[OT] **FINALLY**

Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Good riddance to that malevolent little git. And I know you know who I'm talking about :cheese:

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Depends on the show. My git may not be the same as your git. lol

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Uhhhhhh . . . nooooo . . . 'fraid not. ~scratches head~

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

No clue, do tell

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

No clue, do tell

Actually it dawned on me after I posted that I may still be navigating the treacherous waters of Time Zone Spoilerdom.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited December 1969

...no big news headlines, so who?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Little git? There was a Little git? And it was malevolent too? I think I'm watching the wrong shows, or maybe I'm not watching any shows. I'm pretty sure I'm watching some shows so maybe the right show but not aired here yet? And now I got to know...
    Enters LURK mode in thread

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited April 2014

I don't even know at all what's going on at all, nor do I even watch the show, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that King Jeoffery finally got whacked on Game of Thrones?

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited December 1969

If so, then that is great news and long time coming! I don't have cable, but do watch it on DVD once released, so this could give me something to look forward to.

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

Game of Thrones... I'm 99.9% sure I'd love it, but not prepared to subscribe to a premium channel in UK just for one TV show - if it ever turns up on Netflix or LoveFilm/Amazon I'll be all over it...

...but Vikings on LoveFilm/AmazonPrime had some traditional killing in it - so now I'm wondering if the show will include the story of how Ragnar gets killed that I was told at school, and what his sons do for revenge (although from an English teacher in a Scottish school, it was told from a defender's perspective - I love that the show is from Viking perspective).

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited April 2014

I don't watch GoT, never could. Tried once, but it didn't stick.

I absolutely love Vikings. We get it here in the states by way of the History channel on cable. So far, Floki and Lagertha are my loves (Ragnar tends to make me want to reach through my tv and choke him, but being female I identified with Lagertha more).

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749
    edited December 1969

valar morghulis

all men must die

Great books, even better television.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,450
    edited April 2014

dhtapp said:
    Good riddance to that malevolent little git. And I know you know who I'm talking about :cheese:

Um, no I don't. 8-o

Surprisingly perhaps, but I don't read minds nor do I (and apparently many others here) see the same moon in the sky. We must be on different planets.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited December 1969

dhtapp said:

Um, no I don't. 8-o

Surprisingly perhaps, but I don't read minds nor do I (and apparently many others here) see the same moon in the sky. We must be on different planets.

Hah! That's easy to forget when, as is true for me, it seems like every.single.acquaintance is a GoT junkie.

Yeah, King Joffrey didn't have nearly as much fun at his wedding as he thought he would.

BlJY5yJIcAANQth.jpg-large_.jpeg
    640 x 480 - 42K
  • icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

dhtapp said:
    dhtapp said:

Um, no I don't. 8-o

Hah! That's easy to forget when, as is true for me, it seems like every.single.acquaintance is a GoT junkie.

Yeah, King Joffrey didn't have nearly as much fun at his wedding as he thought he would.

He planning on entering the next gurning contest?

edited December 1969

Hmmmmm, considering I've read all the GoT books that have been published so far . . . I should've figured that one out, even though I haven't rented the seasonal series from Netflix yet. My bad.

• DirewrathDirewrath Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

dhtapp said:
    dhtapp said:

Um, no I don't. 8-o

Oh he was having a grand old time, up until that point. ;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited April 2014

...hmph, GoT, No telly, so no real opinion either way.

Thought it was some unloved annoying bloke who kicked in in the real world.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,450
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Nope, I'm still here.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

From the info I was able to find it's boy king Joffery. I hated him with a passion, so that actor did his job right.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/14/showbiz/game-of-thrones-purple-wedding/

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited April 2014

I hate him with a purple passion. He is a sick and demented spoiled brat. Ever since he took Stark's head I've had visions of his painful and suffering death.

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

The young guy who plays (played?) him seems like a good sport.

I had to blur out the last word in his sign. Pretty sure it would've gotten me permanently booted from the DAZ community :ohh:

BlJZMhBCcAA9lTP.jpg-large_.jpeg
    675 x 671 - 75K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,157
    edited December 1969

I had to laugh, Frank. You missed a letter there... He soiled himself or you soiled yourself or... He's spoiled??? LMAO

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    I had to laugh, Frank. You missed a letter there... He soiled himself or you soiled yourself or... He's spoiled??? LMAO

ROFL. fixed it now

edited April 2014

Frank0314 said:
    I hate him with a purple passion. He is a sick and demented spoiled brat. Ever since he took Stark's head I've had visions of his painful and suffering death.

You and me both. I liked Eddard Stark. Then again, I read the books, not yet seen the series, but always thought the git needed his comeuppance.

I can't wait for his mother to get hers. Now that's a scene I can't wait to read.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

Nope, I'm still here.

You are not unloved.
    I love you.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

Jack Gleeson is really a sweet kid, not at all like the character of Joffrey. I'm just surprised it happened so soon into Season 4. I truly thought it was going to be mid-season before we could see Joffrey offed.

Great picture of Peter Dinklage. Sucks to be Tyrion, though. Framed for the attack that crippled Bran and started the war, & now blamed for his nephew's murder, too. He gets the best lines of the series--"Here's to the Lanister children. The dwarf, the cripple, and the mother of madness." Tyrion is the most level-headed character on the show--will be a challenge for him to keep it.

But what's really great about GoT is the everyone, even the bit-players. They ALL put in a tremendous investment in making that world look real...not like other series or movies, especially fantasies, where so many of the minor characters and window dressing just go through the motions. On GoT, everyone on camera really acts like their character is really existing and living in that environment. Kudos to the entire cast!

• decibeldecibel Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Sure how great would it be to be that young and get paid for playing a nasty villian in a hit show that will be remembered for some time.
    At least long enough for his next gig. Playing bad guys for a living can be very lucrative so long as you can separate yourself from your character while off stage.

Great show, looking forward to next week.

I'd rather be Tyrion than Theon Greyjoy. woof!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,749
    edited December 1969

Here's hoping Jack gets a chance to play another character and something totally different very soon, because a negative role like King Joffery can typecast an actor for the rest of a career.

• decibeldecibel Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

because a negative role like King Joffery can typecast an actor for the rest of a career.

As soon as you said that I pictured Malcolm McDowell. There was a young man, not unlike Jack, who has had a major career based on being the worst bad guys. And, to me, some of his worst roles have been when he played against type, like when he played H.G. Wells vs Jack the Ripper. Maybe the fault is mine because I couldn't believe he could be that wimpy.

Back on topic off topic
    That said, I hope Jon Snow and that nice snow girl make up someday. lol

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited April 2014

A friend has lent me Season 1... just watched the first two episodes - it's got a good vibe so far - sex, violence and intrigue all wrapped up in good fantasy settings...

...but I'm in two minds about so many outfits in my runtime being such shameless copies of costumes I've seen already in just 2 hours of footage - looks like I'll need to mentally remove kudos points I had awarded for originality.

*sigh* I suppose it's just as well I kitbash most outfits I use, but annoyed so many elements are a choice between several signature costumes from the same darned show... I supposed that's the ultimate risk of buying costumes instead of making them - being involuntarily turned-out as a fanboi due to ignorance.

Post edited by Jabba on