[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

This may have been covered, but is there a way to associate third-party texures with the wardrobe assets they're based on?  Right now I have to uncheck context and search by name.

• Sevrin said:

This may have been covered, but is there a way to associate third-party texures with the wardrobe assets they're based on?  Right now I have to uncheck context and search by name.

You need to create the product for the wardrobe asset first.  Then when you use Content Wizard, double click on the Compatiblities row of the table view to bring up all products in DS in the Edit Compatible Items Dialog.

Search and find the item you want.  You can shift-double click to edit more than one row of Compatibilities at once.

2020-10-29_8-15-56.jpg
    812 x 867 - 81K
    Sevrin said:

You need to create the product for the wardrobe asset first.  Then when you use Content Wizard, double click on the Compatiblities row of the table view to bring up all products in DS in the Edit Compatible Items Dialog.

Search and find the item you want.  You can shift-double click to edit more than one row of Compatibilities at once.

Thanks.  I don't think I'll go back and try with items I've already installed, but will give this a shot the next time.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807

I saw in another thread that @Rod Wise Driggo is asking for help with calling out to a Mac text editor, and I saw that this topic has come up already here -- and that @RiverSoftArt didn't have an immediate solution.

I don't have any experience with DAZ Studio scripting, but I know both the Mac and Javascript well, so I might possibly be able to make some suggestions. However, the copy of the script that I have seems to be encrypted (.dse), so I can't get a look at the original sources.

Can someone point me in the right direction, or share a code snippet? Even seeing how it's done on Windows might help me make a possibly-helpful suggestion.

Looking through the docs, I've found the 'platform()' method -- which would let you figure out which OS you're on, and adjust your behavior accordingly -- but I haven't found whatever magic function lets you call out to external applications. Any hints, please?

• Hey bytescapes, would be great if you have a solution for this. Riversoft uses a variable in the file data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa

The line in the code is: var sEditor = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe";

Obviously that cannot work on Mac. I tried with replacing the bold application location with something like "/System/Applications/TextEdit"; but without success.

The method for using the sEditor var must be in a different file though, which probably only RiverSoft can tell.

Any ideas?

I don't know exactly which function in the Content Wizard UI invokes an external text editor, so I can't test this myself. However, I believe that the path you want might be:

/Applications/Textedit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit

Certainly, if I invoke this from the command line, TextEdit opens right up.

However, I also see some weird behavior with invoking the app this way. TextEdit reports a permissions error if I specify a file to open, i.e.

/Applications/Textedit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit some-sample-file.txt

A different text editor, BBEdit, spews a string of warnings and then opens the wrong file. So I'm not 100% certain that this is the right approach.

Can you let me know what you do to summon up an external editor from within Content Wizard? Then perhaps I can try changing variables in the common file and see if that works.

• Hey bytescapes, would be great if you have a solution for this. Riversoft uses a variable in the file data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa

The line in the code is: var sEditor = "C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe";

Obviously that cannot work on Mac. I tried with replacing the bold application location with something like "/System/Applications/TextEdit"; but without success.

The method for using the sEditor var must be in a different file though, which probably only RiverSoft can tell.

Any ideas?

Thanks Rod Wise Driggo.  Yes, that line is the one that needs to be changed for Mac.

This is the code that I wrote (with help from Daz samples to execute the program and load a file on the PC:

function ExecuteProgram( filename, aProcessArgs )
    {
      if (filename.isEmpty()) return false;
      var helper = new DzStringHelper();
      if (App.platform() == App.Windows)
      {
        // should use DzDir.toNativeSeperators()
        var file = helper.replaceAll(filename, '/', '\\');
        aProcessArgs.splice(0, 0, '"'+file+'"');
      }
      else if (App.platform() == App.MacOSX)
      {
        var file = filename;
      }

var oProcess = new DzProcess();

if (output_debug)
        print('args',aProcessArgs);
      // Assign the arguments
      oProcess.arguments = aProcessArgs;

// If starting the process fails
      if( !oProcess.start() ){
        // Inform the user
        MessageBox.critical( qsTr("Could not start %1.  Please check your installation".arg(filename)), qsTr("Fatal Error"), qsTr("&OK") );
        return false;
      }
      return true;
    }

