[Released] ManFriday's dForce Companion [Commercial]

Comments

• PekenPeken Posts: 37

Hi,

Excellent tool! I can work much faster and safer now :)
    But I'm still jumping to the settings page for "Start Bones From Memorized Pose" - is it possible to add that one setting to your page?

• dougjdougj Posts: 92
    Peken said:

But I'm still jumping to the settings page for "Start Bones From Memorized Pose" - is it possible to add that one setting to your page?

+1

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited April 2020

I wasn't sure about it at first, but find it very useful; I use it all the time I'm using dForce.

The only thing it's missing (well two things), is the ability to turn off 'drape from memorised posed', and the ability to set gravity to a negative value, but it's not a biggy doing it in the other tab.

A check box to to make the gravity negative sure would be good though.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,175
    ManFriday said:
    barbult said:

Does this mean that if I add dForce to a plane to drape it, it won't show up in your new tool?

At this time, yes. But if you do "Edit" -> "Object" -> "Rigging" -> "Convert prop to figure" on the plane it will show up.

Sorry, I forgot to reply. Yes, thank you, this worked for me.

@ManFriday Today I loaded an garment that had dForce Modifier Static Surface (RockyShoo Sleeved). The dForce Companion listed it in the list of items that could be simulated. When I clicked the Simulate button, I got an error saying that there was nothing in the scene to simulate. That is correct; there were no dynamic items in the scene. Should the dForce Companion only be displaying items with dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface in the list, or is there a reason to list the Static items, too?

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549
    barbult said:

@ManFriday Today I loaded an garment that had dForce Modifier Static Surface (RockyShoo Sleeved). The dForce Companion listed it in the list of items that could be simulated. When I clicked the Simulate button, I got an error saying that there was nothing in the scene to simulate. That is correct; there were no dynamic items in the scene. Should the dForce Companion only be displaying items with dForce Modifier Dynamic Surface in the list, or is there a reason to list the Static items, too?

Probably, but I don't know how to keep them apart -- the modifier name seems to be the same in both cases. :-)

• s_j_gregorys_j_gregory Posts: 103

Super.  Though I have just purchased it and am only now trying it out.  And I will tell you that when layering clothes and the like, I see it as having excellent potential.  There are two other interesting benefits that there may be others who will find interesting or may tell me there are better options:

1.  I instantly discovered that I had two loads of the shoes on a figure, one parented to the other so not obvious in the scene tab, but listed in the Companion tool very clearly and handily.

2.  I often find myself in 'Smoothing Loops'.  Clearly it shouldn't happen but because of the trial and error nature of how I have learned what little I know about this stuff, it does happen with unfortunate regularity.  Even the disable smoothing script I find doesn't alwys help.  I hope I am able to use this to identify what figures have smoothing modifiers (if you select the show all option at the top) and help me trouble shoot where I may have smoothing I shouldn't.    

Very nice.  Thanks.

SJG 

• 3.  And you can clear a simulation for a selected item.  Not obvious at first but very handy and notably missing from the DAZ tool.

edited August 2020

3.  And you can clear a simulation for a selected item.  Not obvious at first but very handy and notably missing from the DAZ tool.

The ability to clear simulation data on a selected object is NOT missing from the Daz tool. It is just kind of hidden in the Simulation Settings context menu. I believe it was added in 4.12.1.44, according to the change log.

Clear Selected Object Simulation Data.png
    528 x 369 - 22K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    barbult said:

3.  And you can clear a simulation for a selected item.  Not obvious at first but very handy and notably missing from the DAZ tool.

The ability to clear simulation data on a selected object is NOT missing from the Daz tool. It is just kind of hidden in the Simulation Settings context menu. I believe it was added in 4.12.1.44, according to the change log.

I have a shortcut in my toolbar for that (Clear Selected). Simulate Selected has been added since and is very handy so long as you remember to select the figure (all collision objects) and the garment.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

i love this concept and the interface...the tool's a huge timesaver. 

but for some reason the script isn't doing The Thing I Bought It To Do...LOL.

i've applied dforce static surface modifiers to a pair of earrings to keep dforce hair from simulating through them.  but the script doesn't recognize them as being dforced objects, and for some reason i can't click them/check them/add them to the list of objects to include in a simulation in the 'show all' mode. 

the earrings--the fawne earrings, from 3duniverse--load as a rigged group.  and down the rigging structure, they're attached to rigid follow nodes.  any idea what my problem is?

thanks!

j

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    jardine said:

i've applied dforce static surface modifiers to a pair of earrings to keep dforce hair from simulating through them.  but the script doesn't recognize them as being dforced objects, and for some reason i can't click them/check them/add them to the list of objects to include in a simulation in the 'show all' mode. 

You could try making the earrings dynamic then setting their Dynamics Strength in the surface parameters to 0. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thank you,  RGcincy.  that's a clever workaround.  :)

j

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801
    edited November 2020

Hey @ManFriday is it possible, that you can add Props also to the tool? Like, I wanna dropp a blanket over a couch, but need to use the standard UI.

I hate the reset option of the standard UI, because it needs the submenues, if you click the BIG button "clear" it will destroy all the simulations ( I hate that the button is so danger...).

Thats why I would love, when I could also see all items who are props or, just have any dforce surface added. The "Show all" checkbox doesnt help there.

Thanks.

Edit: Thanks @marble, I made me now a button!

Is it possible, that it could get a warning popup? :/

Post edited by Loony on
  • Loony said:

Hey @ManFriday is it possible, that you can add Props also to the tool? Like, I wanna dropp a blanket over a couch, but need to use the standard UI.

I hate the reset option of the standard UI, because it needs the submenues, if you click the BIG button "clear" it will destroy all the simulations ( I hate that the button is so danger...).

