And yet another D.O.A. DAZ Coupon

CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,933
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Just got the Make it rain coupon... and it doesn't work. The expiration date is the 21st, so I'm wondering if this went out early by accident?

Comments

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited April 2014

Just got the Make it rain coupon... and it doesn't work. The expiration date is the 21st, so I'm wondering if this went out early by accident?

Look at the newsletter again. The purchase total has to be at least $10. and the Coupon should be in all caps.
    Hope this helps.
    ETA: It worked for me.:)
    Post edited by TJohn on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,933
    edited December 1969

Ooookay... following up on this, I found that the TEXT version of the ad reads "excludes items under $3". HOWEVER, the graphic on the html version of the ad has an asterisk with the disclaimer *excludes gift cards and items under $10".

Sometimes I wonder if someone in DAZ's ad department is actually TRYING to set a record for screw-ups...

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Which newsletter? I didn't get one, then again I changed my main email address today. Edited it in my Daz info so it should work now. Also tried checking in my messages, etc. under My Account but nothing there either. Link, please?

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Which newsletter? I didn't get one, then again I changed my main email address today. Edited it in my Daz info so it should work now. Also tried checking in my messages, etc. under My Account but nothing there either. Link, please?

It's not a newsletter. It's one of those random coupons some people get in the mail.
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

It's not a newsletter, it's an email coupon. Probably targeted.

edited December 1969

Then that makes two of these I never got. Must not be in the target audience or whatever. :sigh:

• DAZ_Steve_2154153DAZ_Steve_2154153 Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Ooookay... following up on this, I found that the TEXT version of the ad reads "excludes items under $3". HOWEVER, the graphic on the html version of the ad has an asterisk with the disclaimer *excludes gift cards and items under $10".

Sometimes I wonder if someone in DAZ's ad department is actually TRYING to set a record for screw-ups...

Actually, there are several different coupons. One of which excludes items under $3, and three separate segmented ones that went out today excluding items under $10. I just double checked, and in all four cases the image matches the text version. If you have an example of a url to read a message online, let me know and I'll pass it along. But it looks to me like everything is consistent.

edited December 1969

me said:

Actually, there are several different coupons. One of which excludes items under $3, and three separate segmented ones that went out today excluding items under $10. I just double checked, and in all four cases the image matches the text version. If you have an example of a url to read a message online, let me know and I'll pass it along. But it looks to me like everything is consistent.

Well, clearly you haven't checked them all, since I received one that IS mismatched. (Then again, I have no idea who you are or how you might be in a position to know in the first place.) However, just to be clear, it reads one way on my blackberry, which I normally leave set to not receive images, whereas the same exact message contradicts itself in the ad graphic. The following section is copied verbatim:

<<a href="http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-01.jpg>;">http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-01.jpg>;
    We're giving you $6 Off you next purchase with coupon code: <<a href="http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-02.jpg>;">http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-02.jpg>; Make-it-rain Excludes items under $3

edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Then that makes two of these I never got. Must not be in the target audience or whatever. :sigh:

Today you do :)

BYRDIE-SAVE-$6-EXCL-ITEMS-UNDER-$10-AND-GC

Try it... it works :)

edited December 1969

me said:

Well, clearly you haven't checked them all, since I received one that IS mismatched. (Then again, I have no idea who you are or how you might be in a position to know in the first place.) However, just to be clear, it reads one way on my blackberry, which I normally leave set to not receive images, whereas the same exact message contradicts itself in the ad graphic. The following section is copied verbatim:

<<a href="http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-01.jpg>;">http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-01.jpg>;
    We're giving you $6 Off you next purchase with coupon code: <<a href="http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-02.jpg>;">http://www.daz3d.com/newsletter/2014/rewards/04-13rain/coupon-02.jpg>; Make-it-rain Excludes items under $3

