toot toot :-)

01_train.jpg
    1434 x 695 - 715K
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@bigh: Another neat image.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,177
    edited December 1969

Bigh- wow the toot toot is so cute, can you give me the link for that. I need to download the free version of Sketchup 2014 as the plugin does not work with Sketchup 8

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Bigh- wow the toot toot is so cute, can you give me the link for that. I need to download the free version of Sketchup 2014 as the plugin does not work with Sketchup 8

I don't have link - you can download it from sketchup warehouse .
    the plugin works for me in skup 8 - it under file ( close to the bottom )

tip - what I do
    download model
    make folder with same name ( or a name to tell me what it is )
    drag sk model into folder
    open skup - open sk model
    start obj plugin ( obj will be same name as sk file - with all the texture )
    that way every thing is in the same folder for Bryce or what program you are going to use.
    some times you will have to find the texture what loading the model - they will all be there .
    hope this help .

edited December 1969

bigh said:

tip - what I do
    download model
    that way every thing is in the same folder for Bryce or what program you are going to use.
    some times you will have to find the texture what loading the model - they will all be there .
    hope this help

Thanks for the explanation but it does not make sense to me, my comprehension is waning with each passing day. I put the plug-in in the plugin folder in the sketchup folder in the program file. I think I will pass on this and play with abstracts. ;)

edited December 1969

bigh said:

tip - what I do
    download model
    hope this help

Thanks for the explanation but it does not make sense to me, my comprehension is waning with each passing day. I put the plug-in in the plugin folder in the sketchup folder in the program file. I think I will pass on this and play with abstracts. ;)

toot toot - was made using 3 model
    train
    tracks
    train station
    all downloaded from the skup warehouse here -
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/?redirect=1

edited December 1969

@mermaid: If you go to Sketchup.com you can download the free version of Sketchup 2014. Installation walks you through registering the free version so you can use it as the free version. There's a plugin manager, which you can download at Sketchucation.com, which helps find and install plugins. Go to Resources, Plugin Download and the download button is at the top of the screen. When you open Sketchup 2014, after installing it and all the rest, you'll see a small window with three gem like icons in it. That window was floating after I installed it, but you can dock it to any space available. Clicking on the left gem icon will open the Plugin Store where you can search for any plugins you're after.

edited April 2014

Thanks Bigh and Guss for all your help.

Since I am not into modelling, I'm going to take the easy route. ;)

For the next few days I'm going to download what I like from Sketchup.warehouse and then install the 2014 Pro and convert the files to objs. I think the trial version is for 3 or 4 days. For me that's the easiest way to covert sketchup models to objs.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

For the next few days I'm going to download what I like from Sketchup.warehouse and then install the 2014 Pro and convert the files to objs. I think the trial version is for 3 or 4 days. For me that's the easiest way to covert sketchup models to objs.

good idea
    trial is for 8 days - and it goes per min.
    so you could use it a long time !

edited December 1969

bigh said:

good idea
    trial is for 8 days - and it goes per min.
    so you could use it a long time !

Thanks for the additional information. :)

edited December 1969

And after the Pro trial period is over, you can still use Sketchup 2014 as the free version. Only without all the additional export formats.