Thats why I would love, when I could also see all items who are props or, just have any dforce surface added. The "Show all" checkbox doesnt help there.

You are not alone in requesting this... I have it on my list of things for a future update, although it might take a while for the dForce Companion.

ManFriday said:
    Loony said:

You are not alone in requesting this... I have it on my list of things for a future update, although it might take a while for the dForce Companion.

Ahh great, thanks ^_^

Has anyone else noticed that dForce companion no longer works with the latest DAZ Studio update (4.14.0.10)?

The panel which shows the selectable items no longer recognises everything in the scene. I often add primitives as collision objects and I can't see them in the Companion panel. What's worse is that I can't make them collision objects either because the Companion seems to make everything it doesn't see as invisible to the simulation. I've had to disable the plugin andgo back to selecting manually.

marble said:

Has anyone else noticed that dForce companion no longer works with the latest DAZ Studio update (4.14.0.10)?

The panel which shows the selectable items no longer recognises everything in the scene. I often add primitives as collision objects and I can't see them in the Companion panel. What's worse is that I can't make them collision objects either because the Companion seems to make everything it doesn't see as invisible to the simulation. I've had to disable the plugin andgo back to selecting manually.

I still run on 4.12 and I can tell you objects was NEVER visible there, ONLY clothes.  But as you can see if you scroll up a bit, ManFriday wanna add objects to it too ;)

Loony said:

marble said:

I still run on 4.12 and I can tell you objects was NEVER visible there, ONLY clothes.  But as you can see if you scroll up a bit, ManFriday wanna add objects to it too ;)

Ok, then I wonder how I managed before? I'm sure I didn't need to disable it to be able to make the primitives visible in simulation. This is odd.

marble said:

Loony said:

marble said:

Ok, then I wonder how I managed before? I'm sure I didn't need to disable it to be able to make the primitives visible in simulation. This is odd.

Primitves should be standard visible in Simulation.

Sometimes! it can happen that they get turned off, then turn on it just again, AND! I also saw it (very annoying) sometimes, if you go in the surfaces and scroll complete down, that some objects have "simulation" disabled.

It will be the last entry, IF there is a simulation surface. (if not you can add it from simulations tab).

edited December 2020

Loony said:

marble said:

Loony said:

marble said:

Primitves should be standard visible in Simulation.

Sometimes! it can happen that they get turned off, then turn on it just again, AND! I also saw it (very annoying) sometimes, if you go in the surfaces and scroll complete down, that some objects have "simulation" disabled.

It will be the last entry, IF there is a simulation surface. (if not you can add it from simulations tab).

I'll be doing some more scenes later so I'll make sure I look at all the settings but I can't think that I have done anything different to the way I've always used primitives in simulations. Yesterday, however, I just couldn't get the plane to be a collision object even though it was visible in simulation in the Display settings. I admit that I didn't check the enabled/disabled setting but, as you say, I always assume that it will be enabled by default. 

Also, it worked fine after I disabled the Companion plugin.

Post edited by marble on

Make then also sure to check the surface, maybe it turned off there.

• You can use primitives in simulations, it's just that the dForce companion doesn't show them in its pane. It only shows figures (objects with rigging).

That was an oversight and it's on my list of things to fix one day, but I can't predict when I'll be able to release an update.

edited December 2020

ManFriday said:

You can use primitives in simulations, it's just that the dForce companion doesn't show them in its pane. It only shows figures (objects with rigging).

That was an oversight and it's on my list of things to fix one day, but I can't predict when I'll be able to release an update.

Yep, I have no idea why I had that particular problem before where the plane was just ignored by the simulation but I've just tried again and it is working now. As you say, the plane does not appear in the Companion selections but I can live with that so long as it is not ignored.

DC_Test.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by marble on

marble said:

ManFriday said:

You can use primitives in simulations, it's just that the dForce companion doesn't show them in its pane. It only shows figures (objects with rigging).

Yep, I have no idea why I had that particular problem before where the plane was just ignored by the simulation but I've just tried again and it is working now. As you say, the plane does not appear in the Companion selections but I can live with that so long as it is not ignored.

maybe like I just had, if it start ignoring it check the simulation section in the objects parameters AND check the last part in the surfaces, if you see simulation "disabled". SOmetimes does daz3d things we never changed...

edited December 2020

Removed post

Post edited by marble on
    edited December 2020

@ManFriday I just downloaded the newest version and wanted to upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1 but... when I run the .exe it does not create a .dll in my Plugin folder :(

I moved the old dll out and the dforce panel is gone, I have no idea where the .exe does move the dll.

(I used now the DIM and installed there, now I got the dll but... why is your .exe not working?)

Post edited by Loony on
  • is this a dforce maker or something. i am looking for something that can make a cloth from marvelous designer into dforce

edited December 2020

videoninja719 said:

is this a dforce maker or something. i am looking for something that can make a cloth from marvelous designer into dforce

no, it does just help you to dforce different products.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-master-cloth-simulation-presets

This can help you, it have a lot options to make simulations much better possible, but some items are never simulateable because... no idea why :/

I use it very much.

it have options to help adjusting the clothes. It loads on the surface, so you select the surface regions and then select the options, its in the shaders (atleast thats where I placed it...).

It does just change the simulation options, which are in surfaces.

Post edited by Loony on
  • videoninja719 said:

is this a dforce maker or something. i am looking for something that can make a cloth from marvelous designer into dforce

With the imported item selected, Edit>Figure>Geometry>Add dForce Modifier : Dynamic Surface. Optionally you can rig it by having the item and the figure loaded (the clothing has to fit on the figure without modification) and using Edit>Figure>Transfer Utility, setting the Source to the figure and the imported object as the Target.