To call it would be like this:

// to call:

var output_debug = true;
          var helper = new DzStringHelper();
          var afilename = helper.replaceAll("C:/My doc.txt", '/', '\\');
            ExecuteProgram( "C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/notepad++.exe", [afilename] );

edited November 2020

The following code snippet:

oProcess.arguments = ["open", "-a", "TextEdit", "/Users/bytescapes/Desktop/mysample.txt"];

if (!oProcess.start()) {

MessageBox.critical(qsTr("Could not start"), qsTr("Fatal Error"), qsTr("&OK"));

}

worked for me on Mac. It's also possible to use:

oProcess.arguments = ["/Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit", "/Users/bytescapes/Desktop/mysample.txt"];

but the one that uses 'open' is cleaner: you just have to name the application that you want to open, rather than specifying a full path to a binary inside the application's package file. And there are other reasons (see below) why it's better.

Looking at your code, it looks to me as if ExecuteProgram already does pathname-escaping -- calling replaceAll on the pathname to the text editor to replace '/' with '\\' -- and it does it conditionally only on the Windows platform. That's the correct behavior. You don't need to call replaceAll outside ExecuteProgram. If you do, it will break things on Mac.

To make your script Mac-compatible, you could do the following. First, replace line 14 in ExecuteProgram:

with:

aProcessArgs = ["open","-a",filename,aProcessArgs[0]];

Then, when you call ExecuteProgram, instead of passing a pathname to the program, just pass the name of the application -- TextEdit. You can choose whether you want to hard-code TextEdit as the only accepted editor, or whether you want users to be able to override it in the 'RSSmartContentConstants.dsa' file. I think it would be nice to be able to specify other editors -- I'm a fan of BBEdit -- but that's up to you.

Having played around a bit, I would strongly recommend using "open" as shown above. It is possible to launch TextEdit by specifying the full path to the embedded binary (although you need to remove the code that wraps the pathname in double quotes -- that's why @RodWiseDriggo's attempts to get the desired behavior by just editing 'RSSmartContentConstants.dsa' didn't work). However, that seems to cause some weird side-effects: permissions errors and multiple instances of TextEdit running. With "open" plus the app name (not the app path), everything goes much more smoothly.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any questions.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • Thanks for your thoughts on this, bytescapes. As this is a bit above my head codewise I hope Riversoft can look into it and maybe try it out. I'll be glad to beta-test. Would be perfect to have an already great product working even better on Mac as well.

• The following code snippet:

oProcess.arguments = ["open", "-a", "TextEdit", "/Users/bytescapes/Desktop/mysample.txt"];

if (!oProcess.start()) {

MessageBox.critical(qsTr("Could not start"), qsTr("Fatal Error"), qsTr("&OK"));

}

worked for me on Mac. It's also possible to use:

oProcess.arguments = ["/Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit", "/Users/bytescapes/Desktop/mysample.txt"];

but the one that uses 'open' is cleaner: you just have to name the application that you want to open, rather than specifying a full path to a binary inside the application's package file. And there are other reasons (see below) why it's better.

Looking at your code, it looks to me as if ExecuteProgram already does pathname-escaping -- calling replaceAll on the pathname to the text editor to replace '/' with '\\' -- and it does it conditionally only on the Windows platform. That's the correct behavior. You don't need to call replaceAll outside ExecuteProgram. If you do, it will break things on Mac.

To make your script Mac-compatible, you could do the following. First, replace line 14 in ExecuteProgram:

with:

aProcessArgs = ["open","-a",filename,aProcessArgs[0]];

Then, when you call ExecuteProgram, instead of passing a pathname to the program, just pass the name of the application -- TextEdit. You can choose whether you want to hard-code TextEdit as the only accepted editor, or whether you want users to be able to override it in the 'RSSmartContentConstants.dsa' file. I think it would be nice to be able to specify other editors -- I'm a fan of BBEdit -- but that's up to you.

Having played around a bit, I would strongly recommend using "open" as shown above. It is possible to launch TextEdit by specifying the full path to the embedded binary (although you need to remove the code that wraps the pathname in double quotes -- that's why @RodWiseDriggo's attempts to get the desired behavior by just editing 'RSSmartContentConstants.dsa' didn't work). However, that seems to cause some weird side-effects: permissions errors and multiple instances of TextEdit running. With "open" plus the app name (not the app path), everything goes much more smoothly.

