Liquid Pack for DAZ Studio (Commercial)

JoLabJoLab Posts: 327

Hi guys, I'm glad to be back with this exciting new product; Liquid Pack for DAZ Studio. It was a lot of fun to make but also very frustrating because liquids have very complex shapes and are difficult to reproduce in 3D. The challenge was to achieve cool and detailed liquids with a reasonable polygon count.

This pack is far from done and I will welcome all comments and suggestions that you may have to make this pack better and more useful.

For now the pack is separated in four categories; Abstract, Pouring, Splash and Splatter. There's also a matching plane included that matches all the liquids with a disc-like base. I will show this feature soon and improve it based on your comments.

Magical_Liquid_Rite01.jpg
2000 x 1389 - 405K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Here's a showcase of what the pack look like.

Splash_Liquid_Showcase01.jpg
    1000 x 1215 - 458K
    Pouring_Liquid_Showcase02.jpg
    1147 x 1134 - 303K
    Pouring_Liquid_Showcase01.jpg
    1147 x 1254 - 527K
    Abstract_Liquid_Showcase01.jpg
    1000 x 1215 - 484K
    edited December 1969

The continuation...

Splatter_Liquid_Showcase02.jpg
    876 x 1215 - 270K
    Splatter_Liquid_Showcase01.jpg
    1000 x 1215 - 398K
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited March 2014

That looks like a very handy set, awesome!
    What I have been looking for -and didn't find so far- are droplets like the ones that fall from a partly open water tap.
    tap droplets

Is this something that might fit in your set?

EDIT
    Changed "party" to "partly" XD
    A party tap is a whole different category lol

Post edited by Sylvan on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for your great input. I will add that for sure.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390
    edited December 1969

This looks like it will be very useful.

edited December 1969

I hope it will...

That's why I want your inputs.

• RiggswolfeRiggswolfe Posts: 899
    edited December 1969

Does this also include some liquid shaders? And is it all water or will you have different types of liquid?

• MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited December 1969

I love the edges, can we have a corner?

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

I know I'll be using it for gory blood splatters!

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited March 2014

As good-looking as I was hoping for, ever since you hinted at making this set!

Not sure quite how this could be possible, but a saliva-based effect for creatures? I'm thinking this could possibly be done as an extra-long 'mini-waterfall' to be placed inside a human/vampire or animal figure's mouth. Would be useful to create the kind of thing you see in the 'Alien' films, with saliva dripping from a creature's jaws in anticipation of attack. Or even shaded red, to look as if it's just been eating or draining a victim.

Another idea: Foamy spray to create the illusion of a wake in the water, for boats and ships to seem as if they're speeding along? Was directed over to a free product based on this idea, but it didn't scale right and apparently wasn't textured, making it look fake. The only hitch I can think of is that it might have to be morph-able, somehow, to account for different shapes and sizes of hulls.

Also, maybe a highly reflective shader, so that you can give an appearance of liquid mercury. Am sure someone out there would like to recreat a liquid metal T-1000 with it. :)

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Hi guys and thanks for your great comments.

I will include a few shaders in the pack. Of course the basic water shader; an oil shader; an ooze shader; a blood shader an a mercury shader for liquid metal type of effects. With those 5 shaders you can pretty much achieve any type of liquid just by changing the diffuse color.
    You can also use any type of shaders that you might have.

edited December 1969

MarcCCTx said:
    I love the edges, can we have a corner?

A square matching plane is also included, a small one and a huge one. I will show the matching plane pretty soon.

edited December 1969

As good-looking as I was hoping for, ever since you hinted at making this set!

Not sure quite how this could be possible, but a saliva-based effect for creatures? I'm thinking this could possibly be done as an extra-long 'mini-waterfall' to be placed inside a human/vampire or animal figure's mouth. Would be useful to create the kind of thing you see in the 'Alien' films, with saliva dripping from a creature's jaws in anticipation of attack. Or even shaded red, to look as if it's just been eating or draining a victim.

Another idea: Foamy spray to create the illusion of a wake in the water, for boats and ships to seem as if they're speeding along? Was directed over to a free product based on this idea, but it didn't scale right and apparently wasn't textured, making it look fake. The only hitch I can think of is that it might have to be morph-able, somehow, to account for different shapes and sizes of hulls.

Also, maybe a highly reflective shader, so that you can give an appearance of liquid mercury. Am sure someone out there would like to recreat a liquid metal T-1000 with it. :)

Xenomorphine, you always have great and crazy suggestions. I love that.

A slimy saliva prop for Genesis and friends, incredibly complex. I tried to make one for Blaster and it didn't work so I don't think that I can pull this off. You're better off with Photoshop brushes for this type of effects.

For a foam effects, I feel it's beyond what this pack is about. I'm making small to medium size liquids not a ocean toolkit. There's already an ocean toolkit for DAZ, Ocean Wide. Does it include some type of foam effects?

edited December 1969

Shame! Would be nice if it can eventually be done.

Funny you should mention that, actually. Not in that product, no, but was communicating with the maker of it, soon after seeing your post here. They might be able to do something along those lines in the near future. Looks like the both of you will have just about every fluidic idea covered, between you. :)

Love what you're coming up with, so far! Can see these effects helping with just about every genre of art imaginable.

edited December 1969

Another random idea: Would it be possible to create a waterfall-like 'curtain'? I'm thinking this could be moved to the edges of something, to make it look like fluid was pouring off of it. Especially if there's a length/width morph.

For instance: You use the forearms of the Supersuit or something similar, then apply one of your fluid shaders to it. Then place the watery curtain prop immediately beneath. Combined, this could be used to make it look like water/oil/mercury/whatever was being poured over that forearm and washing around it.

edited December 1969

Interesting idea. I'll definitely try to make this work.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,156
    edited December 1969

the water looks great is it going to be morph able and rigged so we can use it in animation or is just a static prop??

Nerds 3d has waterfall and wave tool, & I was wondering if it maybe was kind of something like that :)

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,234
    edited December 1969

These are looking excellent!

edited December 1969

Ivy said:
    the water looks great is it going to be morph able and rigged so we can use it in animation or is just a static prop??

Nerds 3d has waterfall and wave tool, & I was wondering if it maybe was kind of something like that :)

For now they are static props but I will implement morphing to some of them so they can be more useful.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,729
    edited December 1969

Some of them look like they could be blood splatter. Looks real good.

edited December 1969

Out of interest, if we were to tint the silver shader to a yellow, would it look like liquid gold? Likewise, if we tinted the oil shader to something brown, would it appear like liquid milk chocolate?

edited December 1969

That's right.

By changing the diffuse color you'll be able to achieve other type of materials.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Waiting, waiting, just so you know, we Drow are not known for our ability to be patient.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,729
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Waiting, waiting, just so you know, we Drow are not known for our ability to be patient.

i am not known for my patience either.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    The continuation...

- some different water jets (sprays) with different length and bows without splashes at the end, just jets and spary jets like you have if you water your garden with a hose, you know? maybe some with morphs (length and bow) but as written without any splatter or splash at the end.

- some puddles maybe with morphs (length, width)

- some splatter with morphs (bows) so it can also be used as blood on bodies (for zombie/horror render)

- some more splash rings and some with a puddles and little waves in circles around the middle

edited December 1969

Nice propositions cosmo71.

edited December 1969

Sorry for those of you who are waiting.

This pack is on hold for now because I'm working on something special for this Easter. After that, I'll resume my work on the Liquid Pack.

edited December 1969

I have some great updates on this pack soon to be release.

New_Liquid_Showcase01.jpg
    1000 x 1215 - 544K
    edited December 1969

More blood effects...

Guy_Bleeding.jpg
    2000 x 1408 - 597K
    Blood_Liquid_Showcase01.jpg
    1000 x 1215 - 648K
    edited December 1969

Oof... Amazing stuff. The blood effects should look great when mixed with beam or sword props.

Can those waterfall-like curtains of fluid be morphed in a curve, easypose-style? Or are they only available in straight lines?