dekogon-studios-7.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 592K

Comments

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

Wow. Definitely one to watch for.

• lana_lasslana_lass Posts: 518
    edited April 2020

The Little Rascals Cash GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Aw geez, this is so gonna be me when their products drop...

Post edited by lana_lass on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

that train interior is free as an Unreal Asset

shadowplay capture I did with it

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

I saw his stuff recently.  It all looks really good.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    lilweep said:

Big if true.

Do we have a source for this?  Nothing on their Twitter or FB.  Also we already have nice looking FBX and OBJ stuff here that takes fiddling and isn't setting the world on fire.  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762
    Mattymanx said:

They.  Their sIte says it's a collective of artists.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576

...well there goes that stimulus payment.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    Cybersox said:
    Mattymanx said:

They.  Their sIte says it's a collective of artists.

Sorry, just a habbit of saying His or He.  Meant nothing by it

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'd buy all 3 of those products.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,235

King Wash Laundromat arrived - hopefully more on the way.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

Oooh, looks nice!

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532

Any SciFi?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    lilweep said:

I wonder why they're not specifically credited as a co-creator. The only PA with a credit is Polish Studio, on the readme. (The credit to Polish was on the main site last night, but seems to be gone today. It's only in the readme now.) Maybe Polish and Dekogon are the same people ...?

I had to think long and hard about getting it because (a) I already had a laundromat by Polish, and (b) it is utterly maddening to use. This did look really interesting, though. Plus, very cheap.

Dekogon has buckets of FBX and OBJ stuff over on Renderhub, although most of it is the kind of stuff I'd want rigged to use. All looks impressively detailed, though.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,165
    vwrangler said:
    lilweep said:

I wonder why they're not specifically credited as a co-creator. The only PA with a credit is Polish Studio, on the readme. (The credit to Polish was on the main site last night, but seems to be gone today. It's only in the readme now.) Maybe Polish and Dekogon are the same people ...?

Polish converted it to DS and Iray with the creator's permission.

Another one.  https://www.daz3d.com/subway-tunnel-environment

Hopefully Polish has been given more to convert.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,325

I just saw an excellent Basketball Gym on their site. I hope they bring that over to DAZ

I just saw an excellent Basketball Gym on their site. I hope they bring that over to DAZ

thats the locale i want most too

https://www.daz3d.com/science-class-bundle

Another one out.  A more recent one.  I feel like this means we will probaly see them all at some point (hopefully)

I hope other content creators dont feel too undercut on the price point on these. They are very reasonably priced.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    lilweep said:

Another one out.  A more recent one.  I feel like this means we will probaly see them all at some point (hopefully)

I hope other content creators dont feel too undercut on the price point on these. They are very reasonably priced.

The bundle price is particularly generous, 5 items for just slightly more than the price of just one of them

and add the pc+ pens and calculator effectively for free yes

I don't do many renders in classrooms but couldn't resist

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    Don't have much use for the classroom setting, but getting them as a bonus with the Zeddicuss morphs and Catalyst's Ms. Rin character - at that price? Yep, sold.

Good opportunity to use the August PC+ coupon, too. And to grab Z Natural Breasts at a great price.
  • Ever notice that when there is a well priced bundle it's always during a sale where you would want multiple items to trigger the best discount? Still this one was worth getting by itself. 

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675
    Don't have much use for the classroom setting, but getting them as a bonus with the Zeddicuss morphs and Catalyst's Ms. Rin character - at that price? Yep, sold.

Good opportunity to use the August PC+ coupon, too. And to grab Z Natural Breasts at a great price.

Ever notice that when there is a well priced bundle it's always during a sale where you would want multiple items to trigger the best discount? Still this one was worth getting by itself. 

There seems to be a couple odd ting in store today. First the generous bundle that includes 4 items for less than the price of two (really hard to pass). Then some items at 65% base discount. For Zeddicus is only a couple items, for some other PA has a lot more. Take for example Aeon Soul or midnight stories have all their (non new) items at 65% base discount also (instead of 40%). I wish it had that discount yesterday, it would have saved me a few bucks.

What i like most (and this part was intended) is that the extra 30% on today's items is triggered by a combination of items including featured artist. I hate when it requires too many new items and and you only need one or two at most.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    lilweep said:

Seems the PAs doing the transformation into DAZ are a bit lazy though.. no scene files. Drawers not opening, although they are modelled and things not able to be morphed into the looks on the promo pictures (Rubik's Cube for example..)

Considering the price it's still a bargain, but it makes me think twice about buying another set if it's not bigly reduced in price..

edited August 2020

it was a bargain which is why I am not complaining at all

I actually will admit I had fun placing props where I thought they looked good

I am now rethinking a lot of my older products and how I can kitbash them more too

my end result 

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    lilweep said:

Seems the PAs doing the transformation into DAZ are a bit lazy though.. no scene files. Drawers not opening, although they are modelled and things not able to be morphed into the looks on the promo pictures (Rubik's Cube for example..)

Considering the price it's still a bargain, but it makes me think twice about buying another set if it's not bigly reduced in price..

The other ones were done well.  I think the PA's they got to do it this time were lazy.

Dekogon's showcase video

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Very cool, thanks for letting know

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    lilweep said:
    lilweep said:

The other ones were done well.  I think the PA's they got to do it this time were lazy.

For me it's the small things.. like that service area (KWL Wall 01 Set) of the King Wash Laundromat being not accessible... one has to either use the geometry tool or at least edit out quite some textures to "open it up" and even then there's no door leading into it and no furniture...

So the set - King Wash Laundromat - is made for the shot shown in the promo, with the need of a bit to a lot of editing, if one would want to use it with a different time of day. For me this is something that makes me refrain from buying it unless it gets real cheap, because of the work I might have to put into it to fit it to my needs.

And with the schoolroom set it's quite the same, or even worse, as not scene is included. If that whole bundle wouldn't have been extremely cheap, I probably would not have thought about buying it. As it is, I got a nice set of Z poses and an interesting female figure and a bunch of stuff I can fill up other scenes with a school motif with. So the first two things made it a good buy for the price asked.

Fact: every new product coming from dekogon in the future will be looked at very closely by me before I even think about spending money for it devil

lilweep said:
    lilweep said:

For me it's the small things.. like that service area (KWL Wall 01 Set) of the King Wash Laundromat being not accessible... one has to either use the geometry tool or at least edit out quite some textures to "open it up" and even then there's no door leading into it and no furniture...

Fact: every new product coming from dekogon in the future will be looked at very closely by me before I even think about spending money for it devil

good luck with that...

i mean a scene has to end somewhere lol