I hope this is clear. Let me know if you have any questions.

I will try that.  If you or Rod Wise Driggo would PM me your email, we can try an update.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited November 2020

I've read through all 25 pages... and I don't think I am any clearer now than when I startered regarding the Categories

Does Content Wizard take into account my custom categories at all?  I am not seeing MY custom categories... or for that matter, Daz's Default Categories as alternative choices when I click on Categories in the Table View.  Where does CW look to get the list of Category Options for the Table View?

I AM using the latest DAZ beta... and thought... well maybe these are categories from my "Other" public install, but, they aren't.

So my question is, "Should I be able to put the assets that appear on the Table View into Custom Categories?  If not, shouldn't at least the Default categories be available?

I am sure it is all usuer error, but any clarity would be appreciated.

Pic shows what CW is offering as categories (left), on the right is a screen cap of my actual categories custom/default

Cat-01.jpg
    1338 x 998 - 239K
    Post edited by Chumly on
  • Chumly said:

I've read through all 25 pages... and I don't think I am any clearer now than when I startered regarding the Categories

Does Content Wizard take into account my custom categories at all?  I am not seeing MY custom categories... or for that matter, Daz's Default Categories as alternative choices when I click on Categories in the Table View.  Where does CW look to get the list of Category Options for the Table View?

I AM using the latest DAZ beta... and thought... well maybe these are categories from my "Other" public install, but, they aren't.

So my question is, "Should I be able to put the assets that appear on the Table View into Custom Categories?  If not, shouldn't at least the Default categories be available?

I am sure it is all usuer error, but any clarity would be appreciated.

Pic shows what CW is offering as categories (left), on the right is a screen cap of my actual categories custom/default

Wow, that is weird.  The script pulls the categories from Daz Studio.  I think I will need to work with you on this one.  Could you PM me your email address?

Wow, that is weird.  The script pulls the categories from Daz Studio. 

The more I am thinking about it... I wonder if it is somehow pulling the list from another/older installation.  I did create some of the categories listed for an older Daz install (maybe 4.11?) But now I have upgraded to 4.12 and switched a few weeks back to the Beta as I wanted to try out Filiment.  So... maybe... somehow it is looking at an older installs list?

• Chumly said:

Wow, that is weird.  The script pulls the categories from Daz Studio. 

The more I am thinking about it... I wonder if it is somehow pulling the list from another/older installation.  I did create some of the categories listed for an older Daz install (maybe 4.11?) But now I have upgraded to 4.12 and switched a few weeks back to the Beta as I wanted to try out Filiment.  So... maybe... somehow it is looking at an older installs list?

I think DS has a wrinkle with categories that the script isn't prepared for, like 2 list of categories.  If you want to work with me, we can try and make it work.

• Anyone know how to fix the images for this?  It's from Rendo, LF Impulsive Outfit.  This is before content is installed just the Analyze function.  Just load the zip, filled out the fields for product, vendor, store, ID and hit Analyze.

If it's not too much trouble, and can be rolled into some future update, I would like to request a quality of life modification.  Just about every item from another site comes with a text file containing the license/license agreement.  If there's some way we could avoid having to click off for any file name that includes the word using either spelling, I'd be much obliged.  That way we'd only have to pay attention to files we actually care about overwriting.

I recently got caught up with installing stuff bought during recent sales, and, well, it's at times like that when you get annoyed about that kind of thing.  Like I said, it's more of a QOL thing, so not urgent, and not something worth breaking anything over.

• Anyone know how to fix the images for this?  It's from Rendo, LF Impulsive Outfit.  This is before content is installed just the Analyze function.  Just load the zip, filled out the fields for product, vendor, store, ID and hit Analyze.

Unfortunately, I cannot read the screen capture to see the path.  I *can* see that those are .dsf files so they wouldn't have icon.  They should be in directories that CW does not consider user facing so they wouldn't show up.  However, obviously they are.