Gotcha. Thanks for sending that over. It wasn't in the "text" version of the email. It was in the "alt" text for the image in the HTML version. Good catch. So if your device attempts to show HTML, but hides the images, this could be visible. I'll pass along that they need to be more careful. My apologies for the incorrect assumption.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,938
    edited December 1969

Interesting... The ALT text on my email only excludes gift cards. The image excludes gift cards and items under $10.
    Anyway, thanks for the coupon, and it was nice of you to take care of Byrdie, too.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

cha-CHING! thanks :)

edited December 1969

DAZ_Steve said:
    Byrdie said:

Today you do :)

BYRDIE-SAVE-$6-EXCL-ITEMS-UNDER-$10-AND-GC

Try it... it works :)

Wow! Thanks. Just grabbed a DM set I'd been eyeing for some time. :coolsmile:

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,683
    edited December 1969

Mine doesnt say anything about a $3 requirement. But why would you exclude a $30.00 order of 10 $3 items, but include a order $10 order of one item? Sounds odd to me.

-MJ

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,874
    edited December 1969

SAVE-$6-EXCL-ITEMS-UNDER-$10-AND-GC

What part of that is the code? All of that???

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

The whole code

edited April 2014

It didn't work and the item was about $16. I copied/pasted.
    EDIT: Just tried it again- with and without Byrdie's name. Didn't work.

Post edited by Novica on
  • SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    It didn't work and the item was about $16. I copied/pasted.
    EDIT: Just tried it again- with and without Byrdie's name. Didn't work.

I thought that was just for Byrdie only...

edited December 1969

Yeah, I'm confused :) (But happy for Byrdie!)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited April 2014

MJ007 said:
    Mine doesnt say anything about a $3 requirement. But why would you exclude a $30.00 order of 10 $3 items, but include a order $10 order of one item? Sounds odd to me.

-MJ

I'm sure marketing is feeding the hamsters to see which ones are hungry... they try different types of seasoning to see which get's the most bites..

This hamster is waiting for that bundle of steak I saw the other day... make that prime rib of beef!

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Yeah, I'm confused :) (But happy for Byrdie!)

Yes, it was a special code active only on Byrdie's account.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:

-MJ

Because - unusual, unusual! - these coupons ARE working on PA items, not only DazOriginals.
    Now put yourself in the place of an artist who gets exactly nothing from selling one of his/her products because of that coupon?
    I think it's generous that they don't say $12 minimum for a $6 coupon - which would only take Daz's share of the price.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I have had the coupon for the $6 off with only the excludes $3 items. No other caveats. Coupon doesn't work. Do I have to file a ticket for this as well? The last three exclusive messages with offers DAZ has sent have failed to work properly and end up with my having to add to the Customer Service load when it shouldn't be necessary.

• AdrianSAdrianS Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

I also have the coupon. I've tried it twice and it doesn't work. The first time, the items were all under $10 but the total was over. I thought maybe that there had to be at least one single item over $10, but the next try had that and it still wasn't accepted. There seems to be no other conditions stated (DAZ originals etc.) so what DOES it need to make this coupon work?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited April 2014

The codes can be tricky at times. You have to make sure that the End-Total is over the minimum, not the total before discounts.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
    edited December 1969

My current order, after discounts for Platinum Club, comes to $18.73. Even if the coupon worked, it would still be over $10.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

The most recent coupon I received, which expires on 4/21, excluded Gift Cards and items under $10. If there are items in the cart under $10, it won't work.

edited December 1969

Does this mean that every item in the order must be over $10? I have one item over $10, and two under. Do I have to split this into two orders, and order the more expensive item individually in order to get the coupon to work? That seems odd!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449
    edited December 1969

It worked for me with a mix of items (one under $10, two over) so that shouldn't be the issue.

edited December 1969

Even with just one item (the Temptation and Drama pose pack - $13.95) in my cart, it will not work. I've tried upper case. lower case, mixed case, cutting and pasting from the email, and nothing will make it acceptable.I am within the deadline (21st) and have met the $10 minimum. I can see no reason why it should not be acceptable.