edited December 1969

Water-Rpple maxi & oil

liquid_04-02-Water-Rigid_Ripple.jpg
    727 x 1000 - 402K
    liquid_04-02-Oil.jpg
    727 x 1000 - 400K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,286
    edited December 1969

I want to mention that it is very important to have something to reflect and refract like an environment sphere or your water models will be black since all they have is internal reflection.

• JoLabJoLab Posts: 327
    edited December 1969

Here's a simple gory scene example.

BunnyGore01.jpg
    1000 x 703 - 393K
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,286
    edited December 1969

I did my Giselle fairy render with the Yosemite environment for the background and light system and a drop of water... My depth of field was off but here goes...

droplet.jpg
    1560 x 1286 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Awesome image...

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,942
    edited December 1969

quick splash attempt

splash00.gif
    485 x 800 - 5M
  • nobody1954nobody1954 Posts: 933
    edited December 1969

Somebody is up to no good.

No_Good.png
    1186 x 581 - 676K
    edited December 1969

Keep up the good work guys.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,329
    edited December 1969

JoLab1985 said:
    Between 12 an 16. Quite high but the splashes are very complex objects and require more ray trace depth.

OK thanks, I guess I won't be using them much for water my machine would takes days to render with raytracing that high and I'm much too old and impatient to wait that long for a render :lol:

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

AWESOME !!

Is it compatible with 4.5, please ?

Best regards

edited December 1969

loreleen said:
    AWESOME !!

Is it compatible with 4.5, please ?

Best regards

Not tested in 4.5. But it should be.

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Many Thanks !

• alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

I'm really enjoying this product!

splash.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 725K
    edited December 1969

Great image...

• emclean2014emclean2014 Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

hi
    i'm new to digital art, and i am learning my way around things but i have been fighting with getting a shader to take to the the liquid pack for a month now and after a few suggestions from both daz and some experienced people i STILL can't get a shader to take... all my water scenes, and blood scenes take on a comical tilt now as all i can get is the base 'milk' colored shader.... help please?

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

hi
    i'm new to digital art, and i am learning my way around things but i have been fighting with getting a shader to take to the the liquid pack for a month now and after a few suggestions from both daz and some experienced people i STILL can't get a shader to take... all my water scenes, and blood scenes take on a comical tilt now as all i can get is the base 'milk' colored shader.... help please?

If you're using DAZ Studio, select the surface you want in the Surfaces tab. Then apply the shader. If you just have the item selected in the Scene tab, the shader won't apply.

edited July 2014

i have no tabs titled surfaces to click on. under daz library, or catagories.

Post edited by emclean2014 on
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    hi

If you're using DAZ Studio, select the surface you want in the Surfaces tab. Then apply the shader. If you just have the item selected in the Scene tab, the shader won't apply.

found it, thank you! :)

• FridlesFridles Posts: 10
    edited September 2014

how do I get this to look like water? The Liquid shader isn't doing anything. I also don't see Glass in the lighting model, daz 4.6 pro. Where are the instructions on using this? Thank you.

Update: I added a forest scene and a distant light. Then added the liquid prop, then the shader. It still looks like a blob of milk. What settings do I need to have everything at?

Now I am rendering in LuxRender. I had to change the materials to glass. I wonder why there is no Glass setting in Daz 4.6.

Even though I am no where near finished with the new render, I think that Dax3d is corrupt. I will uninstall/reinstall. I tried to change the shaders and materials to something else on the drop, even blue marble and stone, nothing changed.

I didn't have to uninstall, just changed the lighting model to Glossy Metal and it is working now. I also reset all the other settings I had messed with to get this to work, then applied the water shader. IT WORKS NOW. But how do I get it to look like your image in the Product package? I am an artist and I want to do something like this for a painting.

Used DOF Camera and this looks FANTASTIC! Thanks for creating this!! This is great for those of us that don't have a steady camera hand. Do you plan on doing water drops, like the morning dew?

Forest_water_drop.jpg
    929 x 892 - 475K
    lux_waterdrop.jpg
    675 x 665 - 276K
    bad_splash_surfaces.jpg
    929 x 892 - 140K
    Post edited by Fridles on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,489
    edited December 1969

What are your render settings in DAZ Studio?

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

You have to select the liquid prop in the surfaces tab and then activate the most relevant shader.