• Sevrin said:

If it's not too much trouble, and can be rolled into some future update, I would like to request a quality of life modification.  Just about every item from another site comes with a text file containing the license/license agreement.  If there's some way we could avoid having to click off for any file name that includes the word using either spelling, I'd be much obliged.  That way we'd only have to pay attention to files we actually care about overwriting.

I recently got caught up with installing stuff bought during recent sales, and, well, it's at times like that when you get annoyed about that kind of thing.  Like I said, it's more of a QOL thing, so not urgent, and not something worth breaking anything over.

Good idea.  I will put that on my list of things to implement.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 663

Anyone know how to fix the images for this?  It's from Rendo, LF Impulsive Outfit.  This is before content is installed just the Analyze function.  Just load the zip, filled out the fields for product, vendor, store, ID and hit Analyze.

Unfortunately, I cannot read the screen capture to see the path.  I *can* see that those are .dsf files so they wouldn't have icon.  They should be in directories that CW does not consider user facing so they wouldn't show up.  However, obviously they are.

This normally happens is the files are not zipped correctly or the folder structure is not correctly set out inside the zip file

• Platnumk said:

Anyone know how to fix the images for this?  It's from Rendo, LF Impulsive Outfit.  This is before content is installed just the Analyze function.  Just load the zip, filled out the fields for product, vendor, store, ID and hit Analyze.

This normally happens is the files are not zipped correctly or the folder structure is not correctly set out inside the zip file

Thanks @Platnumk!  That is true too.

The problem with displaying custom categories still exists and I sent a PM.

What it looks like it (CW) is doing is displaying the all the contents of the first Custom Category as top level Categories, instead of showing my top level custom categories.

Maybe the pic will explain better.

Upgraded to 4.14, still has same issue.

Cat-Daz.jpg
    846 x 716 - 152K
  • Chumly said:

The problem with displaying custom categories still exists and I sent a PM.

What it looks like it (CW) is doing is displaying the all the contents of the first Custom Category as top level Categories, instead of showing my top level custom categories.

Maybe the pic will explain better.

Upgraded to 4.14, still has same issue.

Sent you a PM

• Please, I would like to get some help. Items are not showing on the smart content tab. when I am installing the files I get an error, here is the log:

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Analyzing Product...

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Scanning "People" directory...

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/!Pose 000.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/!Pose 000.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039 Chair pose and scale.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039 Chair pose and scale.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039M.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039M.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Analysis Complete.

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Version Number 1.1

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Verifying "2020 Pose 039 for G8 Female " product does not exist already

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Found existing product in Daz Studio: 2020 Pose 039 for G8 Female

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Product: 2020 Pose 039 for G8 Female

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Description:

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): URL: @

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Artists:

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Store: Renderosity

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Vendor: false

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): GUID: 5adc6f01-cfaa-4b1e-ac51-8fa890735100

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Date Installed: Sun Nov 15 2020 19:14:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) (Currently Installed: true)

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Date Released: Sun Nov 15 2020 19:14:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Copy: false, Delete: true, Insert: false, Modify: true, Rename: true

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Number of Assets: 0

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Number of Child Containers: 0

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Building product metadata...

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Unable to open file for writing: A:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_86614_2020_Pose_039_for_G8_Female_.dsx

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: A:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_86614_2020_Pose_039_for_G8_Female_.dsx

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

In the smart content tab shows the following (see attached file) after failed installation attempt. any help will be appreciated. This is the file that I am trying to install https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/2020-pose-039-for-g8-female/86614

Thanks

Capture.PNG
    498 x 897 - 36K
  • Please, I would like to get some help. Items are not showing on the smart content tab. when I am installing the files I get an error, here is the log:

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Analyzing Product...

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Scanning "People" directory...

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/!Pose 000.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/!Pose 000.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039 Chair pose and scale.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039 Chair pose and scale.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): preset_pose File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039M.duf

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): .png File: C:/Users/xxxxx/AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Ita/Freebie/2020_Pose 039M.png

19:30:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Analysis Complete.

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Installing Product to Daz Studio...

