[OT] **FINALLY**

2»

Comments

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    A friend has lent me Season 1... just watched the first two episodes - it's got a good vibe so far - sex, violence and intrigue all wrapped up in good fantasy settings...

...but I'm in two minds about so many outfits in my runtime being such shameless copies of costumes I've seen already in just 2 hours of footage - looks like I'll need to mentally remove kudos points I had awarded for originality.

*sigh* I suppose it's just as well I kitbash most outfits I use, but annoyed so many elements are a choice between several signature costumes from the same darned show... I supposed that's the ultimate risk of buying costumes instead of making them - being involuntarily turned-out as a fanboi due to ignorance.

Since you're just getting into it, I'll try not to spoil it for you (beyond what this thread's already done ;-) ) but there ARE dragons in that world--(well, technically wyverns, but I'm not one to quibble when they're done THIS good) so I won't tell you when they show up or where, but they are definitely worth watching the entire series just to see them! The quality of the CGI put into them is just awesome!

As for the costumes that showed up here based on GoT, I have no qualms about them. Certainly, the hardest part for the PAs here is getting such items to look right and still work! But you'd probably be surprised at how many other shows, movies & games have inspired costumes, sets, and props sold here & other places. I bet, though, if you kitbash outfits across several unrelated genres, you can make them look 'original'--the trick will be to make the pieces look like they belong together and fit the environments.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

LOL, for a moment I thought maybe this thread was about me being banned, but then it occurred to me that I hadn't made anything but benign posts and occasional rants about Hex and Bryce needing to be brought out of the digital stone age, as well as Cararra's midevil (yeah!) UI.

Game of Thrones? I know it's some sort of media show, but if it ain't Suits, I wouldn't know anything about it.

Why stop at blurring out that last word in the poster? Should have replaced it with "git", that way I would have known right away it wasn't a 3 page thread about me. :roll: :lol:

Anyway...carry on!

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,460
    edited December 1969

No worries, that probably sounded a lot stronger than I meant it to be, I hadn't quite counted to 10 when I wrote it - I have no problems buying movie styles when I know that's what I'm buying e.g. dress Igigi in Creation Engineer and you have the main subject of interest in Prometheus.

I had a 'WTF' moment... more a case of being annoyed with myself because I was behind the curve on GoT themed content. I'm certainly not outraged it was done in the first place, so I should have worded it better - mind you, I would prefer product descriptions to flag "movie/show inspired content" just as a heads-up without actually spelling out what it's copied from... after all, the costumes are really good, so it would be dumb to not copy them to some extent or another (not to mention some also have a relatively authentic feel for Medieval, so there's only a certain number of ways to model a practical tunic, boots, greatsword and scabbard etc).

Yes indeedy, dragon eggs were a wedding present to the girl making the best of a bad situation, so I'd reckon she's got pivotal role with them (funny thing, I identified GoT styling in Rendo products at the time they were released that are based on her character, just seemed to totally miss the connection with Night Guard etc).

But so many Brits in the cast, if i get bored i can always play spot-the-character from other shows, hehehe.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Game of Thrones? I know it's some sort of media show, but if it ain't Suits, I wouldn't know anything about it.

Ohhhh, another Suits fan!! One of my favorite shows, which is strange for me since I spent 40 years of my working career at a major NY law firm. ~shakes head~
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Ohhhh, another Suits fan!! One of my favorite shows, which is strange for me since I spent 40 years of my working career at a major NY law firm. ~shakes head~

About the only thing I find implausible is the ease with which they seem to be able to hack into the New York Bar. WTH?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,937
    edited December 1969

...this pic still says it all for me.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/426840/

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

About the only thing I find implausible is the ease with which they seem to be able to hack into the New York Bar. WTH?
    Hey it is fiction you know. ~ROFL~
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...this pic still says it all for me.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/426840/

That has to be one of my fave images ever. I laughed so hard when s/he first posted it.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I hate him with a purple passion. He is a sick and demented spoiled brat. Ever since he took Stark's head I've had visions of his painful and suffering death.

Frank,

I've just returned from holiday, hence the belated reply to your post.

Technically, Joffrey is a sadistic psychopath, by the correct meaning of those two much abused terms.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    A friend has lent me Season 1... just watched the first two episodes - it's got a good vibe so far - sex, violence and intrigue all wrapped up in good fantasy settings...

...but I'm in two minds about so many outfits in my runtime being such shameless copies of costumes I've seen already in just 2 hours of footage - looks like I'll need to mentally remove kudos points I had awarded for originality.

*sigh* I suppose it's just as well I kitbash most outfits I use, but annoyed so many elements are a choice between several signature costumes from the same darned show... I supposed that's the ultimate risk of buying costumes instead of making them - being involuntarily turned-out as a fanboi due to ignorance.

Since you're just getting into it, I'll try not to spoil it for you (beyond what this thread's already done

I don't think this thread is much of a spoiler, Joffrey has been a violent death waiting to happen right from the start. Incidentally, he's also a horrible lesson in the dangers of inbreeding.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited December 1969

I don't think this thread is much of a spoiler, Joffrey has been a violent death waiting to happen right from the start. Incidentally, he's also a horrible lesson in the dangers of inbreeding.

A lesson Cersei and Jaime should have learned long before Joffrey was born. Then again, I'm sure no one in their universe ever heard of "safe sex".
  • Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited December 1969

I bet, though, if you kitbash outfits across several unrelated genres, you can make them look 'original'--the trick will be to make the pieces look like they belong together and fit the environments.

I held off way too long on picking up Fabricator. It's rapidly becoming my BFF for just this reason.

edited December 1969

dhtapp said:
    I bet, though, if you kitbash outfits across several unrelated genres, you can make them look 'original'--the trick will be to make the pieces look like they belong together and fit the environments.

I held off way too long on picking up Fabricator. It's rapidly becoming my BFF for just this reason.

I'm a huge fan of kitbashing and I never pass up the opportunity to sing the praises of Fabricator in general and Silkessence and Ye Olde Clothe bundle in particular.

Even as I type, I'm rendering a V6 with an outfit that combines elements from two V4 outfits with the high-heeled boots from the V6/G2F Felicity outfit. The textures for the outfit came from the two Fabricator sets mentioned above.

Cheers,

Alex.

• decibeldecibel Posts: 66
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    I'm sure no one in their universe ever heard of "safe sex".

I might have agreed with you, having no evidence to the contrary, until this week's episode April 22, 2014.
    The shot is very short and I almost didn't notice it at all but it would suggest that "safe sex" is practiced by some.

I could be wrong because I did not go back to look again but I'm pretty sure I interpreted the image correctly.

Anyone else see it?

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 660
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:

Since you're just getting into it, I'll try not to spoil it for you (beyond what this thread's already done

Cheers,

Alex.Well, THAT doesn't happen until Season 4. After all, given how frequently people die on that show, it certainly is a spoiler that it's not happening to Joffrey way before then...and then when it does happen, you're expecting it to happen much later in the season--after all, everyone's just wondering how much worse Joffrey's gonna get as the episodes progress, then suddenly, "*ack!*" :vampire:

Now when Jabba sees THIS, he's going to be thinking for the rest of the series: "if Tyrion & Denny should ever meet, whether as enemy or ally, it won't matter: somebody's gonna get BBQ'd!" :coolgrin: