

You mentioned last year that you plan to release more "storybook" animals sometimes in the future, and in the list you especially mentioned a badger.

As a matter of fact, I'm desparately looking for a badger character (and even in the look & feel of your previous figures) and it would be great to simply know in which time schemes it could be realistic, because any info on that helps me with my plans to know when to start making plans for it...

So do you have any "vague estimate" in about which time span (weeks, months, years...) a badger character may be realistic, and if you still plan to continue your storybook series at all?

Either way, a million thanks for all characters that already exist... and they are so cool and beautiful that I actually bought them all even without precise plans for some of them at all... wink

Post edited by Martin_C on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,791

https://www.daz3d.com/young-anime-heroes-for-genesis-9

He did it again... the Anime Heroes look real good!

edited April 2023

Yes, I agree. I also like his https://www.daz3d.com/kawaii-alien-slime

Kawai01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 221K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited April 2023

I really like: https://www.daz3d.com/young-anime-heroes-for-genesis-9

JoeQuick is a great artist.

yah01sc07pic03.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 241K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Hi, I love the Storybook models I have purchased from JoeQuick, for use in a project I'm creating. But what I was hoping would be made to add to my growing collection are Squirrel storybook characters for Gen 8 both Male and Female, I'd snatch these up in seconds! 

Joe, if you ever make these, please let me know I am poised to purchase!

Regards
    Martin