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Version Number 1.1

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Verifying existence of Renderosity store: true

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Verifying "2020 Pose 039 for G8 Female " product does not exist already

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Found existing product in Daz Studio: 2020 Pose 039 for G8 Female

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Product: 2020 Pose 039 for G8 Female

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Description:

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): URL: @

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Artists:

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Store: Renderosity

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Vendor: false

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): GUID: 5adc6f01-cfaa-4b1e-ac51-8fa890735100

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Date Installed: Sun Nov 15 2020 19:14:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time) (Currently Installed: true)

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Date Released: Sun Nov 15 2020 19:14:24 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Copy: false, Delete: true, Insert: false, Modify: true, Rename: true

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Number of Assets: 0

19:31:03 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Number of Child Containers: 0

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Building product metadata...

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Unable to open file for writing: A:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_86614_2020_Pose_039_for_G8_Female_.dsx

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import: A:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_86614_2020_Pose_039_for_G8_Female_.dsx

19:31:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time): There were errors during installation.

In the smart content tab shows the following (see attached file) after failed installation attempt. any help will be appreciated. This is the file that I am trying to install https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/2020-pose-039-for-g8-female/86614

Thanks

Capture.PNG
    498 x 897 - 36K
  • Your first log talks about 

Unable to open file for writing: A:/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_86614_2020_Pose_039_for_G8_Female_.ds

Is your My Daz 3D Library really on the A: drive?

For your second log.  DELETE the product from Smart Content (according to the manual) and try again.  Often when the product is only halfway installed, it makes it impossible for CW to finish with it.  Clearing it out can help.

• Is there a way to increase the logging level of Content Wizard? I am stuck with a failing installation, and have no clue where to look next. The log file does not say much, I am afraid:

2020-12-03 18:20:55.625      ...Success
    2020-12-03 18:20:55.625 DEBUG: Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_226628_TF_Building_Grounds.dsx
    2020-12-03 18:20:55.625 Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_226628_TF_Building_Grounds.dsx
    2020-12-03 18:20:56.672 DEBUG: Error importing product into Smart Content database
    2020-12-03 18:20:56.673 Error importing product into Smart Content database
    2020-12-03 18:20:56.674 DEBUG: There were errors during installation.
    2020-12-03 18:20:56.675 There were errors during installation.

• Is there a way to increase the logging level of Content Wizard? I am stuck with a failing installation, and have no clue where to look next. The log file does not say much, I am afraid:

2020-12-03 18:20:55.625 DEBUG: Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_226628_TF_Building_Grounds.dsx
    2020-12-03 18:20:55.625 Importing Product into Daz Studio.../Runtime/Support/Renderosity_226628_TF_Building_Grounds.dsx
    2020-12-03 18:20:56.672 DEBUG: Error importing product into Smart Content database

This is the Daz Log.  You need to make sure the variable output_debug = true in the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file (editable in a text editor).  This is the default so it should be working.  However, I don't see the report for the Content Wizard version, which should be showing up.  For errors like this, it is a good idea is to DELETE the product (per the manual) and try again.

This is the Daz Log.  You need to make sure the variable output_debug = true in the RSSmartContentConstants.dsa file (editable in a text editor).  This is the default so it should be working.  However, I don't see the report for the Content Wizard version, which should be showing up.  For errors like this, it is a good idea is to DELETE the product (per the manual) and try again.

I did that, and checked that debug_output is really set tu true. I retried after a fresh restart of the machine. Same behaviour. I disabled the "Save to DAZ Studio Log" to obtain a clean Conetnt Wizard log. I tried to use the "Save Log" button within Contet Wizard, Studio crashes immediately (iMac, macOS Catalina).

CW creates the product icon, and then exists with that error. I have installed the content first, and I successfully used it from the Content Library pane.

I did that, and checked that debug_output is really set tu true. I retried after a fresh restart of the machine. Same behaviour. I disabled the "Save to DAZ Studio Log" to obtain a clean Conetnt Wizard log. I tried to use the "Save Log" button within Contet Wizard, Studio crashes immediately (iMac, macOS Catalina).

CW creates the product icon, and then exists with that error. I have installed the content first, and I successfully used it from the Content Library pane.

Strange because the Daz log (not the Content Wizard log) should have a TON more information.  Are you sure you have the latest?

• Content Wizard says it is 1.1, ordered and installed 2020-08-30, DAZ is version 4.12.1.118